Windows 10: Windows defender is missing in my windows 10

Discus and support Windows defender is missing in my windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender which was running in my windows 10 Home x64 has disappeared while there was no other antivirus installed in my PC, the link to start... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by alim, Oct 15, 2016.

1. alim Win User

Windows defender is missing in my windows 10

Windows Defender which was running in my windows 10 Home x64 has disappeared while there was no other antivirus installed in my PC, the link to start windows defender is there but nothing running if I click on it, I tried gpedit and could not find folder in the group editor for windows defender so I assume it is not disabled in the group policy, I tried scannow to check for missing windows files the scan completed but no changes, what can I do to restore Windows defender?I have installed Avast AV for the present time.
    Any help is very much appreciated.

:)

2. [SOLVED] Missing network protocol windows 10

Are you running Avast? I had similar problems and problem was resolved when Avast was removed

missing network protocols in windows 10, Oct 15, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Defender won't update automattically or manually ;error code Ox80240022 missing system file,or incorrect,or a problem with a registry file HELP !!

Windows 10: defender will not update manually or automatically : Error code Ox80240022, missing system file or incorrect system setting, or a problem with a registry key. I have re-installed Windows 10, without complete file wipeout (twice), removed my
    McAfee protection and some updates loaded , but Defender will not update. Please advise and help.

George Parks, Oct 15, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Did you open Settings and checked as on Attachment below, if you have already.....Uninstalling Avast should reinstall Defender.

dencal, Oct 16, 2016
  5. alim Win User
    I have tried uninstalling AVAST it did not bring Windows Defender back,I actually installed AVAST because Windows defender is lost, I have attached snap shots of the settings to show that windows Defender is missing in the group policy editor that is why it is not turning on.
    I appreciate your further help to see if I can solve this issue.
    Thank you
    Windows defender is missing in my windows 10 [​IMG]

6. Bree New Member
    As you said in the first post...
    ...I'm wondering how you managed to open Group Policy on the Home edition when it's supposed to be restricted to Pro and above. Maybe that's why it is missing bits? Or maybe you're looking in the wrong place. In this Tutorial...
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...a.html#option1
    ...it's shown on the Standard tab, not the Extended one shown in your screenshot. Failing that, Option 2 is the regedit way for all editions.

7. alim Win User
    I have added the regedit.msc option in windows 10 home by installing it, it was available from website, otherwise it was not possible.in the group policy you have to extend windows components to look for Windows Defender folder in order to configure it, but as you see this folder is missing, I have always updated my windows to recent build but windows defender never return, it was available when I updated my Windows 7 home to Windows 10 Home free but after sometime it was crashed or damaged by virus since then I could not get it back to work, it is also not possible to reinstall it in windows 10 as I have downloaded the installation files but it could not install , the installation says windows defender is included in windows 10 and asked to close installation, so I am looking for help to solve this issue, if you have same version of windows 10 home .
    Thanks

8. Bree New Member

According to @Brink (and who am I do disagree)...
    ...perhaps your doing so is the root cause of your problems.

9. alim Win User
    The gpedit.msc is file that can be installed in pervious versions of windows, and can be uninstalled easy same way, may be can be used as portable file from USB stick, it just edit the group policy and expects to do no harm, I have added it and removed it later.
    I am not sure if Windows 10 Home edition why is lacking this gpsedit.msc? it should be there as it is needed to enable or disable some programs, any way to get help from Microsoft?

alim, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows defender is missing in my windows 10 - Similar Threads - defender missing

2. Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece: My Asus VivoBook is having problems. When nothing is running, the device's fan continues to run. I have tried to do some research and have found that my device is missing one of the tasks in task scheduler, the scheduled scan. I have done: SFC /SCANNOW, DISM ScanHealth,...
  3. Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece: My Asus VivoBook is having problems. When nothing is running, the device's fan continues to run. I have tried to do some research and have found that my device is missing one of the tasks in task scheduler, the scheduled scan. I have done: SFC /SCANNOW, DISM ScanHealth,...
  4. Windows defender is missing apps and browser control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender is missing apps and browser control: Hi, I recently reset my PC and I have noticed that apps and browser control is missing from Windows Defender. I tried to select it in Privacy and Security in settings but when I do it doesn't load.I also noticed when I uninstalled my third part antivirus software the virus...
  5. Windows defender is missing apps and browser control

Windows defender is missing apps and browser control: Hi, I recently reset my PC and I have noticed that apps and browser control is missing from Windows Defender. I tried to select it in Privacy and Security in settings but when I do it doesn't load.I also noticed when I uninstalled my third part antivirus software the virus...
  6. MsMpEng.exe are missing. how to redownload for open defender virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MsMpEng.exe are missing. how to redownload for open defender virus: i deleted MsMpEng.exe and it missing. how to redownload for open defender virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msmpengexe-are-missing-how-to-redownload-for-open/6b41ff77-0c5b-4985-9bf6-1ca795878f97
  7. MsMpEng.exe are missing. how to redownload for open defender virus

MsMpEng.exe are missing. how to redownload for open defender virus: i deleted MsMpEng.exe and it missing. how to redownload for open defender virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msmpengexe-are-missing-how-to-redownload-for-open/6b41ff77-0c5b-4985-9bf6-1ca795878f97
  8. defender scan option missing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    defender scan option missing in windows 11: How to get back the scan options in windows 11. Been to community all that is there is a lot of people with their own solutions which none work. Need a solution from microsft and the steps to take to fix this problem....
  9. defender scan option missing in windows 11

defender scan option missing in windows 11: How to get back the scan options in windows 11. Been to community all that is there is a lot of people with their own solutions which none work. Need a solution from microsft and the steps to take to fix this problem....
  10. How can I guarantee Windows defender is working optimally, recover missing files and...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I guarantee Windows defender is working optimally, recover missing files and...: I performed a full system Windows 10 scan using Windows defender and Windows defender detected some malware. I tried to view the report of the list of malware found and Windows defender application keeps closing unexpectedly, and keeps doing same each time I try to view the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender link missing

2. windows defender missing

3. windows defender missing windows 10

4. windows 10 defender missing,
  5. windows defender missing from windows 10,
  6. windows defender is gone,
  7. windows defender antivirus missing,
  8. windows defender is missing windows 10,
  9. windows defender gone,
  10. windows defender is missing in settings only windows security is present,
  11. windows defender is missing while searching,