Windows 10: windows doesn't remember appearance setting

Discus and support windows doesn't remember appearance setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, i am running on Windows 10 PRO 64 bit, on user without admin privilegies. If i change appearance setting to custom, after next restart, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by empleat, Jun 7, 2018.

1. empleat Win User

windows doesn't remember appearance setting

Hello,
    i am running on Windows 10 PRO 64 bit, on user without admin privilegies.
    If i change appearance setting to custom, after next restart, it changes to default.
    I don't have nosave dword in registry to delete.
    Google found this as only solution.
    No idea what to do thanks.

:)

empleat, Jun 7, 2018

2. Windows 10 doesn't remember the "Extend these displays" setting after sleep

Hello,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with dual monitor display settings. We will certainly help you.

This issue generally occurs due to outdated or corrupted display drivers. Let's try the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Uninstall and reinstall Graphic drivers.

• Press Windows key + R key.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press
      Enter
    • In device manager go to display adapter.
    • Right click and uninstall.
    After you uninstall the drives, I suggest you to reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturing website and check.

Step 2: Create a new user account and check if the same issue occurs with new user account as well. Follow the steps from the link below"

Create a user account

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Settings Problem, the Settings App starts but the window doesn't open

It appears that the issue occurs after the Windows update, we suggest that you download and run the
    Windows Update troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, kindly follow the steps on how to perform the SFC tool to repair missing and corrupted system files below.

• Press Windows key + X, then click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the command sfc /scannow and press
      ENTER.

Kindly update us on the results.

Marby Rey, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

windows doesn't remember appearance setting

1. windows doesn't remember appearance setting - Similar Threads - doesn't remember appearance

2. Windows 11 doesn't remember taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't remember taskbar settings: I just upgraded from W10 pro to W11 pro yesterday and am having some trouble with the taskbar not remembering my settings. I have "combine taskbar buttons" set to never. When I launch a program or open a folder or open firefox the taskbar buttons are varying different widths....
  3. Windows 11 doesn't remember taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 doesn't remember taskbar settings: I just upgraded from W10 pro to W11 pro yesterday and am having some trouble with the taskbar not remembering my settings. I have "combine taskbar buttons" set to never. When I launch a program or open a folder or open firefox the taskbar buttons are varying different widths....
  4. Remembering settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remembering settings: You have recently solved a problem I had with the display which is a great success. This has led to another problem in that the machine does not remember the settings when I turn the machine off. My old machine does this without difficulty....
  5. Remembering settings

Remembering settings: You have recently solved a problem I had with the display which is a great success. This has led to another problem in that the machine does not remember the settings when I turn the machine off. My old machine does this without difficulty....
  6. Remembering settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows sometimes doesn't remember I set a PIN and skips the lock screen

Windows sometimes doesn't remember I set a PIN and skips the lock screen: Hello, I have been having a problem with Windows not remembering I set a PIN sometimes and skipping past the lock screen. I am confused because it is inconsistent. Sometimes when my computer wakes up from hibernation it prompts me to ender the PIN, but other times it just...
  8. Windows Doesn't Remember "Author" or "Subject"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Doesn't Remember "Author" or "Subject": Why doesn't Windows memorize the order of files in a folder ordered by the "subject" or "author" properties? P.s.: I've used scandisk, system restore and folder reset. All to no avail....
  9. The Settings icon will appear on my taskbar, but the settings app doesn't appear when I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Settings icon will appear on my taskbar, but the settings app doesn't appear when I...: I've been struggling with this for hours. I've tried to open up the settings app and the settings icon will show up on my task bar, but when i click on the icon, nothing appears. I've tried to run a sfc file cleaner, I've restarted my pc, and I've tried multiple...
  10. Windows doesn't remember "sort by" folder settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows doesn't remember "sort by" folder settings: By default there is no "date" option available when right-clicking in a folder and selecting "sort by". When I select "More", then check the date option, and then right-click and select sort by sate (ascending), Windows forgets it as soon as I back out of the window. Next...