Windows 10: Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged

Discus and support Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A few days ago I set up a new PC (Windows 10 Professional 64-bit) with Norton as the security provider. The Windows Defender taskbar icon shows a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Andy Giesler, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged

A few days ago I set up a new PC (Windows 10 Professional 64-bit) with Norton as the security provider.

The Windows Defender taskbar icon shows a yellow exclamation mark. When I hover over it, the hint says "Actions Recommended":
    Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged 7215291e-57c6-46e9-ab08-2ed4b7172b0b?upload=true.png

But when I click the taskbar icon and go to Security at a glance, no problems are flagged:

Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged c5ed62eb-fc54-4f77-b3c1-2a9c4ade9abc?upload=true.png

Just to be sure, I've clicked into each of those seven areas and no problems are flagged. The only sort-of warning I see is on Account protection, where it says in red text, "To use Windows Hello, sign into Microsoft." However, tat doesn't appear to be an actual warning, just an informational message. And I prefer to use a local account for logging in.

I've rebooted multiple times, I've run Windows Update a couple of times, and I've run a couple of Norton scans.

Am I overlooking an actual warning, or is this a false alert? And in either case, how can I resolve it?

:)

Andy Giesler, Jul 16, 2018

2. Yellow exclamation mark on Wifi

There is a yellow exclamation mark on my Wifi in the taskbar. When I hover to it, it says "No internet access". However I can access any websites without any problem. Everything works well as I am connected to the Internet. But why does the exclamation mark
    exist saying "No internet access" even though I actually can open all websites flawlessly?

p/s: I want to make my PC as a hotspot, therefore I need it to say "Internet Access" (or else I cannot set my PC as hotspot), but I must wait 30 minutes for the exclamation mark to go by itself and then only it says "Internet Access".

What is the problem actually? Need help please!! Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged :(

Baginda The Great, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Yellow Exclamation mark over Internet icon

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are getting a yellow Exclamation mark over Internet icon in the notification area.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model number of the computer?

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Start Button and in the Windows Search type
      Troubleshooting
    • Open Troubleshooting and select Network and Internet.
    • Run Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Check if it helps to fix the issue.

Method 2:

I see that you have uninstalled and reinstalled latest wireless network drivers. However if you have not tried installing latest Wireless Network driver from the computer manufacturer website, I suggest you to try the same and
    check if it helps. Also install all the available Windows Update.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 16, 2018
  4. uzielkr Win User

Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged

Yellow Exclamation mark over Internet icon

Hello, I have Windows 10 pro and I am able to connect to my Router wifi without any issues and have a working internet connection. I am able to browse internet and ping my DNS server, gateway etc, no issues but there is an yellow exclamation mark over the
    wifi internet icon in notification area. When I take my cursor there, popup says Limited connection next to my SSID!! When I click on it, below wifi icon, tag says "no internet". Earlier this yellow mark used to appear when there was no internet access. What
    all troubleshooting I have done:

• Updated the wifi card drivers.
    • Checked for any firewall/security software conflicts.
    • Upgraded the router firmware and also used another router.
    • Changed the DNS from ISP to google to other open dns ip addresses.
    • Deleted and recreated wifi profile.

Please suggest what else I can do and if I am missing something. Thanx

uzielkr, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged

1. Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged - Similar Threads - Defender yellow exclamation

2. Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark, winsec ui crashing, but no security problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark, winsec ui crashing, but no security problems: I see yellow icon constantly after latest update to 2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5023706. There is no modules with anything wrong and in Eventlog the App is crashing with"Faulting application name: SecHealthUI.exe, version:...
  3. Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark, winsec ui crashing, but no security problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark, winsec ui crashing, but no security problems: I see yellow icon constantly after latest update to 2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5023706. There is no modules with anything wrong and in Eventlog the App is crashing with"Faulting application name: SecHealthUI.exe, version:...
  4. Windows Security has yellow exclamation mark with Action Recommended, but nothing flagged...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security has yellow exclamation mark with Action Recommended, but nothing flagged...: Hi not sure will help had same problem, try this click on privacy & security then App & browser control then enable reputation-base protection that should fix your problem fingers cross...
  5. Windows Security has yellow exclamation mark with Action Recommended, but nothing flagged...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security has yellow exclamation mark with Action Recommended, but nothing flagged...: Hi not sure will help had same problem, try this click on privacy & security then App & browser control then enable reputation-base protection that should fix your problem fingers cross...
  6. Windows Defender Yellow Exclamation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Yellow Exclamation: The Windows Defender notification icon has the yellow exclamation mark. But, for the life of me I can't find anything wrong. And, of course, Windows doesn't elaborate. Any ideas, James...
  7. Windows Security has yellow exclamation mark with Action Recommended, but nothing flagged...

Windows Security has yellow exclamation mark with Action Recommended, but nothing flagged...: The Windows Security icon in the system tray shows the yellow exclamation mark for Action Recommended, but when I click on the icon and open Windows Security settings, there is nothing flagged for recommendations. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I have full Norton 360 installed....
  8. Yellow exclamation mark on wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yellow exclamation mark on wifi: Hello, From past 2 days i got yellow exclamation mark on wifi (saying no internet access). I have changed wifi dongle. But problem remains same. I tried everything like resetting network adaptor , some command on command prompt, repair windows with iso file, and at last i do...
  9. Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged

Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged: Hello! The task bar icon says 'Actions recommended', but no problem found in the Windows Defender security center 'Security at a glance' components. Anyone knows what could have caused this ? 123801
  10. Windows Defender has yellow exclamation mark - But there are no problems

Windows Defender has yellow exclamation mark - But there are no problems: Title I don't have other computers to put in a family. No option given to disable?? ***Modify title from: Defender is yellow flagged, everything in Security Center checked green except "Family Options" ***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender has yellow exclamation mark

2. current threatswindows security yellow esclamation

3. windows defender has yellow

4. defender icon shows yellow mark in notifications,
  5. windows security centre ywllow point no problems,
  6. defender system tray icon yellow exclamation but no issues exist,
  7. defender is yellow flagged,
  8. windows defender has exclamation mark,
  9. why my windows defender in the task bar shows an error however the center shows no errors,
  10. windows defender showing explanation mark,
  11. yellow icon in windows defender,
  12. exclamation mark on windows 10 actions recommended,
  13. windows defender has exclamation mark but no reason,
  14. defender yellow but,
  15. status msg antivirus exclamation mark in windows defender