Windows 10: Windows Defender update query.

Discus and support Windows Defender update query. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I upgraded to win 10 about a week ago and although things in general seem pretty straight forward, I am rather concerned that although Win defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Greybeard, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Greybeard Win User

Windows Defender update query.

I upgraded to win 10 about a week ago and although things in general seem pretty straight forward, I am rather concerned that although Win defender says Definitions up to date, there is no trace of a defender definition in "view your update history".
    I guess this might be by design, but it would be nice to have some reassurance about this.

:)

Greybeard, Nov 19, 2015

2. can't update spyware and virus definitions

window defender not fully update please resolve this query

AdeelZaidi12, Nov 19, 2015
  3. window defender for windows 10

Hi Wayne,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me assist you with your query.

I would recommend you to use Windows defender as it came in-built with the operating system, and will be able to protect your system completely. Also, I suggest you to install all the Windows update to keep the Windows defender updated.

If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 19, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Hi Greybeard, Welcome to Ten Forums. You can check to see the latest definitions installed by typing "windows defender" (without the quotes) into the search box, clicking on "windows defender desktop app" and then the update tab. It will show you the dates of the latest definitions.

JohnC, Nov 21, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Windows Defender updates do not show up in "View your update history" anymore.
    After downloading, they go directly to Windows Defender. You can see your latest update if you open WD and click Update tab.

Windows Defender update query. [​IMG]

davidhk, Nov 21, 2015
  6. Greybeard Win User
    Thanks for your replies gents. I guess I can relax now *Smile

Should mention though that I don't get "Windows defender desktop app" after searching. Maybe a recent update/change?

Greybeard, Nov 21, 2015
  7. DustSailor, Nov 21, 2015
  8. davidhk Win User

1. Go to All apps > Windows Defender is listed under W > you can Pin it to taskbar and create a desktop shortcut.
    2. Go to Control Panel > top right, click the pointer next to View by > select small icons > right click at Windows Defender > Create shortcut.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender update query. - Similar Threads - Defender update query

2. Query related to Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Query related to Windows Updates: Do I need all of the updates that Windows is rolling out ? I don't work from home and this is my personnel home PC. ***Modified title from: Home PC*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query-related-to-windows-updates/99bcd24b-760e-4e00-afc5-909f90cb3a2d
  3. Query Regarding Real Time Windows Defender Alert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Query Regarding Real Time Windows Defender Alert: Hi Alert, I manage Antivirus for a company. We use Windows Defender AV. Our OS are Win 10 v1809. I am getting alerts from machines, where I can see my user ID in the logs, but actually I didnt login those machine at the time of infection. Alert:- Detection timeUTC...
  4. Query on Defender versioning Details for Defender Security Update version or Engine Version

Query on Defender versioning Details for Defender Security Update version or Engine Version: Hi, Myself Aniket, I have started working recently on MS Defender. I would like to understand how the Security Update Version or Engine Versiondoes the versioning gets a name? AMProductVersion - 4.18.2003.8 EngineVersion - 1.1.16900.4 AVSignatureBaseVersion -...
  5. update error query

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update error query: I am not able to update my windows 10 through windows 10 updater . it shows a error code 0x80240fff . >What can I do to resolve this problem . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-error-query/1a7ce9aa-65ed-492b-91aa-bdcce58bb8d5
  6. Query About Windows Defender Versioning

Query About Windows Defender Versioning: Hi there, I was lately playing around with Windows Powershell and Defender and have a small query, As to What happens whneverwh each time we update the Defender and how does the versioning gets a name? (According to the docs its a hashed version of a string..)...
  7. Query about Window defender update installation

Query about Window defender update installation: Hi sir I am experiencing some problems with my check for updates and window defender update installation. I coud'nt update virus definition in Window defender and when I try ti search for update, it come back with "window coud'nt check for update" error found....
  8. Windows Update Query

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Query: I got a message of new updates available today which includes "Windows Defender" as usual. But there was one more which is. "NVIDIA - Display - 12/29/2016 12:00:00 AM - 21.21.13.7653" Is it trying to update my Nvidia Drivers? I'm still using version 368.81 which was...
  9. Windows Defender Update Query

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Defender Update Query: On first April my Update History show Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB22676602 (Definition 1.195.1311.0) successfully installed on 01/04/2015 (UK date settings!) On second April my Update History show Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB22676602 (Definition...
  10. Fall update query

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall update query: The update was no problem and everything works ok. But after the update there are 3 things which are not really causing problems but just annoying. 1. When booting the Defender Security Centre pops up. 2. There is a beep partway through booting. I have change sounds to...