Windows 10: Windows Defender notification icon activity is always started twice

Discus and support Windows Defender notification icon activity is always started twice in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I have Windows 10 v1709 Enterprise 64 bit and I noticed that if, after logging in, I display the Start tab in Task Management, the Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by balubeto, Dec 10, 2017.

1. balubeto Win User

Windows Defender notification icon activity is always started twice

Hi

I have Windows 10 v1709 Enterprise 64 bit and I noticed that if, after logging in, I display the Start tab in Task Management, the Windows Defender notification icon activity is always started twice. Why?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Dec 10, 2017

2. Stop store games opening in full screen?

The culprit was "Windows Defender notification icon" which actually appears twice in the Task Manager Start-up display despite the fact that I have de-activated Windows Defender.

I have disabled both entries and that has solved the problem.

Hairy Scot, Dec 10, 2017
  3. BarışK Win User
    Windows Defender not shown in Tray

Hi,

I did a clean install and noticed that Windows Defender is not shown in the tray. However, "Always show all icons in notification area" is active. When I start Windows Defender by hand then it stays in the Tray untill the next reboot. Is this behaviour normal?

Regards,

Baris

BarışK, Dec 10, 2017
Thema:

Windows Defender notification icon activity is always started twice

1. Windows Defender notification icon activity is always started twice - Similar Threads - Defender notification icon

2. Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?: I noticed that my Windows Defender Security Icon is missing from the system tray on the taskbar for the past few months. Havent installed any other antivirus. What Ive checked:Task manager startup: Windows Defender Security Notification Icon enabledTaskbar "choose what icons...
  3. Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?: I noticed that my Windows Defender Security Icon is missing from the system tray on the taskbar for the past few months. Havent installed any other antivirus. What Ive checked:Task manager startup: Windows Defender Security Notification Icon enabledTaskbar "choose what icons...
  4. Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?: I noticed that my Windows Defender Security Icon is missing from the system tray on the taskbar for the past few months. Havent installed any other antivirus. What Ive checked:Task manager startup: enabledTaskbar "choose what icons appear": Windows defender security...
  5. Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?: I noticed that my Windows Defender Security Icon is missing from the system tray on the taskbar for the past few months. Havent installed any other antivirus. What Ive checked:Task manager startup: enabledTaskbar "choose what icons appear": Windows defender security...
  6. windows defender different notification icons

windows defender different notification icons: i have always seen the windows defender shield icon when i download stuff that i know isn't malware but today i tried to download something and it gave me a defender notification that looked like a pit bull in front of a laptop and i cant find anything about it i remember...
  7. Active Defender icon in notification tray?

Active Defender icon in notification tray?: There IS NO Tools menu anywhere. Does anyone know how to set Windows Defender to display its icon in the notification tray? Having a static shortcut icon in the taskbar accomplishes nothing....
  8. Windows Defender always active?

Windows Defender always active?: How can I deactivate Win Defender for good? I use Avira, but sometimes I get "Win Def needs attention" or such. How can I tell my PC that I use a different scanner?...
  9. Windows Defender notification area icon

Windows Defender notification area icon: I like to see the Windows Defender notification area icon, so I've set my PC to show that item. However, is there a way to turn off the exclamation point item in that icon that says I haven't run a scan in a while? My last scan was 4 days ago and I don't want to be hounded to...
  10. Losing 'always display' notification icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing 'always display' notification icons: Whenever something refreshes my taskbar (seems to happen a lot with 10) I lose the icons I have set to 'always display', the only way to get them back is to stop and start the programs or restart Windows - flipping the switches has no effect!!! Any ideas how to fix? If MS...