Windows 10: Windows Defender Not Showing In Tray

Discus and support Windows Defender Not Showing In Tray in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Everytime i restart or power on my computer i always have to manually show windows defender on my system tray icons, how do i turn it on so it's always... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by grimmrace, Aug 1, 2015.

1. grimmrace Win User

Windows Defender Not Showing In Tray

Everytime i restart or power on my computer i always have to manually show windows defender on my system tray icons, how do i turn it on so it's always there?

:)

grimmrace, Aug 1, 2015

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER IN SYSTEM TRAY

Yes, I have done that part already. However, it will only show the Defender in the system tray after I actually go to the Defender & click on it. It does not show the Defender in the system when I start up my computer right away, as the Windows Essentials
    did in Windows 7. I did not have to actually click on that to have it show in the system tray & show that it was on & working. With Defender it seems I still have to manually click on it for it to show in the system tray.

PEGGYBIEBL, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Win 10 Windows Defender not showing in tray icon

I just upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 64bit Now there is no Windows Defender tray Icon showing. If I go to and manually turn it on it shows up until I restart computer.

Any suggestions

John and Chris G., Aug 1, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

So I presume that are right clicking the taskbar, clicking Properties, clicking the Customize button in the properties which opens PC Settings, and then click on "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" and slide Windows Defender's slider to the on position but it keeps resetting?

5. grimmrace Win User
    It resets after a restart.

Running Windows 10: Home

grimmrace, Aug 1, 2015
  6. YOU
    You Win User
  7. ambimom Win User
    Windows Defender is built into Windows 10. Under settings it can be found under update and security. If you click on it, the icon will automatically show in your taskbar, then lock the taskbar and it should stay.

ambimom, Aug 2, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 2, 2015
  9. Thanks Brink... that did it for me. I clicked on the download...checked the hidden icons, and there it was.

ventanasguy, Aug 2, 2015
  10. nkienitz Win User
    Brink,

Seems (for me anyway) that running the file to 'show' the Defender icon in the Task Bar/Tray makes it 'hide'. I've been looking at the actual text of the change registry keys and the one labeled to "show" the icon has " -hide" as the last item.

I'm confused, but then my gray hair indicates that it might be easier for the older fellow to get confused more easily.

Cheers,

Nolan K.

nkienitz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Not Showing In Tray - Similar Threads - Defender Showing Tray

2. Windows Defender tray icon not showing status.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender tray icon not showing status.: One problem with my Windows Security is the system tray, every time I move my cursor or right-click on it, it doesn't do anything, but can still open it. So how to fix it? Is it necessary to reset? Here's the one when it tries to show the description....
  3. Windows Defender tray icon not showing status.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender tray icon not showing status.: One problem with my Windows Security is the system tray, every time I move my cursor or right-click on it, it doesn't do anything, but can still open it. So how to fix it? Is it necessary to reset? Here's the one when it tries to show the description....
  4. Windows Defender System Tray Icon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender System Tray Icon: Currently, I have the Windows Defender System Tray icon with an exclamation point on it --- When I open the program to see what actions are needed, there are none to be acted upon --- So I should get the green checkmark when I restart, but still, the exclamation point is...
  5. Windows Defender on the Icon Tray

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender on the Icon Tray: I know this may be a silly question, but my Windows Defender Icon in my system tray alerted me of a possible "Action Needed" warning... When I open it up, there are NO actions needed on any of the parameters specified ... In other words, instead of a Green OK symbol on the...
  6. Defender tray icon showing yellow triangle?

Defender tray icon showing yellow triangle?: Windows Defender is showing a yellow triangle on the tray icon, even though it is fully updated? The Security Centre home page shows all settings green ticked, and the only problem I find is on the "Apps & browser control" page, where the first item "Check apps and files" has...
  7. Windows Defender Tray Icon

Windows Defender Tray Icon: Having just updated Windows to version 1709 16299.19 the Icon for Defender is no longer there. Checked notifications and defender is not even listed. In Task Manager start up there is just the word Windows and not defender ( see pic). So this new version of windows has...
  8. Windows Defender in System Tray

Windows Defender in System Tray: After the update on 9/30, I noticed that the Windows Defender icon now appears in the system tray. [img] Has this happened to everyone? What's the point of it? 24713
  9. Window Defender in System Tray

Window Defender in System Tray: I have recently switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Under 7, Security Essentials appears in the System Tray but not under Windows 10. Is this the way it is supposed to be?. I have put it in the Taskbar but miss it in the System Tray. Thank you. 16778
  10. Windows 10 tray is not showing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 tray is not showing?: Hello evrybody i need help my tray icon is not showing up and I need it becuse my taskbar is getting full and i need to know how to enable tray icon i have a screenshot of it [img] can somebody say how to enable it/fix it? 87541

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender not showing in tray

2. windows defender not in tray

3. windows defender icon not showing

4. windows defender icon not in system tray,
  5. windows defender not showing under windows security,
  6. defender not showing up in tray,
  7. windows defender not visible,
  8. windows defender is not showing ,
  9. win defender not in tray,
  10. why doesnt windows defender icon shows up,
  11. windows defender notification icon not showing,