Windows 10: Windows Defender Setting to Block PUPs?

Discus and support Windows Defender Setting to Block PUPs? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; According to this: https://www.howtogeek.com/360648/how-to-enable-windows-defender%e2%80%99s-secret-crapware-blocker/ I should be able to set Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bill_Lee_42, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Windows Defender Setting to Block PUPs?

According to this: https://www.howtogeek.com/360648/how-to-enable-windows-defender%e2%80%99s-secret-crapware-blocker/

I should be able to set Windows Defender to block Potentially Unwanted Programs via this Power Shell command:

Set-MpPreference -PUAProtection 1

But the command fails with code 0x800106ba.

Any thoughts on making this work will be much appreciated!

Windows Defender Setting to Block PUPs? 97b64897-c159-4566-8c0e-47bddbf8b624?upload=true.png

:)

Bill_Lee_42, Aug 4, 2018
  2. Jsssssssss, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Windows Defender Setting to Block PUPs?

Windows Defender PUP/PUA protection blocked BitTorrent

I turned on Windows Defender PUA/PUP protection and then tried to install BitTorrent, but the process was blocked and BitTorrent was deleted. Does BitTorrent really contain a virus? Is there a way to make sure while still keeping the PC safe and to add
    an exception for it if it's safe?

Moved from Windows 10

OsmanZakir, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Setting to Block PUPs?

1. Windows Defender Setting to Block PUPs? - Similar Threads - Defender Setting Block

2. HOW TO ***AL,LOW*** "PUP" THAT YOU HAVE BLOCKED !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO ***AL,LOW*** "PUP" THAT YOU HAVE BLOCKED !!!: HOW DO YOU "ALLOW" A PUP? WINDOWS GARBAGE DUMP IS BLOCKING THE APP WHEN I WANT IT TO RUN AS OFTEN AS I WANT AND THERE IS NO WAY TO ALLOW IT. ONLY BLOCK OR QUARANTINE IT. ****.WINDOWS IS FUCNG GARBAGE. GLAD I BOUGHT A MAC. I AM SO SICK OF THIS ****....
  3. HOW TO ***AL,LOW*** "PUP" THAT YOU HAVE BLOCKED !!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HOW TO ***AL,LOW*** "PUP" THAT YOU HAVE BLOCKED !!!: HOW DO YOU "ALLOW" A PUP? WINDOWS GARBAGE DUMP IS BLOCKING THE APP WHEN I WANT IT TO RUN AS OFTEN AS I WANT AND THERE IS NO WAY TO ALLOW IT. ONLY BLOCK OR QUARANTINE IT. ****.WINDOWS IS FUCNG GARBAGE. GLAD I BOUGHT A MAC. I AM SO SICK OF THIS ****....
  4. Windows Defender Detects PUP which is not exist

Windows Defender Detects PUP which is not exist: Windows Defender found a PUP in my downloads folder even though it doesnt exist in my downloads folder.I turned on hidden files but the file still wont show up.[Original Title: Something is not right]...
  5. Defender found a PUP in my browser

Defender found a PUP in my browser: Hello, Everyone! Happy Holidays, too!It's 12:40 am EST, and yesterday I believe, the Windows Defender found a PUP. I guess that what it said, but I'd like to get the specifics about this. I have a paid antivirus program in the first place, but somehow they didn't catch this...
  6. PUP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PUP: Hi everybody, I have seemed to have picked a potentially unwanted program. I keep getting redirected to a bing page once I have typed a search query in Google. Currently my McAfee suite is picking anything up. Malwarebytes was mentioned when I searched for some answers as...
  7. Windows Defender Identifies The SAME PUP As A Threat Repeatedly

Windows Defender Identifies The SAME PUP As A Threat Repeatedly: Since the implementation of W10 V2004, Windows Defender has now been defaulted to identify PUPS as a threat. As a result, many are now made aware of their presence. And they are "remediated", on the spot, to prevent them from causing any mischief. The problem occurs on...
  8. PUPs deiected. What are PUPs?

PUPs deiected. What are PUPs?: Split from this thread. When i delete my corrupted files is it normal when it said pups?And What is PUPS what are they?and thank for the link i have the same issues....
  9. PUPs

PUPs: How do you set Windows 10 to block PUPs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pups/4a7c74c9-9590-4a41-a94a-f237d686d00a
  10. Windows Defender PUA/PUP protection is too picky

Windows Defender PUA/PUP protection is too picky: Today WD deleted Wagnard's DDU saying it was a non safe application. I had to run the GUI interface to be able to recover it from quarantine. How could inform MS that this is a false positive? 106924

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender pup support

2. blocking PUPS with windows defender

3. how to block pups

4. how to set windows 10 to block PUPs,
  5. does window 10 window defender remove pups,
  6. set windows defende pupprotection,
  7. setting up windows defender to block malvertising,
  8. windows defender pups settin