Windows 10: Windows Defender Problem

Discus and support Windows Defender Problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting notifications from Windows Defender Security Center - Virus and Threat Protection asking me to review files that Windows Defender will... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JeffL, Jan 12, 2018.

1. JeffL Win User

Windows Defender Problem

I keep getting notifications from Windows Defender Security Center - Virus and Threat Protection asking me to review files that Windows Defender will send to Microsoft. Here's what I see when I click on Review. How do I stop this, it's coming up every few seconds now.

Windows Defender Problem [​IMG]

:)

JeffL, Jan 12, 2018
  2. ramdapa Win User

can''t updated the windows defender

I don't no what is the problem for windows defender....the windows defender is could not updated....please solve my problem

ramdapa, Jan 12, 2018
  3. JLangille Win User
    Norton - Windows Defender Conflict

Hello,

Every month or so, Windows Defender will activate and Norton will deactivate. Virus protection and Spyware and unwanted software protection will be covered by Windows Defender. I tried turning off Windows Defender and turn on Norton (in Security and Maintenance in
    Control Panel) , but it won't let me and I tried to end the process tree of Windows Defender thru Task Manager (End process tree when right click on any Windows Defender process in Details), but it didn't work. Eventually, Windows Defender will deactivate
    and Norton will activate.

I don't know if this is a Norton problem or a Windows problem, but it bothers me every time it happens. I prefer to use Norton. Is this normal? Is there a problem with Windows Defender? Is there a way to deactivate Windows Defender permanently?

Thanks

JLangille, Jan 12, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Windows Defender Problem

Defender can send suspicious file samples to the cloud for further analysis. There are settings in Defender to automatically submit samples, and to enable cloud protection. With both enabled, this turns on Defender's 'Block at First Sight' feature, which can detect and block unknown threats which are not yet in the threat definitions.

Enable Windows Defender Block at First Sight in Windows 10

It looks like you have 'Automatic submission' turned off in Defender. It also seems you have suspicious activity on your PC that Defender would like to submit. It seems to be asking your permission because automatic submission is off.

You stop this by letting Defender do its job of protecting you - either by letting it submit these samples this one time, or (preferably) turning on cloud protection and automatic sample submission. You have something suspicious going on. For your own protection you need to get to the bottom of it ASAP, not try to make the messages go away.

5. JeffL Win User
    Both those settings are currently on. When the problem started a couple of weeks ago, I did turn off the automatic sample submission, but then i noticed that I had it turned on on my other computer, so I turned it back on on my desktop. The only thing I have turned off now is the WD Antivirus notification. I thought that would let WD do its job and not bother me. BTW, it hasn't notified me again since I first posted.

JeffL, Jan 12, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    Yes, that would let it get on with its work it quietly. I have that turned off too and get no notifications.

7. JeffL Win User
    I was away from the computer for a while. When I got back, there were 3 more that look like this:

JeffL, Jan 13, 2018
  8. JeffL Win User

Windows Defender Problem

And another 3:

JeffL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Problem

1. Windows Defender Problem - Similar Threads - Defender Problem

2. Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender: I'e used McAfee antivirus for many years. Currently I'm using the Total Protection version in Windows 11, but it has the annoying habit of popping up unwanted ads for McAfee products that I don't want with no way to shut them off, so I want to replace it with Windows...
  3. Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender: I'e used McAfee antivirus for many years. Currently I'm using the Total Protection version in Windows 11, but it has the annoying habit of popping up unwanted ads for McAfee products that I don't want with no way to shut them off, so I want to replace it with Windows...
  4. MS Defender video problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Defender video problem: When running MS Defender Offline Scan the video is badly distored and only bliinks on for about a second, then the screen goes blank for several seconds, then it repeats distorted video - no video-.distorted video - no video-etc. This only happens with Offline scans all...
  5. MS Defender video problem

MS Defender video problem: When running MS Defender Offline Scan the video is badly distored and only bliinks on for about a second, then the screen goes blank for several seconds, then it repeats distorted video - no video-.distorted video - no video-etc. This only happens with Offline scans all...
  6. Windows defender update creates problem with keyboard HUAWEI few keys didn’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender update creates problem with keyboard HUAWEI few keys didn’t work: Windows defender update creates problem with keyboard HUAWEI few keys didn’t work, but all is ok in safe mode. I tried to delete/reinstall drivers, used troubleshooting, nothing changed. I reinstalled windows a few times, but the system after reinstalling windows updated and...
  7. Windows defender update creates problem with keyboard HUAWEI few keys didn’t work

Windows defender update creates problem with keyboard HUAWEI few keys didn’t work: Windows defender update creates problem with keyboard HUAWEI few keys didn’t work, but all is ok in safe mode. I tried to delete/reinstall drivers, used troubleshooting, nothing changed. I reinstalled windows a few times, but the system after reinstalling windows updated and...
  8. Windows defender update creates problem with keyboard HUAWEI few keys didn’t work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows defender problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender problem: i try to go into virus and threats on Privacy and Security but that message show up everytime the prompts what i found and type into cmd not worked even if i run into administraton, can someone help me?...
  10. Windows defender problem

Windows defender problem: i try to go into virus and threats on Privacy and Security but that message show up everytime the prompts what i found and type into cmd not worked even if i run into administraton, can someone help me?...