Windows 10: Windows disk defragmenting and optimizing!

Discus and support Windows disk defragmenting and optimizing! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I really think MS should come up with a better way to put these two Disk Defragmenting and Optimizing into they're own seperate location that is meant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MrVang3034, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Windows disk defragmenting and optimizing!

I really think MS should come up with a better way to put these two Disk Defragmenting and Optimizing into they're own seperate location that is meant for the different drive that users have on they're computer like put the Disk Defragmantation in the Hard disk drive location so it can be use for that Disk drive and put the Optimization utility into the Solid State Drive location so it can be use for just the Solid State Drive. And it would disable automatically one or the other automatically depending on which type of drive the users have on they're computer.

:)

MrVang3034, Nov 20, 2015
  2. Kem Mon Win User

95-100% Disk usage when start up and keep randomly happen.

Thank you for updating us on this matter. Kindly perform a disk drive defrag and check for any changes. To do this,
    follow these steps:

• On the
      search bar, type
      defrag.

• Choose
      Defragment and Optimize Drives.

• Select the disk drive you want to optimize.

• Click on the
      Optimize
      button
      to start.

Note:
    Disk drive defrag may take a while.
    Kindly make sure that it will not be cancelled.

Keep us update on this matter so that we can investigate it further.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 20, 2015
  3. WIN10 /WIN7 Dual boot, WIN7 forced to upgrade to win10, now I can only boot to Primary WIN10 drive

How to defragment your disk drive in Windows 10

1) Click on the Start menu on the bottom-left side of the toolbar, then click on the search box and type: defragment.

2) In the list that pops up click on 'Defragment and optimize your drives'.

3) A "Optimize Drives" window will be displayed with a list of partitions and associated drive letter on your disk drive (or drives if you have more than one drive),

4) Click on the C: (Windows partition) to highlight it, then click on the 'Analyze' button. When the analysis is finished you will see how fragmented the partition is and if it needs "Optimization".

5) If you decide to defragment the drive or partition you selected, click on the 'Optimize' button. Note that this process can take from only a few minutes to several hours depending on the percent of fragmentation and the speed of your disk drive.

Note: Solid State Drives do not need to be defragmented.

:
    http://www.pagestart.com

J W Stuart, Nov 20, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows disk defragmenting and optimizing!

Brink, Nov 20, 2015
  5. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I'd like MS would include a drive map with clusters with its defragmenter.

eLPuSHeR, Nov 20, 2015
  6. I highly doubt MS would implement that disk cluster map on the build-in Disk Defragment tool. You're better off buying a 3rd party software with that capability feature. It is sad that you have to go through a 3rd party to have cluster features on.

MrVang3034, Nov 21, 2015
    MrVang3034, Nov 21, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows disk defragmenting and optimizing! - Similar Threads - disk defragmenting optimizing

2. Optimize and Defragment Drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optimize and Defragment Drives: Doing a little system upkeep, like Disc Cleanup, but when I do the Optimize and Defragment Drives, Iobit Advanced system care comes up and does the scan. Is that OK, or should I Exit it, and have the regular scan go?...
  3. Defragmenting and Optimizing Drive C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defragmenting and Optimizing Drive C: Drive C no longer appears in the Defragmenting and Optimizing Drives App? I only see the Recovery Image. How do I add Drive C back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defragmenting-and-optimizing-drive-c/c54cedb5-7c13-435b-80b6-5c4419421de6
  4. Defragment and Optimization Tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defragment and Optimization Tool: Since update to Version 2004, each and any time the Windows Tool to Defragment and Optimize the Hard Drive, I receive an Event Error Message, Event 264, " The storage optimizer couldn't complete retrim on OS C: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware...
  5. SSD optimize and defrag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD optimize and defrag: There is a place to set optimize and defrag on or off and to schedule if you wish. However, I have read that Windows does this itself in its own way. So should I turn mine off or leave it set to a month? 130044
  6. Defragment and Optimize Disk won't open in Local Services

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Defragment and Optimize Disk won't open in Local Services: Defragment and Optimize Disks service is missing from list of Windows 10 services. It shows up on list of Administrative Tools in the Control Panel, but won't open even when using "Run as Administrator". I have run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in the command...
  7. Optimize and Defrag Schedule issue

Optimize and Defrag Schedule issue: So i have had this to TRIM my SSD weekly it as such it is scheduled as such [img] Problem being it has NEVER did this weekly daily automatically I will randomly check this and it will say 20 ~40 days since last trim cause that how long it is before i actual check......
  8. Defrag and Optimize

Defrag and Optimize: What is a good optimizer with W10. Thanks 39959
  9. Defragment and Optimize C drive

Defragment and Optimize C drive: I can not get my C drive to optimize. It stays stuck on 6%. I have tried it 5 times and still will not go to O% optimized. [img] 104256
  10. Optimize and Defrag Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Optimize and Defrag Drives in Windows 10: How to: Optimize and Defrag Drives in Windows 10 How to Optimize and Defragment Drives in Windows 10 One of the best ways you can improve your PC's performance is by optimizing the drive. Windows includes features to help optimize the different types of drives that PCs...