Windows 10: Windows Defender - Registry entry for last completed update date/time - (On Windows 10 Pro).

Discus and support Windows Defender - Registry entry for last completed update date/time - (On Windows 10 Pro). in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Evening, I have a user who has no internet access (for security reasons) and gets updates to Windows Defender supplied by the IT team by downloading... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ScarletWorld6922, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Windows Defender - Registry entry for last completed update date/time - (On Windows 10 Pro).

Evening,

I have a user who has no internet access (for security reasons) and gets updates to Windows Defender supplied by the IT team by downloading the offline updater definitions from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions. We supply this via CD.

I am currently trying to create a vbscript/scheduled task to check the status of the last completed update to Windows Defender on this users offline PC. I can't find a way to extract the data (Last completed update - date and time) from Windows Defender Security Centre under Virus and Threat Protection Updates. Previously i have used the registry to extract the update - date and time data. I've checked online via research and spoken to Microsoft IT who have pointed me here for more advice on whether this is an option for Windows Defender and if not, what other possibilities could be explored?

Basically i want to ensure the user is updating the definitions at least every 30 days and will lock the user account if the last completed update was over 30 days ago. I have completed this task before for a different AV provider and found that the registry contains a 'Last Update time' in hex format that i used some code to format in a way that can be compared to the System Date and Time and thus lock out the user account if updates haven't been completed regularly.

I've also investigated via using task scheduler with no luck.

Can anyone please assist?

Thank you.

:)

ScarletWorld6922, Aug 2, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

theres a windows 10 tweak thread started by w1zzard, i suggest keeping all the tweaks in there.

Mussels, Aug 2, 2018
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Defender - Registry entry for last completed update date/time - (On Windows 10 Pro).

What the hell, windows defender?

So, a while back I disabled windows defender via gpedit. Come to find out it's running again, and telling me my miner is a "severe" threat, despite still being disabled in gpedit. There's a few new entries related to windows defender in gpedit that didn't used to be there before. I'm guessing this happened during the big spring update. UAC keeps becoming re-enabled somehow, as well. For now I have a shitty registry key that's supposed to disable windows defender instead, hopefully it works.

Damn, Microsoft. They were pushing users to upgrade to 10 so hard, even resorting to plain trickery to get it on as many machines as possible. Now not only is it doing hardcore data mining in the background, but it's changing settings all on its own to whatever Microsoft wants. One step closer to pushing me to Ubuntu or something. I'd already be there if I didn't think it would be an arduous task learning how to computer all over again while simultaneously breaking a lot of games, which is mostly what I use this computer for...

Bill Gates needs to go back to Microsoft just so he can kick all the guys responsible for w10 squarely in the nuts. /rant

Thema:

Windows Defender - Registry entry for last completed update date/time - (On Windows 10 Pro).

1. Windows Defender - Registry entry for last completed update date/time - (On Windows 10 Pro). - Similar Threads - Defender Registry entry

2. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  3. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  4. Registry Entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Registry Entry: Does anyone know what this registry entry is? When I run McAfee Quick Clean this registry entry can never be removed, is there a reason? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab}...
  5. registry entries

registry entries: ActiveX/COM Issue LocalServer32\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe -ToastNotifier HKCR\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab} https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/registry-entries/739b6f1f-5482-41d7-98cc-c9cfc7df078c
  6. Entries in Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Entries in Registry: Hello, While making some registry editing, found 17 entries named "Sign.Media". Don't know what it is, have not any program this name. Can I remove them from the registry ? Answers will be appreciated Thanks 140198
  7. Last update in windows defender always shows the wrong time/date

Last update in windows defender always shows the wrong time/date: When I update windows defender, the last update "date/time" always shows up as 4 hours prior to my computer time (eastern Time). For instance, I updated today at 2019-06-12 7:29 PM (my computer time and my region time which is one and the same: eastern time), but Defender...
  8. Registry key for current system date and time on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry key for current system date and time on Windows 10: Hi Does anyone know what is the registry key for setting system date and time on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-key-for-current-system-date-and-time-on/cd96b48b-e638-466e-a72a-0489392cc6ad
  9. Windows Defender last run time 1999

Windows Defender last run time 1999: Hi, If I go into Task Scheduler and look at the various Windows Defender programs (cleanup, verification, etc.), they all show last runtime as 30/11/1999 and last runtime result as 0x41303. However it must be running as Antimalware Service Executable takes up 60% of my...
  10. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 upgrade deletes registry entries

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 upgrade deletes registry entries: Hello folks. In advance, I really haven't lost my marbles. Here's the deal. The org for which I work runs an application on a couple of thousand pcs. This application, when installed creates the following registry entry....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Latest Virus defination download for win defender 8.1

2. windows defender date in the registry

3. check windows defender last defination update date registry key

4. windows defender shows wrong update time,
  5. windows atp defender registry entry,
  6. registry key defender last update,
  7. windows defender last scan time registry,
  8. defender definition date registry,
  9. defender signatures last updated registry entry