Windows 10: Windows Defender Settings

Discus and support Windows Defender Settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can someone help/guide me please,in simple,easy to understand terms as I'm not especially bright with PC jargon,thanks. My Windows Defender 'Virus and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by oodleflip58, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Windows Defender Settings

Can someone help/guide me please,in simple,easy to understand terms as I'm not especially bright with PC jargon,thanks. My Windows Defender 'Virus and Protection Guard' keeps turning itself off,so every time I log on I have to reset this myself,and I've no idea how to change this so that it remains on as it used to do 24/7 *Huh

:)

oodleflip58, Dec 10, 2017
  2. Ed S. ps Win User

Real-time protection in Defender will not turn on.

I had the same problem. The problem and solution I found was that in settings windows defender was turned on but was off in windows defender go to settings up date & security then click on windows defender turn off real time protection. Then click open
    windows defender and turn on from there, then turn back on in settings. Worked for me!!

Ed S. ps, Dec 10, 2017
  3. WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi,

We have two W10 computers, desktop and laptop.

The desktop is running Windows Defender, and under Services "Windows Defender Antivirus Service" is set to "Auto".

With the Laptop, Windows Defender is turned off. Under Services "Windows Defender Antivirus Service" is set to "Manual" and the "Auto" option is greyed out.

What are the steps to turn defender on please?

Repairman 69, Dec 10, 2017
  4. Windows Defender Settings

Do you by chance have another anti virus program installed?

Please list all you security programs.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 10, 2017
  5. Hi Jack and thanks for getting back to me here.The only other 2 programs I have installed which may be affecting this setting I guess are CC Cleaner Professional and the anti virus one is the following Jack: Amiti Antivirus Free Download
    I hope this helps,thanks.

6. When you installed Amiti Antivirus it probably turned off Windows Defender.
    Most 3rd party anti virus do turn off Windows Defender when they are installed.

Jack

7. Ok Jack,many thanks for this,I'll try to look in the Amiti settings to see if I can stop it from doing this,thanks again though Jack *Smile

8. Windows Defender Settings

Your very welcome.

Let us know what you find.

Jack

9. Hi Jack,I took a look and very simply disabled this program from both beginning at start up and it remaining on constant guard/alert too,as I'm very happy with Windows Defender doing all of these functions instead,plus I can simply run this additional anti virus program as and when I feel I need to eh *Smile
    So my friend,many thanks indeed for your patience here and for guiding me through this as well as you have,in an easy to understand non-jargonistic way too.So bless you for that Jack and I wish you,and your family/friends,a very happy Christmas indeed and all the very best for the new year too.....We have had a huge snow downfall here,which's settled so is making the entire UK look very festive indeed,HOORAAH for this I say Jack *chuckle

Seasons Greeting and Thanks

Bill *Smile

10. Marry Christ Mass to you and yours.

Jack

11. Cheers Jack

Bill *Party

oodleflip58, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Settings

1. Windows Defender Settings - Similar Threads - Defender Settings

2. Windows Defender - set affinity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender - set affinity: Computer is unusable while scanning, and there is some restriction to release couple of CPU cored for the process. How to circumvent this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-set-affinity/44ad5fdc-f0a4-46db-8344-74ce65353bdf
  3. Windows Defender - set affinity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender - set affinity: Computer is unusable while scanning, and there is some restriction to release couple of CPU cored for the process. How to circumvent this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-set-affinity/44ad5fdc-f0a4-46db-8344-74ce65353bdf
  4. Windows Defender - set affinity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Set-MPPreference for setting defender update once in a week not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set-MPPreference for setting defender update once in a week not working: I used the following powershell scripts to set the defender update on Sundays at 2 am:Set-MpPreference -SignatureScheduleDay sundaySet-MpPreference -SignatureScheduleTime "02:00"Set-MpPreference -SignatureUpdateCatchupInterval 7Set-MpPreference -SignatureUpdateInterval...
  6. Set-MPPreference for setting defender update once in a week not working

Set-MPPreference for setting defender update once in a week not working: I used the following powershell scripts to set the defender update on Sundays at 2 am:Set-MpPreference -SignatureScheduleDay sundaySet-MpPreference -SignatureScheduleTime "02:00"Set-MpPreference -SignatureUpdateCatchupInterval 7Set-MpPreference -SignatureUpdateInterval...
  7. Set-MPPreference for setting defender update once in a week not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows Defender Firewall will not allow me to restore default settings, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall will not allow me to restore default settings, how to fix?: When I try to restore to default settings it keeps saying Window Defender Firewall can't change some of your settings. Error code 0x800706d9. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall-will-not-allow-me-to/682f67b1-a885-4aae-84ef-9e82ed2d47af
  9. Windows Defender Firewall will not allow me to restore default settings, how to fix?

Windows Defender Firewall will not allow me to restore default settings, how to fix?: When I try to restore to default settings it keeps saying Window Defender Firewall can't change some of your settings. Error code 0x800706d9. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall-will-not-allow-me-to/682f67b1-a885-4aae-84ef-9e82ed2d47af
  10. Unable to Access Windows Defender settings or Virus and Threat Protection Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Access Windows Defender settings or Virus and Threat Protection Settings: I was trying to access my Virus and Threat Protection settings and its not letting me get there. It keeps saying this"Page not available - Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT help...