Windows 10: Windows does not find the recovery partition

Discus and support Windows does not find the recovery partition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, My Vaio laptop came with a built-in recovery partition (it's 'bout 32GB and hidden). Sometimes I use it to reset my PC back to factory conditions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vinhthanh612, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Windows does not find the recovery partition

Hi,
    My Vaio laptop came with a built-in recovery partition (it's 'bout 32GB and hidden). Sometimes I use it to reset my PC back to factory conditions due to unexpected errors. But yesterday I was shocked 'cuz Windows Disk Management showed that my recovery partition was empty! When I checked with different third-party apps they showed the partition had 'bout 27GB in use. In fact I couldn't boot into Vaio recovery mode anymore. Any of you guys can help me, plz..... I'm really worry

:)

vinhthanh612, Mar 6, 2016

2. How to create a recovery drive in Windows 10?

A recovery drive is actually a portable recovery partition rather than just a recovery disk. That's why it offers to remove an existing recovery partition if one exists. It has the flexibility of just repairing Windows or reinstalling Windows. When
    it reinstalls it also reinstalls your drivers and settings, just like a recovery partition does. It does not reinstall apps and personal files, however, so it is no substitute for other types of backups.

Cbarnhorst, Mar 6, 2016
  3. Di [MSFT] Win User
    Recovery partition in Win 8.1 after upgrade to Win 10.0

Windows 10 does not need recovery partition. Windows 10 uses Windows SxS store to recovery windows. You can find more details here -

How push-button reset features work

If you leave your Windows 8 recovery partition as is, you will see the following options if you click Reset this PC

1. Keep My files - this will re-install Win 10 but keep your data

2. Remove everything - this will remove all user data and reinstall Windows 10

3. Restore to Factory Settings - this will use the recovery image you have on the recovery partition and restore Win 8 your PC came with

If you delete your Windows 8 recovery partition, you will see only option 1 & 2.

Di [MSFT], Mar 6, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Windows does not find the recovery partition

Windows 10 does not use a traditional recovery partition any more. It rebuilds OS from within Windows!

If you used the traditional oem partition, it would reinstall windows 8 not 10.

If you want to create a recovery drive (good idea), do this:-

control panel, recovery, create recovery drive, and select to copy system files.

Even if you failed to do this, it is easy to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch, using standard MS iso (I have a Sony Vaio) and have done this myself. In fact you do not get all the crappy Sony bloatware which is no longer supported.

Even if you wanted to go back to Windows 8, it is easy to reinstall using standard MS iso.

The best way of recovering is to create a full image backup of your pc (recommend Macrium Reflect Free to do this).

cereberus, Mar 6, 2016
Thema:

Windows does not find the recovery partition

1. Windows does not find the recovery partition - Similar Threads - does find recovery

2. Enlarged recovery partition, now WinRE can't find recovery files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enlarged recovery partition, now WinRE can't find recovery files: I ran into a problem installing a new routine update and found a likely explanation at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5034441-windows-recovery-environment-update-for-windows-10-version-21h2-and-22h2-january-9-2024-62c04204-aaa5-4fee-a02a-2fdea17075a8This...
  3. Enlarged recovery partition, now WinRE can't find recovery files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enlarged recovery partition, now WinRE can't find recovery files: I ran into a problem installing a new routine update and found a likely explanation at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5034441-windows-recovery-environment-update-for-windows-10-version-21h2-and-22h2-january-9-2024-62c04204-aaa5-4fee-a02a-2fdea17075a8This...
  4. Enlarged recovery partition, now WinRE can't find recovery files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Recovery Partition: After reset my laptop I lost the recovery partition from my HDD, so how can I get it back in HDD as a new partition ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-recovery-partition/e1314a34-ca5e-4fdc-8879-1a23ccab5cc8
  6. Windows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Recovery Partition: After reset my laptop I lost the recovery partition from my HDD, so how can I get it back in HDD as a new partition ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-recovery-partition/e1314a34-ca5e-4fdc-8879-1a23ccab5cc8
  7. Windows Recovery Partition

8. Windows Recovery Partition

Windows Recovery Partition: As you can see in the image below, the Recovery partition automatically revealed itself. Now I want to hide it but there is now that I can do that. There is only a 'Help' option in Disk Management to that partition. I try to do that through CMD using Diskpart but when...
  9. How many recovery partitions does this need

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How many recovery partitions does this need: Im low on diskstorage. Opened disk manager to find the expected recovery1 or2 but 3 recovery parts. each different size and none the standard 500mb that mircosoft claims. one is 900mb / partion2 1.34GB / and lastly a 12.47GB. which one safe to remove. can anyone indicate...
  10. Recovery Partition on Windows

Recovery Partition on Windows: Hi, I'm using Acer Predator Triton 500 and I had an issue regarding not being able to launch the factory default Predator Sense App. After trying every solution, I tried to restore the system to a time the app was functioning. In the process, an error occurred and I could no...