Windows 10: Windows Defender returns result 0x2

Discus and support Windows Defender returns result 0x2 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. There are 4 Windows Defender Scheduled Tasks. All but the periodic scan task result in successful completions (0x0). The Scheduled Periodic scan... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mcd73165, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Mcd73165 Win User

Windows Defender returns result 0x2

Hi. There are 4 Windows Defender Scheduled Tasks. All but the periodic scan task result in successful completions (0x0). The Scheduled Periodic scan task results return 0x2. This holds true even if I run the task on demand. I've found that by disabling Real Time Protection then rebooting the machine causes the task to run successfully 1 or 2 times after which the problem occurs again. This holds true on 2 computers (1 laptop and 1 desktop). Some time ago I created my own Windows Defender scheduled scan to run once a week which runs flawlessly. The built in task starts a program in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\platform\4.16.17656.18052-0\MpCmdRun.exe Scan - ScheduleJob - ScanTrigger 55. The task I created starts a program in "C:\ProgramFiles\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -Scan - Scan Type 1. When my task runs a Command Prompt window shows while scanning while the built in scan runs in the background. Has anyone else noticed a problem with the built in Periodic scan task? Again as mentioned earlier, the other 3 built in Defender Scheduled tasks run without any problem.
    Thanks.

:)

Mcd73165, Jun 14, 2018

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jun 15, 2018
  3. On startup Windows Defender is not on and wants to scan

Hi,

To address your concern regarding Windows Defender, we suggest that you restart the Windows Defender Service with the steps below:

• Right click on Start and select Run.
    • Type services.msc, then press Enter.
    • Click the Windows Defender Service, and click Stop and then
      Start under General tab.
    • Check Apply and OK.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jun 15, 2018
  4. John Sarc Win User

windows defender

Hi,

Let me give you the easiest way to turn on the Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X > Control Panel.
    • From Control Panel, type Windows Defender in the search box located on the right corner (Windows Defender will show up as one of the results).
    • Click on the Windows Defender, and click on the Turn On.

We appreciate if you update us with the result.

John Sarc, Jun 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender returns result 0x2 - Similar Threads - Defender returns result

2. Dismhost.exe and 0x2 error for Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dismhost.exe and 0x2 error for Windows Defender: Dismhost.exe folders are being made in my temp folder regularly and scheduled scans in the task scheduler come back with a 0x2 error, I used to have malwarebytes installed, but its no longer installed. anything have a solution to fix both of these issues?...
  3. Dismhost.exe and 0x2 error for Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dismhost.exe and 0x2 error for Windows Defender: Dismhost.exe folders are being made in my temp folder regularly and scheduled scans in the task scheduler come back with a 0x2 error, I used to have malwarebytes installed, but its no longer installed. anything have a solution to fix both of these issues?...
  4. Dismhost.exe and 0x2 error for Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Windows Defender scheduled scan returns 0x2 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Windows Defender scheduled scan returns 0x2 error: When the Windows Defender scheduled scan runs from Task Scheduler it does not complete and returns error code 0x2. This happens even if I run it manually from scheduler. This happens on all three of my Windows 11 machines and so is not machine specific. I am currently up to...
  6. Windows 11 Windows Defender scheduled scan returns 0x2 error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Windows Defender scheduled scan returns 0x2 error: When the Windows Defender scheduled scan runs from Task Scheduler it does not complete and returns error code 0x2. This happens even if I run it manually from scheduler. This happens on all three of my Windows 11 machines and so is not machine specific. I am currently up to...
  7. Windows 11 Windows Defender scheduled scan returns 0x2 error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan does not work; message 0x2 is returned

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Scheduled Scan does not work; message 0x2 is returned: Microsoft claims that one can schedule Defender to run a scan according to a specified schedule (e. g., everyday at 8 P. M.). See: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...nder-antivirus Yet, even after having followed Microsoft Support's own instructions (see screencapture...
  9. Windows Defender Scheduled scan task returns result 0x2

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender Scheduled scan task returns result 0x2: Hi. Windows Defender has 4 Scheduled tasks. All but the periodic scan task completes successfully (0x0). The Periodic scan task returns a result of 0x2. The same occurs if I run the task on demand. Note that a while back I created a custom Windows Defender Scheduled task scan...
  10. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan returns result 0x2

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender Scheduled Scan returns result 0x2: Hi. There are 4 Windows Defender Scheduled Tasks. All but the periodic scan task result in successful completions (0x0). The Scheduled Periodic scan task results return 0x2. This holds true even if I run the task on demand. I've found that by disabling Real Time Protection...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender run results 0x2

2. defender 0x2 2019

3. defender scheduled task scan 0x2

4. 0x2 windows 10,
  5. windows 10 defender result 0x2,
  6. windows defender 0x2,
  7. windows defender scheduler 0x2,
  8. scantrigger 55,
  9. Windows Defender タスク 0x2,
  10. Windows Defender scantrigger 55