Windows 10: Windows Defender question

Discus and support Windows Defender question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is it OK if I have ONLY the Real Time protection turned ON in Windows 10? Do I really need to have Cloud Based Protection enabled? thank you 66701 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by win10freak, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Windows Defender question

Is it OK if I have ONLY the Real Time protection turned ON in Windows 10?

Do I really need to have Cloud Based Protection enabled?

thank you

:)

win10freak, Oct 11, 2016

2. Window defender question

When Windows Defender quarantines software, it moves it to another location on your computer, and then prevents the software from running
    until you choose to restore it or remove it from your computer.

To remove or restore quarantined items

1. Open Windows Defender by clicking the Start button, clicking
    All Programs
    , and then clicking Windows Defender.

2. Click Tools, and then click Quarantined items.

3. Review each item, and then for each, click Remove or
    Restore
    . If you want to remove all quarantined items from your computer, click
    Remove All.

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Oct 11, 2016
  3. GH147 Win User
    Windows Defender Question

I was the unfortunate recipient of an email containing RSA-2048. In order to prevent receiving this nasty piece from happening again, does Window Defender have programming that will detect it? I have the latest update version of Windows 10.

GH147, Oct 11, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Windows Defender question

Cloud based protection gives you a few hours head start over the local 'definitions-based' protection (or a few days if your definitions aren't completely up to date, Defender will warn you if your definitions are more than a few days old).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...ndows-defender

It's your choice if you wish to use it. You will be submitting information to Microsoft, so there's 'privacy' issues to consider. New detections will be in the next definitions update, so I leave mine turned off.

5. Ok, then I guess I will leave only the real time protection enabled.

Thanks

win10freak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender question

1. Windows Defender question - Similar Threads - Defender question

2. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  3. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  4. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question: How do i turn off microsoft defender? I'm using Malwarebytes Premium with real protection turned on.i'm using windows 10 22h2 with all latest windows updates installed and all latest drivers installed...
  6. Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question

Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question: How do i turn off microsoft defender? I'm using Malwarebytes Premium with real protection turned on.i'm using windows 10 22h2 with all latest windows updates installed and all latest drivers installed...
  7. Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Microsoft defender question. When you get a message in Defender " filtered spam," does the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft defender question. When you get a message in Defender " filtered spam," does the...: Microsoft defender question. When you get a message in Defender " filetered spam," does the message or fax get delivered to the end user, or does it hold it?* Moved from Community Center...
  9. Microsoft defender question. When you get a message in Defender " filtered spam," does the...

Microsoft defender question. When you get a message in Defender " filtered spam," does the...: Microsoft defender question. When you get a message in Defender " filetered spam," does the message or fax get delivered to the end user, or does it hold it?* Moved from Community Center...
  10. microsoft defender question. What is the difference in Defender between delivery resolved?

microsoft defender question. What is the difference in Defender between delivery resolved?: Microsoft Defender question. What is the difference in Defender between delivery resolved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-question-what-is-the-difference/b5406c67-be31-42d0-9be8-0a0cb308415f