Windows 10: Windows Defender Update

Discus and support Windows Defender Update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I am new here. I need some guidance/link. Windows 10.1 is installed on my pd/desktop. The internet is working through networking and proxy.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ijaz Lodhi, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Windows Defender Update

Hi,

I am new here.
    I need some guidance/link.
    Windows 10.1 is installed on my pd/desktop. The internet is working through networking and proxy. Microsoft official website is blocked. Due to this, I am unable to update my windows defender (antivirus).

I need to ask whether:
    1. Is there anyway to use microsoft website? I have tried through proxy websites, but in vain..
    2. Is there any other site, through which I can download the antivirus updates mannually, then can run /update the same?

Regards.

Ijaz.

:)

Ijaz Lodhi, Apr 12, 2017
  2. Chasst Win User

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.213.5087.0) - Error 0x80070643

Yes I understand that Windows Defender will not run if another AV program is installed (in this case Norton 360) but then why does Windows Update keep trying and failing to install Defender updates, when Windows Defender is not running?

I uninstalled Norton 360, ran Windows Defender and downloaded updates for it. Then ran Windows Update and it worked fine, didn't report any Windows Defender updates. I then reinstalled Norton 360 and Windows Defender correctly is turned off.

But again Windows Update tries to install Windows Defender updates and fails: "Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.213.5520.0) - Error 0x80070643es. This is a Windows Update bug introduced last month, probably in the cumulative
    update for January 2016. Is there any way to fix it?

Chasst, Apr 12, 2017
  3. PC not updating

Try update windows defender using windows defender and then go to updates. Or disable windows defender and check for updates , then enable windows defender and update again.

OctavianQR, Apr 12, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows Defender Update

Hi it depends who's blocked the website and why.
    This is probably blocked too then:
    Get the latest definitions - Microsoft Malware Protection Center

Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Update April 12, 2017 Download - TechSpot

I just used a search engine to search for you - you can try searching for
    defender definitions.

You may have to try using a different AV, but check if you can access its update server. (If stuck you may be able to get the address via the relevant forum).

You may presumably also not get app updates and related data.

dalchina, Apr 12, 2017
Thema:

Windows Defender Update

1. Windows Defender Update - Similar Threads - Defender Update

2. Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?: Hello AllRecently our FireEye NX solution caught some file downloads which were in .zip format and MS Defender updates. The zip files were password protected also. My question is "Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?" Kindly enlighten me.Thanks Muhammad Tahir...
  3. Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?: Hello AllRecently our FireEye NX solution caught some file downloads which were in .zip format and MS Defender updates. The zip files were password protected also. My question is "Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?" Kindly enlighten me.Thanks Muhammad Tahir...
  4. Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  6. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  7. Unable to download 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...: I can't the update and have a download error - 0x80070002 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-security-intelligence-update/add704d4-2999-4231-89af-320230679300
  8. Unable to download 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...

Unable to download 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...: I can't the update and have a download error - 0x80070002 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-security-intelligence-update/add704d4-2999-4231-89af-320230679300
  9. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  10. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...