Windows 10: Windows defender update fails.

Discus and support Windows defender update fails. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I got error like this. There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lvgandhi, Dec 11, 2017.

1. lvgandhi Win User

Windows defender update fails.

I got error like this.
    There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:
    . Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.259.206.0) - Error 0x80070643
    I searched in the net. I uninstalled malwarebytes and ran sfc /scannow. It did not show any error. I deletedall files and folders in windows/softwaredistribution/download.
    Then ran update. Still I get same error.
    what to do?

:)

lvgandhi, Dec 11, 2017

2. Norton and a Windows Defender that will not switch off

I have installed Norton Security but still get Windows defender updates that fail. Windows Defender says the PC is not being monitored because the apps service has stopped. I initially installed Norton with Defender running and got the failed updates
    message. I then removed Norton, switched off Defender and reinstalled Norton and still get the failed updates.

DavidMonkhouse, Dec 11, 2017
  3. windows defender is not updating

while updating windows defender everytime it fails to download update.and it doesnot show any error code.just shows "windows defender failed to update".

SubhabrataSowmondal, Dec 11, 2017
  4. Windows defender update fails.

I have exactly the same problem. Yesterday I did a clean install on Windows 10. Updated everything fine and today I have this error. I got some other updates with no problem so I think its a corrupted definitions update from Microsoft

Thrasivoulos, Dec 11, 2017
  5. AntJac Win User
    I have the same issue.

AntJac, Dec 11, 2017
  6. pacmanfan Win User
    I'm getting it this morning on a "brand new" Win 10 Pro refurb system I'm setting up. None of the tricks I've tried that used to work for this error, are working this time.

pacmanfan, Dec 11, 2017
  7. Same issue here dudes, seems like MS screwed up big this time lol.

Tried all things i can think of but nothing works.. I guess its time for Windows to make an update to make Windows update work again lmao.

hurricane28, Dec 11, 2017
  8. AntJac Win User

Strange. There's another definition update that installed on my Dad's pc fine so I checked and there is one ending .218 I think. That won't install either. Anybody else having that?

AntJac, Dec 11, 2017
  9. Rose W Win User
    This 'didn't install-try again later' appeared in my updating window this morning. The current version is 1.259.156 the version that is supposed to install is 1.259.206. This stand alone file is available at the MajorGeeks
    Download Windows Defender Definition Updates - MajorGeeks
    I downloaded but hesitated to install and now I see opinion that it could be a MS screwup so I'll just wait.

Rose W, Dec 11, 2017
  10. AntJac Win User
    Won't install definition update ending .218 either

AntJac, Dec 11, 2017
  11. I just tried windows update again and there are some new updates and definition is now 1.259.218.0. Ill tell u if its fixed after I am done with the update

12. AntJac Win User
    Nice please do. Won't install update .218 or the previous one

AntJac, Dec 11, 2017
  13. Windows defender update fails.

Same problems on one out of my two machines. Looks like the update definitions are working for some and not others. Nonetheless it’s pretty widespread it seems so I’d say yet another major Microsoft screw up

for everyone having this problem, let’s all hit them hard on Twitter @Microsofthelps and try to get this on their radar

i see over on their Microsoft answers forum there is a fair amount of noise about this too

Scottyboy99, Dec 11, 2017
  14. there was 4-5 major updates that installed ok. now I have same problem with definitions 1.259.221.0 *Sad

15. funny thing is that few secs ago I had definitions ending to .218

Thema:

1. Windows defender update fails. - Similar Threads - defender update fails

2. Windows Defender on Servers Updates failing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender on Servers Updates failing: Hi,We have installed SentinelOne EDR on a clients Windows Servers. For some reason our HIDS agent is reporting Event ID 2001 Windows Defender Update errors on those assets?To my knowledge SentinelOne being installed should automatically disable Windows Defender which should...
  3. Windows Defender Update Failed to Install

Windows Defender Update Failed to Install: This update has failed to instal about 6 times KB2267602 Version 1.321.1404.0 has a 0x80070643 failure I don't know why it won't update safely as usual. I wonder if anyone has an answer. [Original Title: Windows Defender]...
  4. windows defender failed to update

windows defender failed to update: i got a notification that my window defenders needed to update because the virus and spyware definitions out of date. i was trying to update but the status didn't change, also my network connection is good not in the poor connection. also, i didn't get any warn after i tried...
  5. Windows Defender Update Failed

Windows Defender Update Failed: when running update it comes up with update failed. is there a solution for this? I am on a laptop with windows 10 [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-update-failed/754dd30d-7bbb-4e85-bf70-136d28e03f64
  6. Windows Defender update failed, sort of?

Windows Defender update failed, sort of?: Copied from my Reddit post. My internet has been slow today, and my Defender definitions update took longer than usual like 5-10 minutes. When it finished downloading in the update center, it said the update failed and I could restart my PC to try again. I did, and my...
  7. Windows Defender Update failed

Windows Defender Update failed: Over the last couple of weeks, I've been getting this error message "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (version 1.305.1053.0 Error 0x80070643)". I use AVG...
  8. Windows Defender Updates Are Failing

Windows Defender Updates Are Failing: On my Windows 7, Windows XP emulation mode, Windows Defender updates have been failing from KB915597 Definition 1.293.6.0 through Definition 1.293.1438.0. The last successful update was Definition 1.291.2208.0. MLB...
  9. Update Fails Windows and Defender

Update Fails Windows and Defender: Since yesterday i keep getting this error. Any ideas how to fix this? [img] 14986
  10. windows update fail windows defender update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows update fail windows defender update: • Definisjonsoppdatering for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definisjon 1.225.3467.0) – Feil 0x80070643 makes everything else updating stuck... *Smile edit: norwegian: definisjon = definition, feil = error\fail windows store does not work, photos\pictures app doesnt...