Windows 10: Windows doesn't and has never handled large icons properly. How do we get Microsoft to care...

Discus and support Windows doesn't and has never handled large icons properly. How do we get Microsoft to care... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This bug has been present for more than a decade. Rebuilding the icon cache does nothing. My display drivers are not the issue. Windows simply doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Foxtrot1_1, Jun 12, 2024.

1. Windows doesn't and has never handled large icons properly. How do we get Microsoft to care...

This bug has been present for more than a decade. Rebuilding the icon cache does nothing. My display drivers are not the issue. Windows simply doesn't know how to handle icons rendered any larger than the default at 1920 x 1080. I guess my question is: how do we make them actually fix this? Because there's nothing the users can do except suffer with terrible apps that you can't distinguish with a glance.

:)

Foxtrot1_1, Jun 12, 2024
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows doesn't and has never handled large icons properly. How do we get Microsoft to care... 233722d1557862791t-windows-doesn-t-start-authomatic-repair-doesn-t-work-hdd-test-1-.png

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 12, 2024
  3. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Jun 12, 2024
  4. Windows doesn't and has never handled large icons properly. How do we get Microsoft to care...

Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

Windows doesn't and has never handled large icons properly. How do we get Microsoft to care...

1. Windows doesn't and has never handled large icons properly. How do we get Microsoft to care... - Similar Threads - doesn't has never

2. How do we get Microsoft to fix the decade-old bug in rendering large desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do we get Microsoft to fix the decade-old bug in rendering large desktop icons?: This bug has been present for more than a decade. Rebuilding the icon cache does nothing. My display drivers are not the issue. Windows simply doesn't know how to handle icons rendered any larger than the default at 1920 x 1080. I guess my question is: how do we make them...
  3. How do we get Microsoft to fix the decade-old bug in rendering large desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do we get Microsoft to fix the decade-old bug in rendering large desktop icons?: This bug has been present for more than a decade. Rebuilding the icon cache does nothing. My display drivers are not the issue. Windows simply doesn't know how to handle icons rendered any larger than the default at 1920 x 1080. I guess my question is: how do we make them...
  4. How do we get Microsoft to fix the decade-old bug in rendering large desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft account hacked and microsoft doesn't care

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account hacked and microsoft doesn't care: So my microsoft acc got hacked a month ago, i contacted support 2 days after the hacking happened. Microsoft support said they can only delete it. I said do it and they didn't delete the account. Now i just wanna play minecraft but i can't because microsoft is conneted. I...
  6. Microsoft account hacked and microsoft doesn't care

Microsoft account hacked and microsoft doesn't care: So my microsoft acc got hacked a month ago, i contacted support 2 days after the hacking happened. Microsoft support said they can only delete it. I said do it and they didn't delete the account. Now i just wanna play minecraft but i can't because microsoft is conneted. I...
  7. How do I remove we care reminder we_care_reminder in Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove we care reminder we_care_reminder in Windows 10?: I keep getting we care reminder identified as a PUP and found discussion on how to deal with it with windows XP but nothing about windows 10. Has it been discussed and if so where?...
  8. MICROSOFT PIN HOW DO WE GET IT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MICROSOFT PIN HOW DO WE GET IT: HOW DO MICROSOFT STORE SIGN IN WITHOUT SECRET PIN AND WHERE IS IT OBTAIN FROM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-pin-how-do-we-get-it/d448e7a6-5b0f-420d-9765-739af6250198"
  9. Desktop Icon doesn't show as large

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon doesn't show as large: I have a 64 and 96 px sized icon file (.ico) that refuses to show as a large icon on the desktop - they show up as medium icons in Large icon view. Any ideas why this is happening? 94577
  10. Multi-Language usage: Microsoft has no clue. . . or doesn't care...

Multi-Language usage: Microsoft has no clue. . . or doesn't care...: I claim: Microsoft has no clue how people use their systems when it comes to dealing with multiple languages! Or they don't care.. I am using my computer frequently in different languages, mostly English and German, sometimes even mixed in the same document or even the...