Windows 10: windows defender will not delete - solution to problem

Discus and support windows defender will not delete - solution to problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If you want to delete windows defender and have been unable to: 1. find windows defender folder in Programs 2. right click and send to zipped file... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DAX1942, Mar 26, 2017.

1. DAX1942 Win User

windows defender will not delete - solution to problem

If you want to delete windows defender and have been unable to:
    1. find windows defender folder in Programs
    2. right click and send to zipped file
    3. send to desktop
    4. save for later use or delete

:)

DAX1942, Mar 26, 2017

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues

Had the same problem with the paid version of Bit Defender Total Security 2015. Only solution so far is to delete it and cross my fingers with windows defender (has let me down more than once on windows 7)

zombieganker, Mar 26, 2017
  3. US English Windows 10 Pro - The System Locale changes the Context Menu.

I found a solution to this problem:

1、Shut down windows defender using gpedit.msc and restart computer

2、Delete display language pack for non-English locales

3、Enable windows defender again by "gpedit.msc"

After the above three steps. The context menu will restore English language.

Remember not to install any non-English language pack, otherwise the problem will recur.

Crimethinker, Mar 26, 2017
  4. Ivan4you Win User

You can,t delete windows defender.When you use another AV packet then windows shall only disable defender.

Ivan4you, Mar 26, 2017
Thema:

1. windows defender will not delete - solution to problem - Similar Threads - defender delete solution

2. What is the solution to this problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the solution to this problem?: This notification comes immediately when opening on PC so please tell me what is the solution to this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-solution-to-this-problem/2499dbb1-1bba-4d3f-bd30-acd5b15c16d6
  3. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history: How can I delete these things from Windows defender - protection history. When I try to delete these three files found as a virus, which they are not, I fail to delete them. Where am I wrong if you can tell me. Thanks in advance. I am also attaching pictures of exactly what I...
  4. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history: How can I delete these things from Windows defender - protection history. When I try to delete these three files found as a virus, which they are not, I fail to delete them. Where am I wrong if you can tell me. Thanks in advance. I am also attaching pictures of exactly what I...
  5. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Deleting your antivus solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting your antivus solution: Today July 20, 2022 I decide to restart my computer when I am going to boot in Windows I have a Linux distro on another disk I got a screen that said "Deleting your antivirus solution" The truth is that I do not know if it is a virus, or something from Windows but I am...
  7. Solution for high ram usage by windows defender.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Solution for high ram usage by windows defender.: Finally, I found a solution for the high memory usage by the windows 10 in- built antivirus. This software almost made me reluctant to use it further. But when I enabled it to run it in the background, it caused a magic!! It causes no more high memory consumption and roughly...
  8. solution for problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    solution for problems: 1. I was using windows 10 build 1809 on my laptop along with windows 8.1. Last month windows 10 stopped booting. Now I am able to use only 8.1. The programs I installed in win 10 are working but win 10 is not showing up in the boot manager and not booting too. I tried to...
  9. What is the solution to this problem?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the solution to this problem?: [ATTACH] I've tried many times to update it is not expected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-solution-to-this-problem/6f0a97dc-1658-4542-8a37-63656c61ff47
  10. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem

in Windows 10 News
    Windows is checking for a solution to the problem: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Every time an application crashes in Windows 10, the Error Reporting Service starts checking for a solution. At times, it never finds a solution and gets stuck with the message — Windows is checking for a solution to the problem. [...] This post Windows is...