Windows 10: Windows Defender & VPN combo

Discus and support Windows Defender & VPN combo in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been using Windows Defender together with Tunnel Bear VPN for quite some time and so far have been impressed. When I was using my previous Norton... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mr Ed, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Windows Defender & VPN combo

I've been using Windows Defender together with Tunnel Bear VPN for quite some time and so far have been impressed. When I was using my previous Norton program I would scan with Malewarebytes and almost always find things, such as PUP's, on my computer. Now, I always find zero malware when scanning. Coincidence? I think I found a good combo. What say you?

:)

Mr Ed, Sep 12, 2017

2. Hyper-V causing boot loop in Windows 10 Pro x64

It seems that Windows Defender is blocking something from Hyper-V installation and this is causing problems on Windows 10. Another issue is related to Cisco's VPN Client, that also causes boot problems.

Juliano Nunes Silva Oliveira, Sep 12, 2017
  3. How to get rid of Virus, Worm and Trojan horse.

Malwarebytes, with windows defender a perfect combo

JimmyWin10, Sep 12, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

I'd say these were 2 different things Sir.

If my ISP was in the US I would definitely use a VPN as it is now legal for them to sell any of your information to anyone they feel like. While you possibly (probably?) can't trust your VPN you definitely can't trust your ISP. Possibly beats definitely in this case.

As for Defender, I use it - it is enough for me. I've been wondering idly if I need a AV at all - perhaps not. I'm going to stick with it now though to be on the safe side.

5. Mr Ed Win User
    But what would explain the sudden disappearance of potential malware that I was used to seeing during scans? Is it the VPN alone or its combination with Defender? Whatever the case, the result speaks for itself. Now the real test is to see if it's really permanent (keep in mind every scan .turns up zero thus far)

Mr Ed, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender & VPN combo - Similar Threads - Defender VPN combo

2. Window + Tab key combo not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window + Tab key combo not working: When trying to use this combination it will open up the menu that the windows key brings up, both keys still work and Alt + Tab still works along with Windows combinations, just not Windows + TabI use windows 11...
  3. Window + Tab key combo not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window + Tab key combo not working: When trying to use this combination it will open up the menu that the windows key brings up, both keys still work and Alt + Tab still works along with Windows combinations, just not Windows + TabI use windows 11...
  4. wisfox keyboard and mouse combo

wisfox keyboard and mouse combo: Is there anyone else out there had a problem with the keyboard above. Every time I try to it the drivers for the Micro plug will not download, which means both the keyboard and mouse are just a good door stop. All my USB connections are working fine I have all my printers in...
  5. COMBO CLEANER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COMBO CLEANER: HiI had combo cleaner scan my system but they want me to pay to remove this threat i removed combo cleanerhow to i remove the threat?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/combo-cleaner/ab8d9592-f5c8-440c-b732-60b6328bf1b4
  6. COMBO CLEANER

COMBO CLEANER: HiI had combo cleaner scan my system but they want me to pay to remove this threat i removed combo cleanerhow to i remove the threat?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/combo-cleaner/ab8d9592-f5c8-440c-b732-60b6328bf1b4
  7. COMBO CLEANER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows Security Defender blocked IVACY VPN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Defender blocked IVACY VPN: Hi,Windows blocked my IVACY VPN application indicating the existence of two threats. Detected: Misleading:Win32/Lodi Detected: Trojan:Win32/Vigorf.ABefore purchasing the license for IVACY, I read several reviews on different websites, and all of them indicated IVACY as one of...
  9. Windows defender application guard WDAG bypasses my vpn

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows defender application guard WDAG bypasses my vpn: Hi all Don't know if this is working as intended or missing some setting or whatever. Version: Windows 10 Pro Version: 20H2 Build: 19042.685 Problem: i use F-secures Freedom VPN on my pc. When i start up an Edge session with WDAG the internet connection starts using a...
  10. Question on microphone/headphone combo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question on microphone/headphone combo: My niece bought me a microphone/headphone combination for my pc, but after I put in a new motherboard and windows 10 the microphone plug doesn't work on my front of the case, but it will work on the one in the back. Problem is the green headphone can't be used because the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender combo

2. combo vpn for windows phone