Windows 10: Windows does not Recognize me as Administrator

Discus and support Windows does not Recognize me as Administrator in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I only have one account. When I check my account status it shows Administrator. Yet when I try to do certain functions Windows tells me I need to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BillS22, Oct 12, 2015.

1. BillS22 Win User

Windows does not Recognize me as Administrator

I only have one account.
    When I check my account status it shows Administrator.

Yet when I try to do certain functions Windows tells me I need to be an Administrator to do that function.
    Like tonight. I tried to save a bat file to my root directory and Windows won't allow it. It made me save it to my User Account. Or other times when I try to change the icon on a short-cut, I have to go into Advance to perform it as an Administrator...

How do I fix this?
    And thanks.......

:)

BillS22, Oct 12, 2015
  2. 'Mike P Win User

Windows 10 does not recognize me as Administrator even though I'm the only one in the system.

net user administrator /active:yes

from PowerShell(admin) or Command Prompt(admin)

Unless you get lucky, you'll be re-installing windows soon.

'Mike P, Oct 12, 2015
  3. Windows 10 does not recognize me as Administrator even though I'm the only one in the system.

CMD does not even recognize user administrator /active:yes. Says not found.

There is also no Change Password link when in User Accounts for me or others on the system. I'm totally locked out

KirkJohnson1, Oct 12, 2015
  4. Windows does not Recognize me as Administrator

One thing you can do is download and run the little program called, "Grant Admin full Control".
    An earlier version was known as "Take Ownership".

Copying batch files, and other things to the root directory is problematical. So I just make a new directory (folder) under the root and copy my stuff there. While setting up a new PC or a new OS, I install some batch files, using other batch files on my Utilities disk. Here's an example, where I'm installing my Cleanup.bat, batch file.
    @Echo off
    cls
    md C:\ExtraStuff
    copy Cleanup.bat "C:\ExtraStuff

Then I will make a shortcut to Cleanup.bat and put that shortcut in my "Startup" folder, so it will run every time I boot up my PC.
    Also, when setting up a new OS (7 to 10), the first time the UAC window pops up, I click on the little blue line at the bottom and when it opens up the window that shows where your UAC is set, I grab the slider with my mouse pointer and drag it all the way to the bottom. Save, Apply (whatever) and reboot. You'll find you can do a lot more without being told you don't have permission.

good luck,
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Oct 12, 2015
Thema:

Windows does not Recognize me as Administrator

1. Windows does not Recognize me as Administrator - Similar Threads - does Recognize Administrator

2. Windows won't recognize me as Administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows won't recognize me as Administrator: Hello,I have checked in my profile settings that I am indeed an Administrator on my PC, as well as I even made a new Administrator account, but I get an error that states "you don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the Administrator to obtain Permission....
  3. Windows won't recognize me as Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't recognize me as Administrator: Hello,I have checked in my profile settings that I am indeed an Administrator on my PC, as well as I even made a new Administrator account, but I get an error that states "you don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the Administrator to obtain Permission....
  4. Windows won't recognize me as Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not recognizing me as administrator in windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not recognizing me as administrator in windows 10 Laptop: Hi, I am the only account holder with administrator privilege. However it does not allow me to delete a college email that is listed as work email. How do I solve the problem of my account not being recognized as having administrator privilege?Thanks in anticipation...
  6. my laptop does not recognize me as a administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop does not recognize me as a administrator: I recently decided to check out the setting for virus and threat protection and when i clicked on manage settings it had told me this setting is managed by your administrator when i am the administrator of my laptop and im the only one who uses it.How do i solve this issue...
  7. Wont recognize me as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wont recognize me as administrator: Windows 10 wont recognize me as administrator whenever i try to run anything as administrator it freezes and then eventually outputs "windows cannot access the specified device path or file you may not have appropriate permissions " this also happens when i try to open...
  8. Windows 10 Doesn't Recognize me as Administrator?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Doesn't Recognize me as Administrator?: I recently restarted my PC and it loaded up the repair diagnostic screen for whatever reason, but after about 30 minutes my PC finally started. I noticed the sound icon was off with the message "The audio service is not running", in addition to me not being able to open my...
  9. My PC does not recognize me as administrator.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My PC does not recognize me as administrator.: How do I make my PC recognize me as administrator? When I download a file system does not allow me to proceed. A window pops up saying I dont have administrative capapbilities. This in File Explorer....
  10. It won't recognize me as an administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It won't recognize me as an administrator: So I just tried to uninstall the CS-GO and it says " You do not have sufficient acess to uninstall Counter Strike 1.6. Please contact your system administrator." Then I realized I have two accounts now , PC1 and the one I have now is Administrator. ( Both of them are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network doesnt recognize me as the administrator

2. windowns to does not reconnize administrator