Windows 10: Windows Defender - Icon in shows Yellow ! and won't go away

Discus and support Windows Defender - Icon in shows Yellow ! and won't go away in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Windows 10 defender is showing [ATTACH] in the lower right portion of my desktop screen - I guess that is the task bar by the date/clock. all the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Brett-B, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Brett-B Win User

Windows Defender - Icon in shows Yellow ! and won't go away

My Windows 10 defender is showing Windows Defender - Icon in shows Yellow ! and won't go away aa59a15b-6485-4169-bb82-92f631e9afff?upload=true.jpg in the lower right portion of my desktop screen - I guess that is the task bar by the date/clock.

all the windows defender setting are set

Windows Defender - Icon in shows Yellow ! and won't go away 4c30b046-38cd-4621-8e9c-0e12c661e642?upload=true.jpg

So what can I do to get rid of the Windows Defender - Icon in shows Yellow ! and won't go away aa59a15b-6485-4169-bb82-92f631e9afff?upload=true.jpg because it was not there before?

:)

Brett-B, Jul 14, 2018

2. Win Defender shows yellow Icon

I just did a clean install of windows 10 pro 64 bit ver 1803 in the past few days.

Very few programs installed. HWMonitor, Core Temp, Emsisoft Emergency kit and that's about it.

Yesterday when I shut down Defender showed no yellow exclamation points.

Today, after running for a few minutes I checked and defender now shows a yellow exclamation point in the notification area.

When I open the security center it shows Device Performance & health with an exclamation point and suggests that I do a fresh start.

What is causing this and how do I remedy it without doing a Fresh Start?
    Windows Defender - Icon in shows Yellow ! and won't go away 4a1e6f55-e362-4370-8273-5820cf82689e?upload=true.png

snifferpro, Jul 14, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Michael Win User

Remove yellow/blue sheild icon from shortcuts

After upgrading to Windows 10, some desktop shortcuts have UAC shield icons. Is it possible to remove them?

Windows Defender - Icon in shows Yellow ! and won't go away [​IMG]

EDIT: Here's a solution...
    Launch the shortcuts via CMD:

• Right-click the shortcut to Properties
    • Click Change Icon, then click OK when its window pops up (necessary step to avoid losing the icon)
    • Add the following, plus a space, to the beginning of the Target field, leaving the existing path at the end:
      Code: cmd /c start ""[/quote]
    I had previously solved this by editing a system icon file, but that method doesn't seem to be working as of update 1607, plus it was a lot more trouble.

Michael, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender - Icon in shows Yellow ! and won't go away - Similar Threads - Defender Icon shows

2. Defender virus alert won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender virus alert won't go away: Here's the scenario.I am doing a massive clean-out of the attic and found a bunch of old MS-DOS games on floppy disks.I wanted to see if they still worked, so connected a USB floppy drive to my Windows 11 PC.One of them seems to have been infected with a virus at some point,...
  3. Defender virus alert won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender virus alert won't go away: Here's the scenario.I am doing a massive clean-out of the attic and found a bunch of old MS-DOS games on floppy disks.I wanted to see if they still worked, so connected a USB floppy drive to my Windows 11 PC.One of them seems to have been infected with a virus at some point,...
  4. Windows Defender alert won't go away.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender alert won't go away.: I turned on "Local Security Authority Protection", and I get an alert that says, "This change requires you to restart your device." I have restarted several times, but I cannot get that alert to go away....
  5. Windows Defender alert won't go away.

Windows Defender alert won't go away.: I turned on "Local Security Authority Protection", and I get an alert that says, "This change requires you to restart your device." I have restarted several times, but I cannot get that alert to go away....
  6. yellow fps counter wont go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yellow fps counter wont go away: there's a yellow fps counter at the top of my screen and it wont go away. ive tried geforce but no and the X on the side but its not there and its pissing me off. someone help...
  7. yellow fps counter wont go away

yellow fps counter wont go away: there's a yellow fps counter at the top of my screen and it wont go away. ive tried geforce but no and the X on the side but its not there and its pissing me off. someone help...
  8. yellow fps counter wont go away

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. NCIS - Network Connection Status Icon (yellow triangle) won't go away

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NCIS - Network Connection Status Icon (yellow triangle) won't go away: When I enable modern authentication in O365 most Dell PC clients are happy but 20 or so that show the Network Connection Status Icon (yellow triangle) get Outlook startup errors or constant login prompts. So I’ve set a group policy to stop the check, but the <insert curse...
  10. Defender tray icon showing yellow triangle?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender tray icon showing yellow triangle?: Windows Defender is showing a yellow triangle on the tray icon, even though it is fully updated? The Security Centre home page shows all settings green ticked, and the only problem I find is on the "Apps & browser control" page, where the first item "Check apps and files" has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender actions needed wont go away

2. windows defender yellow triangle notification

3. windows defender icon showing yellow

4. windows defender yellow no action needed,
  5. Hello Cortana Windows Defender has a yellow shield what do I do,
  6. windows defender has yellow,
  7. why does the windows defender icon stay red?,
  8. windows defender exclamation point,
  9. defender for Endpoint アイコン,
  10. why is my yellow ! security showing and how to remove?,
  11. why does the yellow triangle on my Windows Defender stay on,