Windows 10: Windows Defender Icon ?

Discus and support Windows Defender Icon ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Sometimes, the Windows Defender icon in the taskbar appears especially after launching the Windows Defender app, but after a next reboot, the icon is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by win10freak, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Windows Defender Icon ?

Sometimes, the Windows Defender icon in the taskbar appears especially after launching the Windows Defender app, but after a next reboot, the icon is no longer appears.

How can I make the icon for Windows Defender to appear permanently like I have it shown in my image shot here?

Thanks

:)

win10freak, Apr 7, 2016

2. Is Windows Defender Icon Supposed to be in System Tray?

Is Win10 1607 installed?

<QP>

With the Windows 10 Redstone build [i.e., Win10 1607], Windows Defender icon is added to the notification area and can’t be removed via Settings. However, you may remove the icon by disabling an optional startup entry added by Windows Defender.

The Anniversary Build (or Redstone 1) includes an additional executable named MSASCuiL.exe which adds the Windows Defender tray icon...

</QP>

Source:
    http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/remove-windows-defender-notification-icon-windows-10-msascuil/

<QP>

Windows 10’s Anniversary Update adds a Windows Defender icon to the notification area on your taskbar...

</QP>

Source:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/264796/how-to-remove-the-windows-defender-icon-from-your-notification-area/

<QP>

Windows 10 Anniversary Update v1607 and later will now display the Windows Defender icon in the Notification Area of your taskbar...

</QP>

Source:
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/remove-windows-defender-icon-windows-10

Related:
    http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/58339-after-anniversary-update-windows-defender-suddenly-visible.html

========================================

None of the above is meant to imply that the Defender icon is always
    present in Notification Area.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 7, 2016
  3. Windows Defender is on but after reboots its brick wall icon does not show up in the area reserved for ^show hidden icons

Original Title: Windows Defender -- Is it active?

According to Settings Windows Defender is on but after reboots its brick wall icon does not show up in the area reserved for ^show hidden icons. Is Windows Defender actually on immediately after reboots or when the computer is powered back up after being
    turned off even if its Icon is not displayed when the ^show hidden icons is selected?

The Defender Icon does show up and then resides as a hidden Icon if I manually go to settings and select the "use Windows Defender" selection.

RandyDampier, Apr 7, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows Defender Icon ?

Left click at Start button > click All apps > scroll down to Windows System> click it to open > right click at Windows Defender > click More > click Pin to taskbar.

davidhk, Apr 7, 2016
  5. Yeah, I know how to Pin to Taskbar, but I was referring to the other Windows Defender icon near the clock marked in Red.

The one marked in RED, only appears when I execute Windows Defender manually but not during system startup.

win10freak, Apr 7, 2016
  6. AndreTen Win User
    It is there in last Insider Preview build.

AndreTen, Apr 7, 2016
  7. If you look at the bottom of this page you should see a tutorial of how to do it ,i just tried it and it worked for me. Len

insulator17, Apr 7, 2016
  8. Datapod Win User

Windows Defender Icon ?

Just did a little experimenting.

Open Windows Defender from Control Panel.

With Defender still open, Click on Settings. (gear icon by the Start Menu) and go to "Notifications and Actions."

Click "Select which Icons Appear on the Taskbar." On my system at least, as long as Defender is open it appears in the list.

Windows Defender Icon ? [​IMG]

Turning it on places it in the Notification area.

Windows Defender Icon ? [​IMG]

HTH

D

Datapod, Apr 7, 2016
  9. win10freak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Icon ?

1. Windows Defender Icon ? - Similar Threads - Defender Icon

2. Windows Defender Icon is missing from tray in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Icon is missing from tray in Windows 10: Hello-I have tried I believe everything. This youtube video I followed and did not help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXEM_NvUZAkI uninstalled win10 patches and still it is missing...I tried sfc/scannow and all the DISM.exe options. I tried Windows powershell and did not...
  3. Windows Defender Icon is missing from tray in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Icon is missing from tray in Windows 10: Hello-I have tried I believe everything. This youtube video I followed and did not help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXEM_NvUZAkI uninstalled win10 patches and still it is missing...I tried sfc/scannow and all the DISM.exe options. I tried Windows powershell and did not...
  4. Windows Defender Icon is missing from tray in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender tray icon not showing status.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender tray icon not showing status.: One problem with my Windows Security is the system tray, every time I move my cursor or right-click on it, it doesn't do anything, but can still open it. So how to fix it? Is it necessary to reset? Here's the one when it tries to show the description....
  6. Windows Defender tray icon not showing status.

Windows Defender tray icon not showing status.: One problem with my Windows Security is the system tray, every time I move my cursor or right-click on it, it doesn't do anything, but can still open it. So how to fix it? Is it necessary to reset? Here's the one when it tries to show the description....
  7. On my explorer icon there is a defender icon on it and I cannot log on to my i emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    On my explorer icon there is a defender icon on it and I cannot log on to my i emails: I cannot log on to my emails. There is a Defender icon on the explorer icon.Does this have something to do with why I cannot get on the internet?...
  8. On my explorer icon there is a defender icon on it and I cannot log on to my i emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my explorer icon there is a defender icon on it and I cannot log on to my i emails: I cannot log on to my emails. There is a Defender icon on the explorer icon.Does this have something to do with why I cannot get on the internet?...
  9. On my explorer icon there is a defender icon on it and I cannot log on to my i emails

10. How to Remove Windows Defender/Security icon from System Tray

How to Remove Windows Defender/Security icon from System Tray: How to Remove Windows Defender/Security icon from System Tray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-windows-defendersecurity-icon-from/5434bdcf-f53d-4a9a-9e49-146df66936c5