Windows 10: Windows Defender or Malwarebytes Pro ?

Discus and support Windows Defender or Malwarebytes Pro ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In Windows7 I ran both at same time with no problems,can this be done in Windows10? If not what is the best one to use? 29191 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by zplugger, Nov 8, 2015.

1. zplugger Win User

Windows Defender or Malwarebytes Pro ?

In Windows7 I ran both at same time with no problems,can this be done in Windows10? If not what is the best one to use?

:)

zplugger, Nov 8, 2015
  2. John582n Win User

Do Windows 10 Home or Professional Defender/AVG Free/MalwareBytes Free Conflict?

Defender gives good basic protection.

Yes Malwarebytes antimalware free (or better pro) will operate concurrently with Defender.

John582n, Nov 8, 2015
  3. Malwarebytes

If you install Malwarebytes Pro then it will be treated as the primary antivirus though you can set Windows Defender to still do scans. So I do not recommend fully installing MBAM - Pro. Check with Malwarebytes Support and Forums to set it up for leaving
    Windows Defender as the primary antivirus and/or to use MBAM - Pro only as an on-demand scanner.

For Malwarebytes Free I would disable it loading at Startup and use it as an on demand scanner only - this is what I do.

Windows Defender in 1709 has a lot of new anti-exploit and folder protection features as well as superior compatibility so I recommend that you use it as your primary antivirus.

The Windows Defender Security Center app <-- be sure to check all the options on the left panel of this page to find out all about WD in 1709

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/threat...

Please let us know if we can offer further assistance for your concerns.

SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 8, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello zplugger, *Smile

Yes, you can have both Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Pro (premium) running at the same time without issue in Windows 10.

Brink, Nov 8, 2015
  5. badrobot Win User
    What Brink said. You can also use SuperAntispyware with Malwarebytes and Defender and you are still ok. Just don't use a third party AV. It usually causes issues. It will work okay after installation. But when updates arrive, that's when issues start to come out.

badrobot, Nov 8, 2015
  6. zplugger Win User
    Just can't get Denfender turn on, all greyed out. Something about group policy?

Error code:0x80070005

zplugger, Nov 8, 2015
  7. badrobot Win User
    Did you install any 3rd party AV yet?

badrobot, Nov 8, 2015
  8. Windows Defender or Malwarebytes Pro ?

They are not the same.

Defender (in Win10) is an anti-virus.
    MBAM is anti-malware. MBAM Premium is designed to run alongside an anti-virus, to provide layered protection against certain zero-hour and zero-day threats often missed by the anti-virus programs.
    But it is NOT a substitute for an anti-virus. It will run alongside any of the popular AVs, either free or paid.

So, to specifically answer your question, you can run both.
    Even if you do choose to run MBAM Premium you will an an AV, either Windows Defender or another option.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 8, 2015
  9. zplugger Win User
    Can I reinstall this,something is wrong.Must be a way to repair?

Windows Defender or Malwarebytes Pro ? [​IMG]

zplugger, Nov 8, 2015
  10. Do you have another AV installed and running?

garydexter, Nov 8, 2015
  11. zplugger Win User
    no, was running Malwarebytes Pro but its shut off now

zplugger, Nov 8, 2015
  12. Have you ever had another AV or Security Suite installed on that machine?

garydexter, Nov 8, 2015
  13. simrick Win User

simrick, Nov 8, 2015
  14. zplugger Win User
    running now its at 85%

zplugger, Nov 8, 2015
  15. simrick Win User
    Okay. If it says "found files and can't fix" or even "found files and fixed them" please run it again. You want the results "no integrity violations found". Be sure to reboot after each run, and turn off Fast Startup, so you get good, clean boots.

simrick, Nov 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows Defender or Malwarebytes Pro ? - Similar Threads - Defender Malwarebytes Pro

2. Malwarebytes not detected by Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malwarebytes not detected by Windows Defender: I have Malwarebytes installed but windows defender doesn't detect it and go into Periodic Scanning like it always has done, It just stays like it normally is, Like Above Current Threats its Suppose to List Malwarebytes but its just blank, With Malwarebytes I have the Windows...
  3. Defender and Malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender and Malwarebytes: Can Defender and Malwarebytes run together? Do I have to disable one to use the other? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-and-malwarebytes/f5875915-752c-4803-b761-cd49242dc225
  4. Malwarebytes Pro and Windows Defender

Malwarebytes Pro and Windows Defender: Hi there I always used Windows Defender and no other antivirus for ages and never had problems. However, to perform a short scan for Malwares on my PC I bought the pro version of Malwarebytes Pro I would like to know if keeping it installed but keeping it "not active" I...
  5. Windows Defender and Malwarebytes

Windows Defender and Malwarebytes: What should I do if I use Malwarebytes with Windows Defender ? [Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-and-malwarebytes/2f649ff1-9d93-48c7-97ab-680c114c3e62
  6. windows defender+malwarebytes??

windows defender+malwarebytes??: what happen if i install malwarebytes while using windows defender ? will this two is enough for my device against malware and viruses https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defendermalwarebytes/f5ef60b1-adb1-4dd6-8244-a3bb0cf69bbc"
  7. Is Windows defender and Malwarebytes pro enough? (Win10)

Is Windows defender and Malwarebytes pro enough? (Win10): I'm just curious if Malwarebytes coupled with Windows defender is enough. I would like to add I use the internet quite a bit so I would like solid protection. I know windows defender doesn't have the BEST detection rate but I would hope Malwarebytes could pickup whatever...
  8. Malwarebytes & Windows defender?

Malwarebytes & Windows defender?: Hello hello, New win 10 user here and need to ask a question. I had defender running, I installed Malwarebytes (paid) and defender has shut itself down I think? No matter what I do I can not start it up. And I keep getting notifications to install an AV program or enable...
  9. Windows Defender or Malwarebytes

Windows Defender or Malwarebytes: I have Windows 10 and have used the free Malwarebytes for quite sometime. However, I've read where Windows Defender does a pretty good job. I suppose it's all a matter of opinion but I'm thinking of removing Malwarebytes and just using Defender. Or do you think that's a bad...
  10. Malwarebytes and windows defender

Malwarebytes and windows defender: Glad to hear it. Please click the "Solved" box at the bottom of the thread. It will help other users that might come across the same issue.