Windows 10: Windows do not show up correctly when clicking on them

Discus and support Windows do not show up correctly when clicking on them in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I struggle quite hard trying to explain this issue, so the topic title may be a bit unclear but the problem is that when I have several programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hoggorm, May 25, 2018.

1. Hoggorm Win User

Windows do not show up correctly when clicking on them

Hi,

I struggle quite hard trying to explain this issue, so the topic title may be a bit unclear but the problem is that when I have several programs open in the task bar clicking on one of them will not always push it up front on the screen...

I can have iTunes, Explorer and Chrome open for example with iTunes up front. If I now want to open Explorer clicking on it makes it "active", but it is still behind iTunes...

In this image I'm working in Explorer when I want to open Notepad++. Clicking Notepad++ do not bring it up front though...

Windows do not show up correctly when clicking on them [​IMG]

In this image I'm working in Notepad++ and want to open Chrome but clicking on Chrome do not bring it up. Instead Notepad++ remain in front.

Windows do not show up correctly when clicking on them [​IMG]

Notepad++ is for simplicity used in both examples here, but the problem affects all software running.

How can I fix this?

:)

Hoggorm, May 25, 2018

2. Some buttons not reacting when I click on them

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

• Did you make any hardware or software changes prior to this issue?

• What is the current build installed on your computer? (To check the build, Press
      Windows + R keys to open Run command, type
      Winver and press Enter)

• What happens when you click on these buttons? Did you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to install all the updates on your computer.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on search
      bar, type Windows Update.

• Select Check for Update.

• Download and
      Install the latest Windows Updates.
    Method 2: I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and type Enter.

• Click on View All on top left corner.

• Select Hardware from the list and follow the prompts for
      troubleshooting.
    Method 3: Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Run the Troubleshooter.
    Refer: Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, May 25, 2018
  3. My nextbook is not starting up correctly, blackscreen on start up

Hi Andrew,

I would suggest you to verify if the default sound device is set correctly. Follow these steps:

• Windows key + X, click Control Panel, click
      Hardware and Sound, and then click Sound.
    • Playback tab. Make sure the correct default audio device is selected. (For most users, the default audio device is
      Speakers.)
    • Playback tab, select the correct device, click Properties, click the
      Advanced tab, and make sure that Default Format is set to the value that you expect. When finished, click OK.
    • Playback tab, select the playback device, click Configure, and then make sure the configurations are set correctly.
    If the sound settings are set correctly, and your speakers are already set as the default device, go to "Verify that an audio driver is installed" now.

• Set Default.
    • OK to save your settings.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows do not show up correctly when clicking on them

1. Windows do not show up correctly when clicking on them - Similar Threads - show correctly clicking

2. "Cleanup System Files" not showing up when clicked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Cleanup System Files" not showing up when clicked: Hello all,So i just reset my computer with a fresh reinstall of windows 10 and my storage is still being taken up by the windows.old files and im trying to delete them but the Cleanup System Files whenever i click on it nothing happens but "Disk Space Cleanup Manager fo..."...
  3. "Cleanup System Files" not showing up when clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Cleanup System Files" not showing up when clicked: Hello all,So i just reset my computer with a fresh reinstall of windows 10 and my storage is still being taken up by the windows.old files and im trying to delete them but the Cleanup System Files whenever i click on it nothing happens but "Disk Space Cleanup Manager fo..."...
  4. "Cleanup System Files" not showing up when clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Notifications disappear when clicking on them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications disappear when clicking on them: I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. After that, every time click on a notification in the Action Center, it just disappears, it never opens anything. I formatted my PC and made a clean installation of windows through USB, still the same problem. How to fix this?...
  6. Notifications disappear when clicking on them

Notifications disappear when clicking on them: I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. After that, every time click on a notification in the Action Center, it just disappears, it never opens anything. I formatted my PC and made a clean installation of windows through USB, still the same problem. How to fix this?...
  7. Why do my windows disappear when I click to move them?

Why do my windows disappear when I click to move them?: I have windows 10, running 2 monitors, 1 tv 3 monitors total. When I click to drag a window it disappears and no matter what I do can not sort out why...
  8. Apps not showing up correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps not showing up correctly: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SolProdigyHD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kc2yv1/apps_not_showing_up_correctly/
  9. Windows are not brought in front when clicking on them

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows are not brought in front when clicking on them: For more than a year now I've had this problem where windows won't appear at front when I click on them in the task bar. In order to view a specific window (for example Chrome or Explorer) I have to minimize every window I have open and then click on the relevant window that...
  10. Numbers do not appear when I click on them

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numbers do not appear when I click on them: Numbers DO NOT appear when I click on them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/numbers-do-not-appear-when-i-click-on-them/04d425e1-10e6-4427-aa7f-258e95f294b8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. minecoins not showing up

2. click window but it does not show up

3. clicking a window from the taskbar does not bring it to foreground 1803