Windows 10: Windows Defender Threat Definitions Update?

Discus and support Windows Defender Threat Definitions Update? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Normally by this time of day I've had one or two definitions updates. None since last night late: [img] Anyone got a later version this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wiley Coyote, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Windows Defender Threat Definitions Update?

Normally by this time of day I've had one or two definitions updates. None since last night late:

Windows Defender Threat Definitions Update? [​IMG]

Anyone got a later version this morning?

:)

Wiley Coyote, Jun 6, 2017

2. How to uninstall MPC cleaner from Windows 10 app

Hi,

I would suggest you to try Windows Defender Offline tool.

Sometimes, malicious and other potentially unwanted software, including rootkits, try to install themselves on your PC. This can happen when you connect to the Internet or install some programs from a CD, DVD, or other media. Once on your PC, this software
    might run immediately, or it might run at unexpected times. Windows Defender Offline can help remove such hard to find malicious and potentially unwanted programs using definitions that recognize threats. Definitions are files that provide an encyclopedia
    of potential software threats. Because new threats appear daily, it's important to always have the most up-to-date definitions installed in Windows Defender Offline. Armed with definition files, Windows Defender Offline can detect malicious and potentially
    unwanted software, and then notify you of the risks.

What is Windows Defender Offline?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/what-is-windows-defender-offline

@ Don Varnau, Thank you for escalating the issue to us, we will try to help the user further.

Thanks,

Waseemulla S, Jun 6, 2017
  3. Windows Defender Crash

Hello. A few weeks ago, i saw that my windows defender is not working properly. I scanned my device and the result was a red sign on windows defender icon, real-time protection turned off automatically but said ,,No threats found,,.

i tried to update my definitions. Everything was fine. Current definition is 1.229.1617.0.

Is this a sign of a virus infection? is a definition bug ? Did i deleted a windows proccess? I don't know, Please Help me !

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category (from
    Virus and Malware/Windows Defender/Getting Started and Upgrading/Windows 10
    to
    Virus and Malware/Windows Defender/Scanning, Detecting, and Removing Threats/Windows 10) .***

Mihu_WTF_FTW, Jun 6, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Windows Defender Threat Definitions Update?

I do a manual check regularly. I've noticed that in the past week or so MS seem to have gone for only one update per day. I've just checked again. Your 1.245.577.0 still checks out as being the latest version.

Bree, Jun 6, 2017
  5. Thanks for the info and time. I guess I'm just a little paranoid and it shows now and then.

6. swarfega Win User
    Yea its the same version for me as well.

swarfega, Jun 6, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    For the really paranoid who don't trust windows update to get it right, you can manually download and install the definitions from here...
    https://www.microsoft.com/security/p...tions/adl.aspx
    ...makes no difference though, you'll still get 1.245.577.0 (I've just tried) *Smile

Apparently if you are a business customer running Windows 2016 Server...
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com...nderATPPreview

That would explain why the version number seems to have a big jump each time, on that basis I would expect the next one to be 1.245.589.0. Us mere 'consumers' only seem to get a daily update (would you really want them arriving every two hours?).

Bree, Jun 6, 2017
  8. prikker Win User

Me too.

prikker, Jun 6, 2017
  9. Just ran a check and got a new one.

10. Bree New Member
    I was wrong (but not by much). 1.245.591.0 is today's update. Tomorrow's to be 124.603.0 (or there abouts ?)

11. We'll see.

12. Bree New Member
    We'll see. Mistyped - I meant 1.245.603.0 of course. As a new one is issued every two hours and it appears that one gets published to windows update once a day each should be 12 higher than the last (with a little variability for early/late release).

13. Windows Defender Threat Definitions Update?

1.245.627.0 Stamped 12:51:03 AM this morning.

Wiley Coyote, Jun 7, 2017
  14. Bree New Member
    And before that there was a 1.245.608.0 last night. Seems MS has gone back to issuing them to consumers more than once a day. Perhaps the frequency depends on the severity of the latest threats being discovered?

15. That would make sense.

Wiley Coyote, Jun 7, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Threat Definitions Update? - Similar Threads - Defender Threat Definitions

2. Windows Defender Definitions not Updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Definitions not Updating: Hi All, I've got a PC in an SCCM environment which is not updating the Windows Defender definitions, Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in Administrator CMD and is coming back with error code 0x800f0954. Incase you also need to know this is on Windows 10 version...
  3. Definition updates for Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Definition updates for Windows Defender: I have three pcs on my home network all running Windows 10. One of them no longer downloads and installs the definition updates for Windows Defender. I worked with a support agent and went through the following steps running the command prompt as administrator: net stop...
  4. Threat Definition Updates

Threat Definition Updates: Manually checking for updates does not complete. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/threat-definition-updates/4fc4be50-19a4-4403-89d4-6a1a25c03ad1"
  5. Windows Defender Definition Updates

Windows Defender Definition Updates: I have a Toshiba Satellite P875-S7200 & also a Dell Inspiron17 (series 5000). Both computers have Windows 10 64-bit. The Toshiba has version 1809 on it and the Dell has version 1803 on it. On both computers all updates seem to install without issue except the Windows...
  6. Windows Defender definition updates ...

Windows Defender definition updates ...: Is there a problem with the Defender updates? As I keep running the update app and there have been no updates today (01/05/2019). The last update was yesterday (30/04/2019) it was - Definition 1.293.527.0...
  7. definition updates for defender

definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  8. definition updates for defender

in Windows 10 Support
    definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  9. Windows Defender definition updates

Windows Defender definition updates: Has anyone else noticed that the size of the daily definition download has dramatically increased? Prior to FCU the average size for me was under 1mb, now it has balloned to just under 30mb. This is of course downloading via Windows Update.Is this some kind of unusual quirk...
  10. Windows Defender Definition Update

Windows Defender Definition Update: I have disabled Windows Defender in Windows 10, but the Windows Defender Definition Updates are still being downloaded and installed, these updates are wasting my hard disk space. Are there ways to stop downloading of these updates. 16433