Windows 10: Windows driver issue with Akai MPK49 Midi controller - Code 28

Discus and support Windows driver issue with Akai MPK49 Midi controller - Code 28 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to get my Akai MPK49 midi controller working with Windows 10. The controller was working on my system around 6 months ago but for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wavetek, May 11, 2017.

1. Wavetek Win User

Windows driver issue with Akai MPK49 Midi controller - Code 28

Hi,

I'm trying to get my Akai MPK49 midi controller working with Windows 10. The controller was working on my system around 6 months ago but for some reason, it's no longer being recognized correctly by Windows.

The device is class compliant, so it should work with drivers that Windows 10 already has and does not require 3rd party drivers.

When I go to the device manager, instead of appearing under Sound, video and game controllers, it appears under Other devices with a (!) symbol next to it. Here's a screenshot:

Windows driver issue with Akai MPK49 Midi controller - Code 28 [​IMG]

When I go to the Properties I see this:

Windows driver issue with Akai MPK49 Midi controller - Code 28 [​IMG]

I've been in contact with the manufacturer of the device and they've helped me troubleshoot the issue as best they can, but it seems as if this is a Windows problem and not at all a problem with the device. I have tested the device with another computer running Windows 10 and it works perfectly. You can read the thread here to see some of the things I've already tried: Akai MPK49 not working anymore on Windows 10 / FL Studio

Any ideas?

I've put about 8 hours into trying to fix this *Sad The last resort is reformatting and reinstalling Windows, and I really don't want to do that.

Thanks!
    Aaron

:)

Wavetek, May 11, 2017

2. Windows 10 Midi Keyboard not working

I have an akai lpk25 midi keyboard and until recently it worked fine on windows 10 Pro. Now without reason no response from it in FL Studio 11 or Ableton live 9. Windows is fully updated, both DAWs recognize the device being there and it also appears correctly
    in the device manager.

Not a hardware problem as using all the same but with a win 7, Ubuntu, and Win 10 Pro from January of this year, (without current updates obviously), everything works fine, so I believe that an update somewhere along the line has fubard the midi controllers.

Note that with current updates akai's own editor will not recognize the device, the only semi fix that i have found is uninstalling the drivers windows provides, restarting and plugging it in with a DAW running give a momentary amount of response, (seconds),
    but then back to nothing

RickySantospt, May 11, 2017
  3. USB device could not be migrated

Hi Everyone,

USB device migration fail notice seems to be a universal problem looking at the various mentions from others.

I've got an AKAI Midimix usb midi control surface that's failing.

I know it's not the device - I got a new replacement when it first occured - same issue. AKAI say their driver is compliant.

Running on Win10 64bit and looking at the device manager I see...

Device USB\VID_09E8&PID_0031&MI_01\7&1ef6baf4&1&0001 could not be migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_09E8&PID_0031&MI_01\6&375CB17&0&0001

Class Guid: {4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Location Path:

Migration Rank: 0xF00000000000F102

Present: false

Can anyone offer advice on how to resolve this?

Thanks for your help.

Alan McC

AlanMcCormack1, May 11, 2017
  4. Wavetek Win User

The latest Windows 10 update solved my problem!
    I think it was a corrupted Windows file perhaps.

Wavetek, May 13, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows driver issue with Akai MPK49 Midi controller - Code 28 - Similar Threads - driver issue Akai

2. Video Controller code 28

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Controller code 28: Hi! I have a problem with my device where in the device manager app and it is shown Video Controller code 28 in the Others tab. I've just upgraded the ram, and all I do is booting it up after I place the ram. But then suddenly my secondary monitor can't detect any signal and...
  3. Video Controller code 28

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Controller code 28: Hi! I have a problem with my device where in the device manager app and it is shown Video Controller code 28 in the Others tab. I've just upgraded the ram, and all I do is booting it up after I place the ram. But then suddenly my secondary monitor can't detect any signal and...
  4. Code 28 Network Controller

Code 28 Network Controller: I just installed a new ssd and reinstalled windows 11 and there is no option to connect to WiFi. I checked my device manager and network controller says The drivers for this device are not installed, Code 28 There are no compatible drivers for this device.To find a driver for...
  5. Code 28 Network Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code 28 Network Controller: I just installed a new ssd and reinstalled windows 11 and there is no option to connect to WiFi. I checked my device manager and network controller says The drivers for this device are not installed, Code 28 There are no compatible drivers for this device.To find a driver for...
  6. code 28 in Video Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    code 28 in Video Controller: I am using LENOVO Ideapad 330 81DE 8GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 2GB VRAM , One day while while playing game my screen froze and I had to force shutdown the whole system. When I tried Rebooting the system it just ends on no display but the power button shows on after trying a lot of...
  7. code 28 in Video Controller

code 28 in Video Controller: I am using LENOVO Ideapad 330 81DE 8GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 2GB VRAM , One day while while playing game my screen froze and I had to force shutdown the whole system. When I tried Rebooting the system it just ends on no display but the power button shows on after trying a lot of...
  8. Windows device manager not recognizing my midi controller Akai MPK249

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows device manager not recognizing my midi controller Akai MPK249: I just purchased a midi controller, Akai MPK249. When I plug it into my laptop the device manager does not recognize it under sound, video, game controllers. I right click on it to "scan for hardware changes" and it does not recognize it. I uninstalled usb drivers and...
  9. Mass Storage Controller The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28 There are...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mass Storage Controller The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28 There are...: The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28 There are no compatible drivers for this device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mass-storage-controller-the-drivers-for-this/f83937b0-a84b-414a-98a3-0d1d6b70299d
  10. DEVISE DRIVERS (CODE 28)

in Cortana
    DEVISE DRIVERS (CODE 28): I need some help. I keep getting "Drivers Not Installed" and then my Nortons discovered this ACPI\ASD0001\2&DA3FF&0 ? I have no idea what this is or what it means. I'm currently running on Windows 10. This is an older laptop as well. I would appreciate your assistance or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. akai mpk49 windows 10

2. akai network midi driver problem verify

3. akai mp249 driver

4. akai mpk 49 midi device,
  5. mpk49 midi fixing hardware problems ,
  6. akai mpk49 driver for windows,
  7. dravi usb midi kaperrde akai mpk 49,
  8. eject akai midi,
  9. midi controller software for akai and windows