Windows 10: Windows Defender Warning about OneDrive does not Dismiss

Discus and support Windows Defender Warning about OneDrive does not Dismiss in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; it is some days that Windows Defender under Virus & threat protection gives warnings (yellow exclamation mark) about OneDrive: "setup OneDrive for file... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by amir-vxj, Jul 14, 2018.

1. amir-vxj Win User

Windows Defender Warning about OneDrive does not Dismiss

it is some days that Windows Defender under Virus & threat protection gives warnings (yellow exclamation mark) about OneDrive: "setup OneDrive for file recovery options in case of ransomware attack". But I already have OneDrive on my system and logged in with the same account as my windows is logged in. the annoying part is that this message does not get dismissed. pushing the dismiss button does not have any effect and the warning is still there.

I know it is not a big issue but seeing a warning on defender gives a bad feeling.

:)

amir-vxj, Jul 14, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Windows Defender Warning about OneDrive does not Dismiss

New Windows Defender Security Centre. Option to Dismiss/Ignore notifications?

I have the same issue. I have a Bluetooth adaptor built into a permanently attached VR headset, I have purposely disabled the adaptor in control panel.

Windows defender shows a device driver warning on the Defender Notification Icon and under 'Device performance and Health' in the Defender Security Centre in reference to the disabled hardware.

I want to dismiss this notification so it no longer is reported as a problem.

The Windows Defender notification Icon also displays a permanent yellow triangle warning badge to reference the assumed hardware issue.

I am now ignoring the notification icon and so will potentially miss any new, real threats/problems.

If this issue can not be resolved I will have to disable Windows Defender completely as the continuous Warning Badge is mentally nagging me and encouraging me to be complacent about any Windows Defender warnings.

All security/performance software I have previously used has the option to ignore/dismiss or mark as safe any potential threats/issues as they understand it may not actually be a problem for the user.

This is not an option in the Defender Control Centre I can only assume it is either due to poor programming; a failure to predict normal user behaviour or arrogance on the part of Microsoft for expecting customers to only work in line with their
    expectations.

terrahertz, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Warning about OneDrive does not Dismiss

1. Windows Defender Warning about OneDrive does not Dismiss - Similar Threads - Defender Warning OneDrive

2. Windows 10 22H2: Annoying Windows Defender tray warning always reappears when dismissed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 22H2: Annoying Windows Defender tray warning always reappears when dismissed: On a Win10 notebook I have enabled Windows Defender, but I have deliberately disabled cloud functions and automatic sample submission. This triggers a yellow exclamation mark next to the security icon in the tray that I have to dismiss with admin rights, so that I do not miss...
  3. Windows 10 22H2: Annoying Windows Defender tray warning always reappears when dismissed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 22H2: Annoying Windows Defender tray warning always reappears when dismissed: On a Win10 notebook I have enabled Windows Defender, but I have deliberately disabled cloud functions and automatic sample submission. This triggers a yellow exclamation mark next to the security icon in the tray that I have to dismiss with admin rights, so that I do not miss...
  4. Defender, device security can't dismiss warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender, device security can't dismiss warning: This dismiss button not wokring, just nothing happens, how to fix ? i don't want turn on device security. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-device-security-cant-dismiss-warning/829faf81-cc41-42b6-ac41-a8e64dc0dfee
  5. Defender, device security can't dismiss warning

Defender, device security can't dismiss warning: This dismiss button not wokring, just nothing happens, how to fix ? i don't want turn on device security. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-device-security-cant-dismiss-warning/829faf81-cc41-42b6-ac41-a8e64dc0dfee
  6. onedrive dismiss not working

onedrive dismiss not working: In either of the two spots to dismiss onedrive neither responds to dismiss. I do not want Onedrive involved with my files but it won't take no for an answer when I click the dismiss button. Is yours acting the same way? 173936
  7. Windows security OneDrive warning will not dismiss.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows security OneDrive warning will not dismiss.: Hello. I have no need for one drive. The security center warns me actions are needed and it wants to configure one drive. There is a close or dismiss option but it does not work. Can I stop this warning somehow? submitted by /u/Bananaphonela8pv [link] [comments]...
  8. [Fix] Windows Defender Warning about OneDrive does not Dismiss

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    [Fix] Windows Defender Warning about OneDrive does not Dismiss: 03/23/2020 I had this issue until I clicked on and finished setting up my Personal Vault in one drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-windows-defender-warning-about-onedrive-does/7ebe0ba2-b66d-4f08-83c8-ef45114de364
  9. Warning about Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Warning about Onedrive: Onedrive MOVES files and folders (even from other partitions) and place them in a new folder called "Onedrive" in the C: partition. I decided to use onedrive, I figured it was a good way to store docs and files I use on several pc's and phones when out of office. Soon...
  10. What does "DISMISS" mean in this Windows Defender Security Center box?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does "DISMISS" mean in this Windows Defender Security Center box?: I click on the box almost daily to allow manual threat definition updates and do not want to lose that function/ability. Am only curious what would happen if I click on DISMISS ? Thanks, [img] Lee 113621

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant dismiss onedrive windows defender

2. onedrive dismiss

3. windows defender onedrive warning gpo

4. windows security forcing me to sewtup one drive,
  5. setup onedrive dismiss registry,
  6. window security one drive message wont dismiss,
  7. registry setup one drive windows security,
  8. cannot dismiss ransomware,
  9. windows defender onedrive dismiss gpo,
  10. set up onedrive defender prompt dismiss regedit,
  11. dismiss one drive,