Windows 10: Windows doesn't recognize USB-Device anymore

Discus and support Windows doesn't recognize USB-Device anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys :-) I'm new to this forum and would appriciate your help very much. * Due to Malware on my laptop I needed to reinstall Windows (8.1).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JdoubleU, Mar 14, 2017.

1. JdoubleU Win User

Windows doesn't recognize USB-Device anymore

Hi guys Windows doesn't recognize USB-Device anymore :)
    I'm new to this forum and would appriciate your help very much.
    Due to Malware on my laptop I needed to reinstall Windows (8.1). Before, I had no problems with running an Audio 8 DJ ASIO soundcard. After the re-installation, Windows didn't recognize it anmore. I updated*my Windows to the version 10 but it still won't work.*The system is telling me*that the enumeration of the device failed.
    -I*did all the available updates for my Acer Aspire V3-771G
    -All the drivers (?) are updated (at least the USB ones, I did*that via the device manager)
    -I installed the latest*driver for the soundcard from the manufactrurers site
    -I tried the soundcard on 3 other devices, it worked on all ones so there is no hardware failure
    I tried solving this problem for 2 weeks now without any success and it's very very frustrating.
    Kind regards J-

:)

JdoubleU, Mar 14, 2017

2. Wireles mouse not working after resetting Windows 10!

I just reset windows 10 and the wireless mouse is not working anymore. It doesn't recognize the USB receiver it's like nothing is plugged in. Ive checked on device manager nothing there either tried adding new device also nothing.

EnisLimani, Mar 14, 2017
  3. Jpellitt Win User
    Treo 750 Sounds problem

I synced with the contacts, everything ok, synced with the calendar, everything ok, now it won't sync anymore...it doesn't recognize the device as connected. Tried rebooting, plugging/unplugging usb cable....sigh....

Jpellitt, Mar 14, 2017
  4. Windows doesn't recognize USB-Device anymore

Hi jdoubleU. Welcome to the TenForums @JdoubleU.

Going forward you can install Windows 10 directly using the processes outlined in this tutorial. Microsoft will activate your license automatically unless you've made some serious changes. You can get the software from MS.

Clean Install Windows 10

As to your current issue. Shutdown windows by holding shift key down and clicking shutdown. Unplug laptop from wall, remove battery, disconnect all USB devices, hold power button down for 25 seconds. Let laptop sit five minutes. Reassemble, do not connect any USB devices. Boot. When windows is back up try connecting USB sound card. Check device manager for devices not recognized, hopefully there will be none.

By removing all power to device we are attempting to reset ports.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 15, 2017
  5. elbmek Win User
    Something that happens to me and my sound is the darn thing keeps trying to set my monitor sounds as default, it did it again today after putting in several and one large, update. It does not do it as often as when I first installed the monitor and new video card, but updates seem to have triggered this last one.

Whilst typing this I had a notification window telling me my firewall and AV was switched off. I checked panel and they are fine?????

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows doesn't recognize USB-Device anymore

1. Windows doesn't recognize USB-Device anymore - Similar Threads - doesn't recognize USB

2. Windows 11 doesn't recognize it's partition anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't recognize it's partition anymore: I dual booting windows. Today I was doing some cleaning up and accidentally removed some of the Windows' controll partitions. I am not sure but I think they were Microsoft LDM metadata and Microsoft Reserved. Right after that the filesystem detected the disk as a invalid. I...
  3. Windows 11 doesn't recognize it's partition anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 doesn't recognize it's partition anymore: I dual booting windows. Today I was doing some cleaning up and accidentally removed some of the Windows' controll partitions. I am not sure but I think they were Microsoft LDM metadata and Microsoft Reserved. Right after that the filesystem detected the disk as a invalid. I...
  4. External USB Mouse doesn't work USB device not recognized Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External USB Mouse doesn't work USB device not recognized Windows 11: A few weeks ago, my external usb bluetooth mouse suddenly stopped working. Everytime i connect a mouse, windows gives notification "USB device not recognized". If I connect a usb or a mobile with the usb port it works correctly. The problem occurs only with mouse. I have...
  5. External USB Mouse doesn't work USB device not recognized Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External USB Mouse doesn't work USB device not recognized Windows 11: A few weeks ago, my external usb bluetooth mouse suddenly stopped working. Everytime i connect a mouse, windows gives notification "USB device not recognized". If I connect a usb or a mobile with the usb port it works correctly. The problem occurs only with mouse. I have...
  6. The computer doesn't recognize the microphone anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    The computer doesn't recognize the microphone anymore: Split from this thread. Greg, I'm responding to this message because I've been impressed with some of your other answers when it comes to updating drivers. I think that's at the root of the issues I'm going through. Specifically, the AT2020+ USB microphone I have...
  7. USB device not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB device not recognized: My WIFI mouse via a USB connector sometimes works and sometimes does not. I have tried a second piece of hardware and all three USB ports wit no lasting success. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-device-not-recognized/170cc763-dfa0-47fa-a275-cb24e03b0c72
  8. Usb device not recognized.

Usb device not recognized.: Last week, i bought a SanDisk 3.0 64gb usb flash drive, i formatted it to FAT32 with EaseUS for my wii, it worked, but the next day, the wii couldn't read it and also my pc. I tried to plug it in another pc running windows 10 , and another one running windows 8 , and a third...
  9. USB device not recognized

USB device not recognized: I have a Lenovo Android phone which after it self-upgraded it's software (customized Android UI) does not get recognized when it's plugged into my Lenovo G50 notebook. When plugged in, Windows gives "USB device not recognized" and the phone cannot be accessed. I've tried...
  10. USB device not recognized

USB device not recognized: I have a USB port on my motherboard that never worked. I had the problem with Windows 7 complaining about it, but something I did got Windows 7 to be quiet. Now I have Windows 10. Action Center is popping a steady stream - and I do mean steady - of "USB device not...