Windows 10: Windows Defender PUA/PUP protection is too picky

Discus and support Windows Defender PUA/PUP protection is too picky in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today WD deleted Wagnard's DDU saying it was a non safe application. I had to run the GUI interface to be able to recover it from quarantine. How... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by eLPuSHeR, Mar 27, 2018.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

Windows Defender PUA/PUP protection is too picky

Today WD deleted Wagnard's DDU saying it was a non safe application. I had to run the GUI interface to be able to recover it from quarantine.

How could inform MS that this is a false positive?

:)

eLPuSHeR, Mar 27, 2018
  2. PA Bear - MS MVP, Mar 27, 2018
  3. Does Windows 10 Defender protect against junk and spam email?

Does Defender filter/scan your incoming mail? No.

Does Defender check for possible malware when you open an email or click on a link in an email or open an attachment? Yes, if all is well with your computer and especially if you're running Win10 Version 1607 & have enabled the PUA/PUP/adware option =>

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/defender-enable-pua-pup-adware-protection/

PA Bear - MS MVP, Mar 27, 2018
  4. dencal Win User

Through Feedback Hub.

dencal, Mar 27, 2018
  5. CountMike New Member
    DDU is fine here, I just updated to last version.

CountMike, Mar 28, 2018
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Thanks. I would not be surprised if WD was not doing this after an update.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender PUA/PUP protection is too picky - Similar Threads - Defender PUA PUP

2. how i manage to delete pup or pua threat ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how i manage to delete pup or pua threat ?: hope this finds and helps you. i've research and research, found many answers, non that could help me. but in beetwen the lines i manage to do something that helps remove pua or pup threat and defender can't find it anymore. so this being said let's go to workfirst: go to C:...
  3. how i manage to delete pup or pua threat ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how i manage to delete pup or pua threat ?: hope this finds and helps you. i've research and research, found many answers, non that could help me. but in beetwen the lines i manage to do something that helps remove pua or pup threat and defender can't find it anymore. so this being said let's go to workfirst: go to C:...
  4. Windows defender found PUA

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender found PUA: A weird question but anyway I have F-secure installed. I know that Windows Defender does not work with F-secure. But I did a full scan of my computer with Windows Defender because I got a blue screen earlier and wanted to do a scan with another program too just in...
  5. Windows Defender PUA Protection

Windows Defender PUA Protection: Some Reason can't get our 2nd Desktop PC to keep on with Windows Defender Pua Protection, Avast was removed with Wise Uninstaller, rebooted system, used Avast clear in safe mode as additional step, then ran ConfigureDefenderx64 to configure Defender, made sure enabled Pua...
  6. Windows Defender blocking PUA?

Windows Defender blocking PUA?: Few questions about blocking PUA in Windows Defender. I enabled the prevention or blocking of PUAs and would like to ask how intrusive the notifications are? Are there a lot of false positives? I only download and install apps which I really need, no Java installed and...
  7. PUPs protection

PUPs protection: I went to Power Shell and went through the procedure of setting up PUPs protection how do I tell if I have done this correctly and its up and running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pups-protection/70d92818-3439-4684-a535-146b079abd9f
  8. Why AdWare protection , PUA ,and PUP protection are not enabled by default in windows...

Why AdWare protection , PUA ,and PUP protection are not enabled by default in windows...: I recently saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXALM70DfGI ( from britec09) , and he showed us in this video how to enable these protections , and now , why these protections are not enabled by default ? WD is a good antivirus , and i've hever had problems with it...
  9. Windows Defender PUA feature?

Windows Defender PUA feature?: WD has this new feature called PUA. Is this for domain environments or can this be done on a standalone Win10 Enterprise? Or is this needed on a standalone system? I know it has to be enabled in the registry. If enabled, how will this effect the use of a machine? Will...
  10. Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10 The Potentially Unwanted Applications (PUA) protection feature in Windows Defender Antivirus can identify and block PUAs from...