Windows 10: Windows Desktop/Apps Freezes

Discus and support Windows Desktop/Apps Freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, So I did clean install of Windows10 Pro and complete update (currently runs 1803). There is pretty nothing installed so far, but if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VladimirS2, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Windows Desktop/Apps Freezes

Hi all,

So I did clean install of Windows10 Pro and complete update (currently runs 1803). There is pretty nothing installed so far, but if I open even browser I get instant freezes to level of 30 seconds or so. Also It does crash browser time to time too. As you can see below I found out that there is zombie process which literally takes 102% of cpu usage.

So far I did:

DISM online check

scanning

Clean boot

Tried safe mode but issue persists.

P.S. I have AMD Ryzen CPU , I heard there are problems with it's scheduler. I'm not sure if that got fixed.

Kind Regards,

Vladimir

Windows Desktop/Apps Freezes 91bae7f6-33fb-4f40-9b7b-4faaa169167f?upload=true.png

:)

VladimirS2, Sep 3, 2018

2. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue Windows Desktop/Apps Freezes :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    windows 10 mail app freezes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel

• Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter

Refer the link below.

Note: Please don’t run app troubleshooter in the link. This applies to windows 10 also.

windows 10 mail app freezes

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Windows Desktop/Apps Freezes

Desktop freeze after log in

Hi Keith,

In order for us to find out what causes your desktop to freeze after logging in, we would like to gather more information:

• Did you make any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • When the computer freezes, do you get an error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows Desktop/Apps Freezes

1. Windows Desktop/Apps Freezes - Similar Threads - Desktop Apps Freezes

2. Freezing on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing on desktop: My Lenovo desktop freezes as i run a virtual desktop and windows solitaire. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freezing-on-desktop/803c56cb-b031-4fe3-8576-0752eadf9d17
  3. Freezing on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezing on desktop: My Lenovo desktop freezes as i run a virtual desktop and windows solitaire. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freezing-on-desktop/803c56cb-b031-4fe3-8576-0752eadf9d17
  4. Freezing on desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Freeze on Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Freeze on Desktop: I looked into the DMP file and I found the next:can you please help me understand the failure here?link for the DMP file:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlD_CGKGIVUVave_OEJ4LfzV0Jc?e=3EvqcP...
  6. DESKTOP AND FILES FREEZES

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DESKTOP AND FILES FREEZES: I tried to access my files today and as soon as I clicked on anything my mouse went in loading animation and after a while I could use my mouse nut the file explorer was stuck same think happened on my desktop I could only access things on the taskbar besides that if I try to...
  7. Desktop freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop freezing: When i start my laptop and the desktop is start after one or two refreshing laptop takes loading but 8-10 min. Or when i chack in task meneger ther is no problem show or heavy application. After 8-10 min laptop run smuthly but in 8-10 min its desktop is not working and mouse...
  8. My Desktop is freezing

My Desktop is freezing: After a half-hour of working the desktop stops working and I have to do a hard shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-is-freezing/785a7c13-9102-4450-ad03-d6fd25c0a0d9
  9. windows 10 desktop freezes

windows 10 desktop freezes: im using windows 10 on a desktop pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/windows-10-desktop-freezes/828c5c58-e510-4237-8a3b-3ca8b536265c
  10. Desktop Icons Freezed

Desktop Icons Freezed: Hi , I downloaded an application called Fences , it a tool that helps to icon grouping on the desk top. Soon i downloaded and installed the tool , all my desk top icons are freezed and cannot move. The basic things are already tried like below but it doesn't work...