Windows 10: Windows Defender "Scan Type Index"

Discus and support Windows Defender "Scan Type Index" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I found out how to see the event logs for Windows Defender scans from a thread on eightforums ("Windows Defender - where are the Scan Results?"). I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jandlightning, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Windows Defender "Scan Type Index"

I found out how to see the event logs for Windows Defender scans from a thread on eightforums ("Windows Defender - where are the Scan Results?"). I just ran a full scan, but Windows Defender apparently ran a quick scan afterwards, so there is no confirmation on the WD user interface that the full scan completed. So following the advice in that other thread, I looked at the WD log in the Event Viewer. I see in the Operational listing two events with Event ID 1000, which seems to correspond to a scan starting, and two with Event ID 1001, which corresponds to a scan finishing (see below). The two 1000 events and the two 1001 events differ from each other in the "Scan Type Index" visible in the Details view of each event, which is "1" for one pair of 1000 and 1001 and "2" for the other. The times are consistent with the 1000/1001 pair for Scan Type Index 2 being the full scan and the pair with Scan Type Index 1 being the subsequent quick scan. Am I correct that Scan Type Index 1 is a quick scan and Scan Type Index 2 is a full scan? Is there some place where the various event type codes, etc are described?

To butter you up a little bit, but truthfully, I have found tenforums to be indispensable in solving various problems I've had since upgrading to Windows 10. Much better than the Microsoft forums. Thank you.

:)

jandlightning, Jan 4, 2016
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jan 4, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Windows Defender "Scan Type Index" :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Windows Defender "Scan Type Index" :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Windows Defender "Scan Type Index" :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Windows Defender "Scan Type Index" :)

musum, Jan 4, 2016
  4. Windows Defender "Scan Type Index"

I opened Event Viewer again, and this time I see that the type of scan is shown in the General window. For some reason I didn't see that before. So...never mind, and my apologies if I wasted anyone's time.

jandlightning, Jan 4, 2016
Thema:

Windows Defender "Scan Type Index"

1. Windows Defender "Scan Type Index" - Similar Threads - Defender Scan Type

2. Windows Defending scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defending scanning: When it comes to scanning results and scan options, they don't exactly match with what actually has been done.For example, I was scanning a map share last night on my was from Windows 10 over wi-fi connection, the scan took all night, and since it was over map share it was a...
  3. Windows Defending scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defending scanning: When it comes to scanning results and scan options, they don't exactly match with what actually has been done.For example, I was scanning a map share last night on my was from Windows 10 over wi-fi connection, the scan took all night, and since it was over map share it was a...
  4. Windows Defender Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Scan: Other than disconnecting, is there a way of excluding an external drive from a Defender full scan? It keeps telling me I have a trojan in one of my x-drives but I don't and I've done a scan with my Kaspersky anti-virus program and it's clean. Thanks....
  5. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  6. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  7. windows defender scan?

windows defender scan?: hello everyone I am trying to scan but the scan does not start and does not scan[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-scan/d932227a-f161-4867-a89c-b559d1441f0e
  8. windows defender is not scanning

windows defender is not scanning: that shows a notification that group or resource is not in state https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/windows-defender-is-not-scanning/e77931e3-9d2d-402b-9172-11787928475d
  9. Specify Windows Defender Antivirus Scheduled Scan Type in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Specify Windows Defender Antivirus Scheduled Scan Type in Windows 10: How to: Specify Windows Defender Antivirus Scheduled Scan Type in Windows 10 How to Specify Scheduled Scan Type for Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 Windows Defender Antivirus. Windows Defender Antivirus helps protect your PC against malware (malicious...
  10. windows defender scan

windows defender scan: since 1803 update defender only lets me do quick scan, if I click on advanced defender closes 110807