Windows 10: Windows Defender Keeps Turning Itself Off

Discus and support Windows Defender Keeps Turning Itself Off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have to turn Windows Defender back on every day. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem? I have Windows 10 (automatically updated) and no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JMFJMFJMFJMF, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Windows Defender Keeps Turning Itself Off

I have to turn Windows Defender back on every day. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem? I have Windows 10 (automatically updated) and no other virus protection software installed.

:)

JMFJMFJMFJMF, Jul 13, 2018

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Ahmed,

Since you're not able to turn on Windows Defender as well, we'd like to know if you have made any changes recently prior to this issue. In the meantime, you may follow the steps below on how to turn on Windows Defender manually:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.
    Same thing with the other members who are having the same issue, we suggest that you check if the service was setup to
    Automatic in the Services option. Please follow the steps that we've provided last
    September 3, 2017.

Let us know how if you were able to turn it on properly by changing the Startup type to Automatic.

Eileen Gal, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Borg 386 Win User
    windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Windows Defender Keeps Turning Itself Off

windows defender turned off.....................

@atramsuraj: You can
    read this post
    and follow the given steps to re-enable your Windows Defender. And, by the way:

• What OS are you running?
    • Are you also using 3rd-party security program? If so, please consider disabling it, as some could turn off Windows Defender automatically.

nofoistapp, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Keeps Turning Itself Off

1. Windows Defender Keeps Turning Itself Off - Similar Threads - Defender Keeps Turning

2. Touchpad keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad keeps turning itself off.: Every time I restart my computer I have to go to settings and re-enable my touchpad because for some reason it keeps turning off automatically. This issue started very randomly a few days ago and I'm not sure what I should do other than keep turning it back on constantly. How...
  3. Windows Smartscreen Defender turning itself off!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Smartscreen Defender turning itself off!?: I don't know if i have a extreme weak memory but im pretty sure the option in app & browser control about windows smartscreen defender checking apps and files not recognized by the web was on some moments ago and from nowhere it turned itself off, so i have to go and enable...
  4. Screensaver keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver keeps turning itself off.: I don't like having to turn off my monitor. My screensaver is turning off for some reason. Can I get some help? Windows version 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.959 160954
  5. Windows defender automatically turns itself off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender automatically turns itself off: Hello, my store app crashed after updating apps and I couldn't fix it for a day, whenever i tried to re sign it using powershell it said my firewall was off, I checked to see that no matter what I did, I couldn't turn it on so I decided to reset my pc, but after a couple of...
  6. Defender turned itself off

Defender turned itself off: Split from this thread. Windows defender for windows 8.1 has turned off on my computer and I can not figure out how to turn it back on? It all started when Windows defender showed red then switched to turned off....
  7. Screensaver keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver keeps turning itself off.: I don't like having to turn off my monitor. My screensaver is turning off for some reason. Can I get some help? Windows version 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.959 160954
  8. Hotstop keeps turning itself off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hotstop keeps turning itself off: Hello, i have an add-in network card that provides Bluetooth and Wi-Fi broadcasting to my desktop PC. My problem is that the hotstop keeps turning itself off, plus i found no way to turn it on automatically whenever i log into my PC AND no way to keep it on permanently. I'm...
  9. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps turning itself on and off: I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM. * Moved from MSN?Accounts...
  10. Windows Defender inexplicitly turns itself off

Windows Defender inexplicitly turns itself off: Windows Defemder will intermittently fail to start after my HP laptop awakes from sleep mode. This does not occur every time. When it does occur, I get a message that Windows Defender is turned off and I need to turn it on again. When I attempt to turn it on, it eventually...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender turning off by itself

2. windows defender turns off by itself

3. windows defender keeps turning off

4. windows defender keeps turning itself off,
  5. windows defender keeps stopping in win 7,
  6. why does windows defender keep turning off,
  7. windows defender virus protection turns off by itself,
  8. windows defender keeps turning off by itself,
  9. windows defender turns itself off,
  10. win 7 turning off defender by itself,
  11. windows defender virus keeps switching off,