Windows 10: Windows DISM and SFC fail to fix corruptions. DISM error 1726 / WIN 10

Discus and support Windows DISM and SFC fail to fix corruptions. DISM error 1726 / WIN 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, as you already know from the title I have problems with the windows utilities that fix corruptions. After I upgraded to build 1607, those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sperks, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Sperks Win User

Windows DISM and SFC fail to fix corruptions. DISM error 1726 / WIN 10

Hello, as you already know from the title I have problems with the windows utilities that fix corruptions. After I upgraded to build 1607, those utilities worked, but now after a few weeks I tried to do them again after some driver updates just to be sure and now they find corruptions and can't fix them. I modified my windows a bit, nothing too serious, but since then after getting the errors I reverted them back to win default ( I think I did all of them, not 100% sure, since I don't write down my modifications... silly me) Here are the logs from an hour or so ago, when I tried the DISM / SFC combo. Please help *Sad

:)

Sperks, Oct 4, 2016
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 4, 2016
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 4, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

All of the CSI Payload corrupt warnings reference .lnk files only. These are File Explorer shortcuts only, not actual binary files themselves. I wouldn't worry about them unless you're noticing issues related to the files they "touch." Try accessing cleanmgr.exe at the command line (or in the run dialog box) and see if it works. If it does, that tells me Explorer still knows where to find things without the shortcuts. Worst case, you can always navigate to these items manually.

OTOH, if you have access to the ISO from which you made your most recent install, you can use that install.wim (from the \Sources folder) as the target for the /source parameter in the DISM command. This should find those missing links (pun intended) and set you straight.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows DISM and SFC fail to fix corruptions. DISM error 1726 / WIN 10 - Similar Threads - DISM SFC fail

2. DISM Error Code 1726

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM Error Code 1726: I use Windows 11 and when I try to use DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth I get error code 1726: The Remote Procedure Call has stopped. DISM Log Below2023-08-02 18:36:20, Info DISM DISM.EXE: 2023-08-02 18:36:20, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Host machine information: OS...
  3. DISM Error Code 1726

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM Error Code 1726: I use Windows 11 and when I try to use DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth I get error code 1726: The Remote Procedure Call has stopped. DISM Log Below2023-08-02 18:36:20, Info DISM DISM.EXE: 2023-08-02 18:36:20, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Host machine information: OS...
  4. Corrupted data and failed SFC, DISM, and CHKDISK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted data and failed SFC, DISM, and CHKDISK: I seem to have files that cannot be fixed no matter what I try. Things I've tried: - sfc /scannow many times, each time stopping at 17% and saying the following: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation - DISM /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth....
  5. DISM Scan Error : 1726

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM Scan Error : 1726: C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Image Version: 10.0.19043.928 The component store is repairable. The operation completed successfully. C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online...
  6. DISM Scan Error : 1726

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM Scan Error : 1726: C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Image Version: 10.0.19043.928 The component store is repairable. The operation completed successfully. C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online...
  7. DISM Scan Error : 1726

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Running DISM Fails with Error: 1726

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running DISM Fails with Error: 1726: I can run the following commands and they all run fine and do not find any issues: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth sfc /scannow chkdsk /F C: But the following fails every time: DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image...
  9. Running DISM Fails with Error: 1726

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running DISM Fails with Error: 1726: I can run the following commands and they all run fine and do not find any issues: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth sfc /scannow chkdsk /F C: But the following fails every time: DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image...
  10. sfc and dism fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc and dism fail: I had to restart my PC today using the power button after I ran into an issue with the USB controller stopped working resulting in no keyboard nor mouse. I managed to RDP into the PC from my mobile phone and thought I was able to restart my PC successfully. But the screen...