Windows 10: Windows Defender refuses to scan inside exe file on one win10 box?

Discus and support Windows Defender refuses to scan inside exe file on one win10 box? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've got two Win10-64 boxes running 'Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 and the latest KB4056892 2018-01 cumulative update for windows 10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by win10Wannabe, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Windows Defender refuses to scan inside exe file on one win10 box?

I've got two Win10-64 boxes running 'Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 and the latest KB4056892 2018-01 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1709 x64-based systems.

With one box, I can right click on the latest firefox 64 bit exe installer and can 'scan with windows defender' and it will scan 598 files. On the other, the scan of the same file shows '1 files scanned'?

I just can't figure this out? How can I resolve this? It makes me question whether Windows defender is working at all?

:)

win10Wannabe, Jan 4, 2018
  2. Slick8791 Win User

Windows Defender Deleted My Steam and games

Similar issue with a clean install of Win10 Home with 1703 update. When I was downloading my games from Steam, Defender said that one of the .exe files was a Trojan: Win32:Trojan-gen

I uninstalled the game inside the Steam client and downloaded it again with no issues from Defender...very strange behavior.

Slick8791, Jan 4, 2018
  3. Win 10 is preventing me from installing Apple iTunes

First it was refusing to run the install exe because it didn't know/trust the publisher.

After disabling all Defender options inc. smartscreen, I got an error saying Win10 can't install & check with the publisher.

Bob C Cock, Jan 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender refuses to scan inside exe file on one win10 box?

1. Windows Defender refuses to scan inside exe file on one win10 box? - Similar Threads - Defender refuses scan

2. Windows Defender scanning an excluded file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender scanning an excluded file: Hi Having Windows Defender running on a server 2016.Excluded a folder: s:\database\application\dataVerified in the logfile C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Supportthe exclusion:2021-07-22T00:22:08.983Z [Exclusion] s:\database\application\data ->...
  3. Win10 Windows Defender bogus scan alert

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Windows Defender bogus scan alert: [ATTACH] How do I get rid of this alert? There is no such app currently installed, I uninstalled it on February 11 when this notice first popped up. And I've even gone into the listed paths and deleted the uTorrent folders. I've also scanned my Registry for any references...
  4. Scanning Jar file with Windows Defender

Scanning Jar file with Windows Defender: Can windows defender scan Jar files and tell me if they have malicious intents. I downloaded some safe jar files as mods for some of my game , but now I do wonder if there could be some kind of hidden virus windows defender cannot handle. [Original Title: Windows Defender]...
  5. Certain .exe files refuse to start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain .exe files refuse to start: I have a problem where certain, not all .exe files refuse to boot. What happens is I start them up and then nothing happens. When I check in task manager, the process is there for a couple of seconds and then disappears. This doesn't happen with all .exe files, as many still...
  6. Computer refuses to open .exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer refuses to open .exe files: Out of nowhere my computer has stopped opening .exe files and instead a pop up appears reading (file name)-Bad Image C:\Windows\System32\msdmo.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. I first noticed this when trying to open the Ubisoft game...
  7. Scan Single File with Windows Defender

Scan Single File with Windows Defender: Windows support information states that to scan a single file or folder to <rightclick> the item in file explorer and select "scan" In win8.1 there is no "scan" option when a file or folder is <rightclicked> Any options to scan individual items? Thanks in advance,...
  8. WinXP printer share to Win10. One box yes. One box no.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WinXP printer share to Win10. One box yes. One box no.: I have acquired two Win10 laptops. Both are Win10 Pro. I wanted to use an older printer, network shared by a WinXP box. First Win10 laptop: I browsed to the WinXP using the Network broswer, and clicked on the shared printer. Everything set up fine and I was able to...
  9. copier refuses to scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    copier refuses to scan: Canon copier scanned to laptop perfectly UNTIL the latest Windows 10 update. The copier and laptop are not communicating. Can someone please tell me how to repair?????...
  10. Duplicate Windows Defender .exe Files

Duplicate Windows Defender .exe Files: In File Explorer, I navigated to MSASCui.exe (the executable for the Windows Defender user interface). After doing a search, I found FOUR MSASCui.exe files. How can this happen? Should I just ignore that there are four files?...