Windows 10: Windows Defender Scan on launch application

Discus and support Windows Defender Scan on launch application in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, so lately i've found that when launching a application windows defender does a full scan of all its files etc, not sure if this is exactly normal... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bkr32, Feb 11, 2016.

1. bkr32 Win User

Windows Defender Scan on launch application

Hi, so lately i've found that when launching a application windows defender does a full scan of all its files etc, not sure if this is exactly normal but when running apps with multiple files eg photoshop with presets fonts etc, it scans them all which not only makes it longer to actually start the application but the whole computer down, i have one 1TB 7200RPM disk that i am running and 16gb ram,

:)

bkr32, Feb 11, 2016

2. Windows Defender in Windows-10

@Uma -

I'm assuming you are using the Windows Defender application to launch the scan? Can you attach a screen shot of the freeze? Can you try running the following command and tell me if it completed (under an hour) :
    "%programfiles%\windows defender\mpcmdrun.exe" -scan

Thx,

CJ.Eichholz (MSFT) - Microsoft Antimalware

CyberDust:
    +msft_cjeichholz

Twitter :
    @msft_cjeichholz

This post is provided as-is with no warranty or support.

CJ. Eichholz [MSFT], Feb 11, 2016
  3. Windows Defender in Windows-10

mi equipo se niega a actualizar defender

alexanderbeltran_807, Feb 11, 2016
Thema:

Windows Defender Scan on launch application

1. Windows Defender Scan on launch application - Similar Threads - Defender Scan launch

2. Windows Defender will not launch to scan - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender will not launch to scan - Windows 11: My Defender is showing action required but when I right click to do any action I get the following message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-will-not-launch-to-scan-windows/feca6ae2-552d-4f54-bea1-96f63d2a04dd
  3. Windows Defender will not launch to scan - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender will not launch to scan - Windows 11: My Defender is showing action required but when I right click to do any action I get the following message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-will-not-launch-to-scan-windows/feca6ae2-552d-4f54-bea1-96f63d2a04dd
  4. Windows Defending scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defending scanning: When it comes to scanning results and scan options, they don't exactly match with what actually has been done.For example, I was scanning a map share last night on my was from Windows 10 over wi-fi connection, the scan took all night, and since it was over map share it was a...
  5. Windows Defender Scan

Windows Defender Scan: Other than disconnecting, is there a way of excluding an external drive from a Defender full scan? It keeps telling me I have a trojan in one of my x-drives but I don't and I've done a scan with my Kaspersky anti-virus program and it's clean. Thanks....
  6. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  7. windows defender scan?

windows defender scan?: hello everyone I am trying to scan but the scan does not start and does not scan[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-scan/d932227a-f161-4867-a89c-b559d1441f0e
  8. Windows Scan Application

Windows Scan Application: Just installed the scan app but cannot discover how to select where to save my scans https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-scan-application/c4d6a03c-dc7d-4ba2-b4da-f1058df164aa
  9. Windows defender scan of our application.

Windows defender scan of our application.: Hi, I'm a developer in a project for private companies use. Our application connects to a server right after install. Recently we found an unknown PC in the list of connections which disconnects after a few minutes. It's located on Azure and by hostname & googling we've...
  10. windows defender is not scanning

windows defender is not scanning: that shows a notification that group or resource is not in state https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/windows-defender-is-not-scanning/e77931e3-9d2d-402b-9172-11787928475d