Windows Defender Research

Discus and support Windows Defender Research in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; FYI I may be over reacting, but, I uninstalled "No Coin" app after reading the MS Defender Research article. I'll let you folks draw your own... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Stitch194, Aug 10, 2018 at 12:03 AM.

1. Stitch194 Win User

FYI
    I may be over reacting, but, I uninstalled "No Coin" app after reading the MS Defender Research article. I'll let you folks draw your own conclusions.

https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/mic...ses-new-risks/

:)

2. José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO Win User

window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Aug 10, 2018 at 12:05 AM
  3. Rafael Com Win User
    Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

4. Monica Cam Win User

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Thema:

1. Windows Defender Research - Similar Threads - Defender Research

2. restarting windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    restarting windows defender: My windows defender is telling me to restart it, but it won't let me. How do I restart it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/restarting-windows-defender/611dd5bf-c83a-4835-a93f-79c4fd21897e
  3. Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed

Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed: hi All, Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed when I click it, it shows a exclamation mark inside yellow triangle, but security dashboard is all green. Not sure why Windows defender keeps showing yellow exclamation when there is nothing to worry...
  4. Windows defender not working

Windows defender not working: When I click on the Security Center it will not open. I get no error or anything it "sits there" for a second then goes away....
  5. Defender 4.18.1807.18075 is massively broken. High CPU leaks.

Defender 4.18.1807.18075 is massively broken. High CPU leaks.: It's been broken since 1803 release, but 4.18.1807.18075 is a complete disaster. Locking PC right and left at almost any action. Massive CPU activity even while not scanning anything with no any I/O reads. There is a long thread on tenforums no word on the issue....
  6. Informing MS about a Virus NOT detected by Windows Defender

Informing MS about a Virus NOT detected by Windows Defender: How do we inform MS about a virus on my system, that is NOT being detected/fixed by Windows Defender? Alan...
  7. Windows defender not recognizing Malwarebytes

Windows defender not recognizing Malwarebytes: Your windows defender says I need to open Malwarebytes as it is off. It is not off, it is up to date & running. How do I get defender to correct this? It keeps coming up with red x on my screen and usually turns to green check mark after all programs load. I have latest...
  8. Easy Guide: How to Scan a Thumb Drive or External Hard Disk Using Windows Defender

Easy Guide: How to Scan a Thumb Drive or External Hard Disk Using Windows Defender: This guide shows you how to scan an external storage devices such as thumb drive or external hard disk or even a partition. Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in Windows 10. Guides are a single info-graphic that...
  9. Windows Defender - Unauthorized changes blocked - full path?

Windows Defender - Unauthorized changes blocked - full path?: With Window Defender when I click on change protection it throws up a truncated path when it blocks the path of the file. I want these programs to update certain files and can't decrypt the full path in the short message to allow the change. Where do I get the path so I...
  10. Windows Defender Research

Windows Defender Research: FYI I may be over reacting, but, I uninstalled "No Coin" app after reading the MS Defender Research article. I'll let you folks draw your own conclusions. https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/mic...ses-new-risks/ 115709