Windows 10: Windows Developer Preview Not Booting to Setup

Discus and support Windows Developer Preview Not Booting to Setup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HI I was installing Windows developer Preview In VMware workstation 17 Pro And while i was booting through the first setup process Within ISO File that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Uplight, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Uplight Win User

Windows Developer Preview Not Booting to Setup

HI I was installing Windows developer Preview In VMware workstation 17 Pro And while i was booting through the first setup process Within ISO File that i downloaded from archive.org there was black screen Error saying that Please Restart your PC with error code: 0x000001E. I have no clue why that this is showing though. Any answers to this Question?

:)

Uplight, Apr 21, 2024

2. Windows Phone Developer Preview forum retirement

Thanks for your valuable contributions to this forum and interest in previewing Windows Phone 8.1. As Windows Phone 8.1 has gained widespread market availability, an isolated “preview” forum will not foster the level of participation that your forum
    thread deserves. There are better forums to post your questions to and on April 29th, 2015 the Windows Phone Developer Preview forum will be removed. You will no longer be able to create new threads for this version.

Please use the Windows Phone 8 forum moving forward for your questions about the Windows Phone 8.1 OS. If your question
    is about Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones instead, please use our
    Windows Insider forum.
    Continue to use the
    Developer support forum
    for solutions to issues with eligibility, registration, or the SDK.

When the Windows Phone Developer Preview forum is retired:

• The Windows Phone Developer Preview option will be removed from all forum lists.

• You will not be able to create new threads in the Windows Phone Developer Preview forum.

Existing Windows Phone Developer Preview forum threads:

• Are archived to your profile if you participated in or followed them.

• Will all be locked and become read-only.

• Will still be discoverable through search engines.

Thanks,

Windows Phone Support Team

Greg [MSFT], Apr 21, 2024
  3. Mark_W. Win User
    Preview for Developers Update Freezing

Hello Omar:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issues you are having with your phone since the latest update. I have not personally seen or heard of this type of issue being widespread since the latest update for the developer preview. I have used 3
    phones running the developer preview and all have fully reset, I have used a Nokia Lumia 1520, a HTC 8X and a Samsung Ativ S.

I have a couple things to have you try. If you are not able to make any progress with the steps below, I would suggest you next review and post to the following thread,

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wpdp-wpupdate/why-am-i-being-required-to-take-the-latest/e25e71ce-b204-4b78-9058-69d82ee3d183?page=1&tm=1414715574284
    . We would also like you to post back here with your findings. This could end up being
    related to the hardware or the firmware but we want this to be a last resort.

The first thing I would like you to do is get the phone to the point where it is stuck on the gears. While it is stuck try a soft reset of the phone. You can do this by going to settings > storage sense > phone > temporary files > delete > Internet Explorer
    settings > delete history. Once this is done, press and hold the down volume button + the power button until the phone vibrates and reboots.

The next thing I would suggest you do if the phone continues to stick on the spinning gears screen is a manual factory reset. From my understanding this is after you have rolled the phone back to 8.1 > installed the developer preview and then updated the
    preview to the most recent update. If you notice that the phone is again stuck on the spinning gears, please perform the following steps while the phone is on spinning gears screen.

• Turn off the device.
    • Press VOLUME DOWN and keep pressing it while you connect the charger until you see an exclamation mark
      !
    • Press – in this order: VOLUME UP -> VOLUME DOWN -> POWER -> VOLUME DOWN
    • Your phone will reset and reboot. Please be patient during the reset process.
    If no progress is made, I would suggest you post to the thread above and consider rolling the phone back to 8.1 with the Nokia Recovery Tool and consider waiting for the official release of update 1. In the meantime post to the thread above documenting
    your experience and including the details requested in the original post.

We look forward to hear back from you regarding your experience when trying the two steps discussed above.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Apr 21, 2024
  4. Abi99 (2) Win User

preview for developer

• if you have Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview installed, and
    • if you do not have Lumia Cyan, yet
    you (have to) go for the Nokia Software Recovery Tool on a Windows computer.

The tool might show the same version because it displays just the firmware version. In that case, the tool resets your phone to Lumia Black with its old version of Windows Phone 8.0. Then, you get Lumia Cyan (with Windows Phone 8.1) over the air. Did that
    help?

Abi99 (2), Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows Developer Preview Not Booting to Setup - Similar Threads - Developer Preview Booting

2. Windows Developer Preview Not Booting to Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Developer Preview Not Booting to Setup: HI I was installing Windows developer Preview In VMware workstation 17 Pro And while i was booting through the first setup process Within ISO File that i downloaded from archive.org there was black screen Error saying that Please Restart your PC with error code: 0x000001E. I...
  3. Developer mode setup & drive space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Developer mode setup & drive space: I recently enabled developer mode, and Windows took a bunch of time to set it up. Shortly after, I noticed that my computer has 10Gigs less space than when I last checked. Does developer mode unpack to take up a bunch of extra space like this? If so is there a way to pack it...
  4. Announcing developer preview of AMP for email in Outlook.com

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing developer preview of AMP for email in Outlook.com: In March, we announced that we would have a preview to support AMP for email in Outlook.com by summer. Today, we are happy to announce that we have entered the developer preview phase. Support for the format has been rolled out but it is turned off by default. Any email...
  5. The Windows 10 technical preview setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Windows 10 technical preview setup: Hello, Please be sure to give me the Windows 10 technical preview setup download link. Please tell me what I need to do to get this link, do I have to sign up? I mention that I have Microsoft account. Wait for response! Thank you! A good day!...
  6. Fluent XAML Theme Editor Preview released for Windows Developers

in Windows 10 News
    Fluent XAML Theme Editor Preview released for Windows Developers: [ATTACH] We’re excited to announce the preview release of the Fluent XAML Theme Editor application! As some of you may remember from our Build 2018 session this year, we previewed a tool using our new ColorPaletteResources API that allows you to set the color theme of your...
  7. Can't update or use expired develop preview

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't update or use expired develop preview: Windows 10 build. One day out of nowhere, got error on boot stating that a component of the operating system has expired winload.efi. Any resolution I could find always referenced tricking the OS by rolling back the system date in the bios, getting it to at least boot, then...
  8. Skype Bots preview comes to consumers and developers

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Bots preview comes to consumers and developers: Skype brings together hundreds of millions of people around the world every day. The amazing connection that Skype brings to so many people inspired us to think about the next platform shift, to conversation as a platform. Today we are introducing Skype Bots—a new way to...
  9. New Kinect developer preview for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Kinect developer preview for Windows 10: [img] [img] Kinect - Windows app development This preview adds support for using Kinect with the built-in Windows.Devices.Perception APIs, and it also provides beta support for using Kinect with Windows Hello. Getting started is easy. First, make sure you already...
  10. Announcing the Office 2016 IT Pro and Developer Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the Office 2016 IT Pro and Developer Preview: I’m pleased to announce the IT Pro and Developer Preview of Office 2016 for the Windows desktop. We’ve been in private preview with Office 2016 for several months. Now we’re ready to expand the program to our commercial Office 365 customers, an important milestone that gives...