Windows 10: Windows doesn't launch start menu & few apps and random restart

Discus and support Windows doesn't launch start menu & few apps and random restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, After few hours of usage, windows doesn't launch start menu & few apps like calc, taskmgr etc. This is happening every day. Also, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kcheng, Apr 25, 2018.

1. kcheng Win User

Windows doesn't launch start menu & few apps and random restart

Hello,

After few hours of usage, windows doesn't launch start menu & few apps like calc, taskmgr etc. This is happening every day.

Also, my laptop restarts randomly without warning which is highly annoying.

I have a Dell laptop ( AMD E2-9000 RADEON R2) with 4 GB Ram.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

kcheng, Apr 25, 2018

2. Help, all my applications either aren't lauching or taking a long time to load or will just crash.

This has been happening for a week, games and apps stopped working, not launching or just putting them into the background for me to go through task manager to stop and restart them.

windows explorer has crashed a number of times, with the start button barely functional. clicking icons in the start menu doesn't launch the app. apps don't launch through shortcuts or through the start menu. but seem to work fine when launching from the
    taskbar. apps and games taking far longer to load than normal, infinite loading screens/boxes

apps and games seem to launch quicker with compatibility mode set to windows 7. though I can't see myself going through every game or app to put them all in compatibility mode.

I have tried a few different solutions like a clean boot up to see if it was some kind of problem with some software. disabled most of the start up apps. I've done other things to see if there was a problem with the os like the sfc /scannow command and it
    didn't find any problems with the system.

vividsoushi, Apr 25, 2018
  3. Photos app isn't working in windows 10

Hi Team,

My photo app doesn't launch if I initiate the app from the desktop menu. It just opens for few seconds and then closes by itself. However, when I navigate to the pictures and open any random pic, the app launches and shows the picture as intended. Then later,
    if I click on the "View all photos" the app hangs and closes.

Windows doesn't launch start menu & few apps and random restart [​IMG]

NoelMerwyn, Apr 25, 2018
  4. zbook New Member

1) Open the website for the computer manufacturer. Enter the product or serial number > select the operating system > view drivers > post a URL or hyperlink into the thread

2) Update the system specs in the "My Computer" section:

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Windows 10 Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

3) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    4) sfc /scannow
    5) dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    6) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    7) net user test /add
    8) chkdsk /scan
    9) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    10) shutdown /r
    11) When the computer reboots logon with the new user named test
    12) Report into the thread how the start menu works for the new user named test

13) Create a bootable windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10

14) Run the beta log collector and post a zip into this thread:
    Windows 10 Help Forums
    (extract > open)
    Make sure that the default language is English before running the log collector so that the files can be scanned and read.
    Language - Add, Remove, and Change in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    If there are problems running the beta log collector use the text and images in this thread: (post #5)
    DM Log tool problem Solved - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Apr 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows doesn't launch start menu & few apps and random restart - Similar Threads - doesn't launch start

2. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu will not launch: Hi,I need help. My start menu will not launch. I click on it and a wheel spins for a second then nothing, it fails to launch. I have also noticed that I can't open up a photo either. When I go to photos and double click on one to launch it it does not open. I need to launch...
  3. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu will not launch: Hi,I need help. My start menu will not launch. I click on it and a wheel spins for a second then nothing, it fails to launch. I have also noticed that I can't open up a photo either. When I go to photos and double click on one to launch it it does not open. I need to launch...
  4. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 Start menu not launching apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Start menu not launching apps: I'm getting problems with windows 11 start menu since yesterday. Its not launching apps. I even restarted my laptop and it was launching apps for some time only, but after some time it stopped launching apps. I hope Microsoft will fix this issue with Windows 11 start menu in...
  6. Windows 11 Start menu not launching apps

Windows 11 Start menu not launching apps: I'm getting problems with windows 11 start menu since yesterday. Its not launching apps. I even restarted my laptop and it was launching apps for some time only, but after some time it stopped launching apps. I hope Microsoft will fix this issue with Windows 11 start menu in...
  7. App list doesn't showing in the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    App list doesn't showing in the start menu: Even after turning on the option the app list doesn't merge with tiles . Please help me to resolve problem providing some screenshots [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Pinned Apps disappearing from Start Menu after Restart / Randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinned Apps disappearing from Start Menu after Restart / Randomly: For some reason there are a few specific Apps (Nuke, InDesign, Skype) that just won't ever stay pinned to my Start Menu Apps. Plenty of other similar apps work like Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, etc. but there's something about a few specific ones that I am always having to...
  9. All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu

All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu: Hi, my name's Pedro and I'm using Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332. I have a laptop Lenovo Yoga 11s, Intel I5 3339Y, 8GB, Intel HD Graphics 4000 (last driver) and 128GB SSD card. In the last build (14328), after a good install and a normal work short period, the All...
  10. Unable to Launch Apps from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Launch Apps from Start Menu: I just upgraded from 10049 to 10061 using Windows Update and found that I cannot launch apps I have pinned to the Start Menu. 'This PC' was the first I tried and then several folders and applications I use often do no open when I try to open them from the Start Menu. I get a...