Windows 10: Windows Desktop Apps/Store Issue

Discus and support Windows Desktop Apps/Store Issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have done a fresh installation of Windows 10 and am having a few issues. First noticed the issues when I pressed "Start" and typed "Calc"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daymondeo, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Daymondeo Win User

Windows Desktop Apps/Store Issue

Hi,

I have done a fresh installation of Windows 10 and am having a few issues.

First noticed the issues when I pressed "Start" and typed "Calc" to open the calculator. It would open, to a grey screen for a seconde or two then close again. Now, the following Windows Desktop Apps have issues:

Photos
    Calculator
    Store

The Calc and Photos app will not open at all. I will click on the icon from my start menu and nothing happens.
    When trying to access the store, the icon is blue (with no actual icon inside, just a blue square) and nothing opens. I am keen not to reinstall again (or run recovery).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Daimian

:)

Daymondeo, Nov 15, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Nov 15, 2015
  3. JohnC Win User

JohnC, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows Desktop Apps/Store Issue - Similar Threads - Desktop Apps Store

2. Window Remote Desktop App Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Remote Desktop App Issues: My remote desktop connection app has disappeared overnight and is not saying I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. How has this disappeared when I was using the remote connection app 12 hours ago?...
  3. Window Remote Desktop App Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Remote Desktop App Issues: My remote desktop connection app has disappeared overnight and is not saying I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. How has this disappeared when I was using the remote connection app 12 hours ago?...
  4. Window Remote Desktop App Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Sound Issues with Windows App Store Apps Only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Issues with Windows App Store Apps Only: OK so I have a very odd problem with the audio on my XPS 13. When using wired headphones, audio just sounded like white noise from any source. I uninstalled the Maxx Audio Pro which didn't do anything. I then disabled "enabled audio enhancements" which fixed the issue for...
  6. settings app and store app issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings app and store app issues: When I click the windows button and then on settings, a panel opens, with the wheel in the middle and totally blue see picture below. The app doesn't start. I can not access any parameter, but I get there through the control panel same issue with store, and maybe others...
  7. Issue opening windows store apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue opening windows store apps: [ATTACH] Yes i've reset windows store in apps Yes i've reinstalled said apps that wont open Heres an image of what happens when I attempt to open said apps any comments are appreciated submitted by /u/subbasorn [link] [comments]...
  8. Issues with Windows Store and Store Apps, Unable to launch.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issues with Windows Store and Store Apps, Unable to launch.: Every since the last windows update none of the windows applications are working for me anymore. When I try to open the windows store it either doesn't do anything or opens for a second and closes. This is the error I get whenever I try to use something like photos,...
  9. Converting Desktop app to store type app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Converting Desktop app to store type app: I have observed that store apps run faster than desktop apps. So is there a way to convert my games form desktop to the store apps. I mean it like frm EXE to the extension of store...
  10. Windows store app download issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows store app download issue: I just got a laptop with a 128GB SSD. I started to download apps off the store right away. I saw Disney infinity 3.0 which looked awesome and hit download, I left my laptop to download everything and when I came back I saw that Disney Infinity was 14 GB and almost 6 GB was...