Windows 10: Windows Desktop shows nothing

Discus and support Windows Desktop shows nothing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just downloaded Windows 10 today. I can't see any icons, desktop, find the start menu or anything else. I read it does dual-monitors but I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jyslinn, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Jyslinn Win User

Windows Desktop shows nothing

I just downloaded Windows 10 today. I can't see any icons, desktop, find the start menu or anything else. I read it does dual-monitors but I can't figure out how to switch when I can't see anything. I have an Alienware computer. Should I call Dell or talk to Microsoft support? Or can someone here help? The picture isn't clear but that's my desktop.

:)

Jyslinn, Nov 23, 2015

2. nothing showing up on desktop

I just wonder why nothing is showing

C0mmUnityrogers, Nov 23, 2015
  3. nothing showing up on desktop

hi micorsof I wonder why nothing is showing up on windows it wont let me add it that is it JetC0mmuniy

C0mmUnityrogers, Nov 23, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Probably a driver issue, does it show anything on the right click menu ?

CountMike, Nov 23, 2015
  5. PommieB Win User
    I'd say your not at the main desktop, try right-clicking in the bottom left corner and click on Desktop at the bottom.

PommieB, Nov 23, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    Or press *Start and P

7. Jyslinn Win User
    Nothing shows up at all. I used my backup and recovery to take it back to windows 8.1. Now I don't know if I want to try again. None of the offered suggestions worked.

Jyslinn, Nov 24, 2015
  8. CountMike New Member

Is there something in BIOS to change default display adapter ?

CountMike, Nov 24, 2015
  9. Solved Desktop Icons Have Disappeared - Windows 10 Forums

lopedoggie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Desktop shows nothing - Similar Threads - Desktop shows nothing

2. Desktop showing almost nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop showing almost nothing: The only things that my desktop running windows 10 will show are the taskbar, start menu and miniature previews of the applications I have open when my cursor is over their icon on the taskbar. When I open applications, they fail to show anything on the screen. I have tried...
  3. Desktop showing almost nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop showing almost nothing: The only things that my desktop running windows 10 will show are the taskbar, start menu and miniature previews of the applications I have open when my cursor is over their icon on the taskbar. When I open applications, they fail to show anything on the screen. I have tried...
  4. Desktop showing almost nothing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Onedrive Desktop show that backing-up while contains nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onedrive Desktop show that backing-up while contains nothing: Hi guys,I have a problem while syncing with Onedrive app in dektop folder Win 10 21H1.Everything is fine, except the desktop, it's continue, like, updating or syncing things while actually it contains nothing.Otherwise, in case that if there are some items inside, like this...
  6. Onedrive Desktop show that backing-up while contains nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Desktop show that backing-up while contains nothing: Hi guys,I have a problem while syncing with Onedrive app in dektop folder Win 10 21H1.Everything is fine, except the desktop, it's continue, like, updating or syncing things while actually it contains nothing.Otherwise, in case that if there are some items inside, like this...
  7. Onedrive Desktop show that backing-up while contains nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Nothing is showing after welcome window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nothing is showing after welcome window: After i update my window when i turn on my pc black screen appears after welcome sign please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nothing-is-showing-after-welcome-window/9296103a-56aa-4d9f-ad47-9c3fb4da97b9
  9. Nothing Opens to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing Opens to desktop: Hi, I have a new (out of the box today) gaming pc with windows 10 pre-installed. It's setup, windows 10 screen is displayed but none of the windows are opening to the desktop. They will appear on the taskbar as pins & i can click from one to the other, but absolutely...
  10. nothing showing up in desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    nothing showing up in desktop: i turned on pc and nothing showed up on desktop but everythink else works normally thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nothing-showing-up-in-desktop/dcb74dbd-7f72-4fff-9f51-4950bceaca4b