Windows 10: Windows Defender & scanning USBs/external drives.

Discus and support Windows Defender & scanning USBs/external drives. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello all, I’ve moved from Norton to test out WD & would like to know whether Defender automatically scans USB devices upon connecting or will auto... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bastet, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Bastet Win User

Windows Defender & scanning USBs/external drives.

Hello all, I’ve moved from Norton to test out WD & would like to know whether Defender automatically scans USB devices upon connecting or will auto scan the files upon accessing/opening?

Thanks,

:)

Bastet, Aug 15, 2018
  2. JoeJY Win User

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

I tried the custom scan in Defender Windows 10. It brings up the list of drives but the "OK" button remains grayed out when I select any drive in the list, so still unable to scan external drives... Any suggestion would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Brian Cab Win User

Hi Joe,

to scan external drives using Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below.

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to Settings tab.
    • Select the Advanced option.
    • tick the checkbox for Scan removable drives.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Aug 15, 2018
  4. JoeJY Win User

I have Defender Windows 10. I tried using custom scan to select and scan external drives. The screen listing the drives comes up, but the "OK" button remains grayed out so unable to scan any of the drives listed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender & scanning USBs/external drives. - Similar Threads - Defender scanning USBs

2. USB external Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB external Drive: My wife's Windows 10 Pro PC suddenly died.Can I move her Ext drive to to my Windows 10 Pro PC, so we can read her files ?Both are identical DELL E6540's.I presently have my own Ext Drive all is working OK on my machine.Can I keep both of them plugged in ?We both are running...
  3. USB external Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB external Drive: My wife's Windows 10 Pro PC suddenly died.Can I move her Ext drive to to my Windows 10 Pro PC, so we can read her files ?Both are identical DELL E6540's.I presently have my own Ext Drive all is working OK on my machine.Can I keep both of them plugged in ?We both are running...
  4. Windows Defender scanning USB Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender scanning USB Drive: Does windows defender scan devices connected to the PC such as USD drive? [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-scanning-usb-drive/412c4d3b-97d1-49b0-8ff2-6d19d09c9fdf
  5. Defender not scanning mapped drive

Defender not scanning mapped drive: Hi, I'm trying to schedule scanning mapped drives using Defender via the command prompt and task scheduler. The command i'm using is: "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2005.5-0\MpCmdRun.exe" -Scan -ScanType 3 -File "E:\Archive" I'm getting the...
  6. Microsoft Defender USB Scan

Microsoft Defender USB Scan: Does Microsoft Defender have the ability to automatically scan a USB drive as soon as its plugged in via Real-Time scanning? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender-usb-scan/6be4ec9f-5f62-4799-892d-b294e5051bfb
  7. USB External Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB External Drive: I use win 10. I have a Seagate external Slim Mobile Drive. It works fine but generates a warning in The USB Drive Device listing. The warning is: "This device cannot start." Should I Worry?...
  8. Windows Defender & scanning USBs/external drives.

Windows Defender & scanning USBs/external drives.: Hello all, I’ve moved from Norton to test out WD & would like to know whether Defender automatically scans USB devices upon connecting or will auto scan the files upon accessing/opening? Thanks,...
  9. Windows Defender real time scanning problem with USB flash drives?

Windows Defender real time scanning problem with USB flash drives?: Has anybody else had any issues when using USB flash drives with antivirus real time scanning? Today I was putting my flash drive back to factory settings using Diskpart. Everything went as expected until after I completed the full format to FAT32. The last line in Diskpart I...
  10. Windows Defender scanning USB flash drive in the background

Windows Defender scanning USB flash drive in the background: Hi guys, Whenever I stick my USB flashdrive in my notebook, for some reason it will not paste my files there. The progress bar just says 0% when copying from my Documents folder and pasting to the USB stick. But sometimes. Especially when I leave the USB stick in for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop windows defender scanning external drive

2. windows defender scans usb devices