Windows 10: windows defender starting problem

Discus and support windows defender starting problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; unable to start windows defender. error message with "error code: 0x800b0100" appers. HELP.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BiplavAnand, Jul 5, 2018.

1. windows defender starting problem

unable to start windows defender. error message with "error code: 0x800b0100" appers. HELP.

:)

BiplavAnand, Jul 5, 2018

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 27, 2018
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Oct 27, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

windows defender starting problem

Problem starting Windows Defender

Hi,

Software conflicts can sometimes prevent apps like Windows Defender from loading. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening?
    • Did you get any error messages? If yes, please post a screenshot.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to this

article

Since you mentioned that Windows Defender was missing under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft, follow these steps to create it:

• Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft folder in
      Registry Editor.
    • Right-click the Microsoft folder.
    • Click New > Key.
    • Rename it to Windows Defender.
    • To create the DisableAntiSpyware entry as suggested by the forum article, right-click your newly-created Windows Defender folder.
    • Click New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
    • Name it DisableAntiSpyware and set the value to 0.
    • Restart your computer.

We look forward to your response and the result of the troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

windows defender starting problem

1. windows defender starting problem - Similar Threads - defender starting problem

2. Windows defender not starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender not starting: the windows defender services have been disabled. and i am not able to on it again . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-not-starting/d09057d3-617c-4015-b136-01e639b1f568
  3. Windows defender not starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender not starting: the windows defender services have been disabled. and i am not able to on it again . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-not-starting/d09057d3-617c-4015-b136-01e639b1f568
  4. Windows defender not starting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Problem in Windows Defender. The problem is that SERVICE COULDN'T BE STARTED.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem in Windows Defender. The problem is that SERVICE COULDN'T BE STARTED.: I am having a problem in Windows Defender. The problem is that SERVICE COULDN'T BE STARTED. Please guide me.THANKS<Changed to a question> <Original title: The problem of Windows defender>...
  6. Windows Defender start on "Starting" services.msc

Windows Defender start on "Starting" services.msc: Windows Defender for the last few weeks has been stuck on "Starting" in services.msc, the reason I am worried is because it all started when my firewall came up as disabled, and when I go to enable it in Windows Security or Control Panel, it opens and closes before even...
  7. defender not starting

defender not starting: hi i downloaded an exe program i got a notification potentially unwanted app so i deleted the exe program i did not know there was an icon on the taskbar windows security/ actions recommended i clicked on it nothing happens also defender is not starting only a blue screen how...
  8. windows defender is not starting

windows defender is not starting: windows defender is not staring. It says the services could not be started. The specific service does not exist as a installed service. Please help me. Give me a suggestion.....
  9. windows defender is not starting

windows defender is not starting: when I was trying to scan my flash disk I got stuck since the windows defender was no longer installed[ATTACH] when I tried to open windows defender by going start>Setting>updates &security [ATTACH] then I have clicked open windows security the I found this security at...
  10. Start menu problem/window defender tuned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu problem/window defender tuned off: Good day, Some few days ago, i noticed that my start menu stop responding. hence i am denied access to my apps. Secondly, my window defender was turned off by group policy.. thirdly, any apps i searched through search box would not opened. Please i need your assistance on...