Windows 10: Windows Defender won't list Excluded files, File Locations, etc..etc

Discus and support Windows Defender won't list Excluded files, File Locations, etc..etc in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, I have selected certain file types / folders and locations in Windows Defender on Windows 10 that were added to the exclusions lists...... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kokakola, Oct 10, 2015.

1. kokakola Win User

Windows Defender won't list Excluded files, File Locations, etc..etc

Hi all,

I have selected certain file types / folders and locations in Windows Defender on Windows 10 that were added to the exclusions lists...

Previously I could go to Windows Defender and see what files, folders or extensions I had excluded but now they have disappeared....

All I see is the add buttons which work as intended when I want to add a folder etc etc....
    But then they are not listed anywhere so that I can remember what I have excluded or not....

Can some one please help me so that they are visible again, is there a setting in the registry that needs to be fixed?

This is what I should see where, below the red arrows I should see the excluded files/folders including their path etc etc [see image below]

Windows Defender won't list Excluded files, File Locations, etc..etc [​IMG]

but I see nothing..

Yet if i go to the registry as indicated below...

File and file location exclusions are stored in the registry key below.

*Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Paths

File type exclusions are stored in the registry key below.

*Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Extensions

Processes exclusions are stored in the registry key below.

*Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Processes

they are all listed there....?

I have to say that windows defender is excluding folders/files and etc etc, that I have selected during its scans, but I cant see the excluded items in the Windows Defender as per image of my Exclusions section below...

Windows Defender won't list Excluded files, File Locations, etc..etc [​IMG]

Thanking you in advance for your support and assistance on this issue....

Cheers

:)

kokakola, Oct 10, 2015

2. how to make defencder scan excluded files

at the settings, it says windows defender won't scan excluded files and it makes the pc vulnerable to malware, virus, etc. how do I make it scan everything

Walker-CruzComputer, Oct 10, 2015
  3. How do I REVERSE exclusions from Windows 10 settings?

No, it doesn't. I added a file to exclusion, moved it somewhere else and tried to remove the exclusion. It worked for me. Don't know you are having problem in removing exclusion.

What definitions and versions?

If you are adding a file as exclusion, only that file will be excluded, that too when it is in the specified folder. If you move the file somewhere else, it won't get excluded. If you exclude a folder, it won't be scanned (and same rule is applicable
    to folders too, move the folder and it'll get scanned).

If you add a file type exclusion, all files of the specified extension won't get scanned. If you exclude a process, it'll be excluded from Real Time Protection.

You mean you found an exclusion that you didn't add?

Prashant Kumar

PrashantKumar96, Oct 10, 2015
  4. kokakola Win User

**EDIT**
    Fixed... deleting the "Path" key in the registry and then resetting the PC brings them back...

I would like to thank Brink The Administrator

for sorting this out for me... genius....*Smile*Smile

cheers

kokakola, Oct 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows Defender won't list Excluded files, File Locations, etc..etc - Similar Threads - Defender won't list

2. Windows Defender scanning an excluded file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender scanning an excluded file: Hi Having Windows Defender running on a server 2016.Excluded a folder: s:\database\application\dataVerified in the logfile C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Supportthe exclusion:2021-07-22T00:22:08.983Z [Exclusion] s:\database\application\data ->...
  3. Files etc gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files etc gone: Feb 27th 2021 there was an update late evening. Feb 28th early a.m. did work on computer- no files, documents , connections, history, favorites and photos all gone. Where ? how do I get at them? Why would an update do this??...
  4. etc file deleted

etc file deleted: I accidentaly deleted the etc folder. Is there any possible way to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/etc-file-deleted/d0f0fa26-c28b-44f0-9e11-4d8fcfa57d1b
  5. Windows 10 File Explorer, etc...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 File Explorer, etc...: Please help, I have contacted Techinical Support dozens of times, was escalated to Level 2 support only to not hear back from them. They continually tell me to call the 1-800 number, which tells me to go to the website and disconnects me...where I am then told to call the...
  6. CONTENTS AND LIST OF FILES ON BACKUP DVD - HOW TO LIST ETC

CONTENTS AND LIST OF FILES ON BACKUP DVD - HOW TO LIST ETC: PROCEDURES TO LIST THE CONTENT AND FILE NAMES ON A BACKUP DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contents-and-list-of-files-on-backup-dvd-how-to/fc678a0d-dfd7-4b3a-964a-1c7d0ac8e8db
  7. Important files uninstalled, etc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Important files uninstalled, etc.: I posted one of these before, but for some reason I can't sign into Feedback Hub. Anyway, the problem I'm currently having is either I or the computer may have uninstalled some important files for the device to function properly. I'm noticing issues like, having errors when I...
  8. Windows Defender and McAfee Internet Security etc. etc. etc.???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender and McAfee Internet Security etc. etc. etc.???: Hello. First of all, on a scale from 1 to 10, my computer skills are about 3+/-. So be gentle please. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My IP gives me free McAfee Internet Security with my plan. I see so many conflicting views regarding the idea that all one...
  9. file edit view etc

in Browsers and Email
    file edit view etc: Using Bing, can you get like file,edit, view? On internet exployer I got these by pressing Alt and right click at toolbars. thanks carol 21925
  10. Deleting .ETC files

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting .ETC files: I came across a folder which was reported as empty and tried to delete it. I had to take ownership but still could not delete it --- then found it had around 10 MB of .ETC log files relating to such things as incorrect shutdown from last year and this year. Can I delete these...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. excluded files and locations windows defender

2. excluded files and locations

3. find excluded files and locations in windows defender