Windows 10: Windows dual boot menu doesn't show up

Discus and support Windows dual boot menu doesn't show up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I just installed the latest build, but for some reason, when I turn my PC on, I see the usual BIOS thing, then it's pitch black. I know the boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by orbitalfenestra, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Windows dual boot menu doesn't show up

Hi! I just installed the latest build, but for some reason, when I turn my PC on, I see the usual BIOS thing, then it's pitch black. I know the boot menu is still there, but nothing on the screen. Is there any way to fix this?

Edit: I can access Windows (the boot menu does it's job, but I see nothing on the screen, so I need to go blind to choose between Win 8.1 and 10)

Thanks in advance!

:)

orbitalfenestra, Oct 24, 2014

2. how to stop booting from windows boot manager windows 10

Is it a WIndows Boot menu? Can we see a picture? If a WIndows Boot menu doesn't show up in msconfig then install EasyBCD which will always catch it.

Unless it's a BIOS/UEFI Boot menu popup?

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 24, 2014
  3. Windows 10 black screen after boot

I have this problem as well I think. Do you run dual boot? I run dual boot with windows 10 and windows 8.1. I boot natively from vm's. When it boots up it shows a black screen but I can move the mouse. I can still select my operating system I just can't
    see them.

If you have the same problem then that "while" that it is black could be the standard 30 secs before it starts the default operating system.

I found that I could get the boot menu to come back if I change it back to the windows 7 legacy boot menu by running command prompt as admin and typing,

I tried changing it back with,

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard

but it doesn't work still. Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it so the windows 8 boot menu is visible?

EdwardDimmack, Oct 24, 2014
  4. Windows dual boot menu doesn't show up

Hi,
    Sounds like your video card driver is not being recognized to me ?
    If you fill in your system spec's it might help others figure out what's going on :/
    Are you using onboard graphic's or do you have a video card ?
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Oct 24, 2014
  5. I got an AMD Radeon 6670. But once it was showing on the screen. Edit: I boot with the Win 10 DVD then switch Windows choices priority and I've set the time to 5 seconds. For unknown reason then everything was back to normal... I guess I can mark it as "solved"

orbitalfenestra, Oct 24, 2014
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    When I installed Win10 it took a bit before the drivers for my video card were updated and the graphics cleared up.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Oct 25, 2014
  7. I would suggest using 10 sec instead of 5 sec. At times that 5 sec difference is helpful.

Layback Bear, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows dual boot menu doesn't show up

1. Windows dual boot menu doesn't show up - Similar Threads - dual boot menu

2. Windows boot doesn't turn on on dual boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot doesn't turn on on dual boot.: After dual booting..few days the dual boot worked well,later on my Ubuntu starts perfectly but windows shows blank screen or sometimes stuck on lock screen.How can I solve this problem...
  3. Windows boot doesn't turn on on dual boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows boot doesn't turn on on dual boot.: After dual booting..few days the dual boot worked well,later on my Ubuntu starts perfectly but windows shows blank screen or sometimes stuck on lock screen.How can I solve this problem...
  4. Wifi menu doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi menu doesn't show up: I've been using windows 11 for ever since it came out and all of the sudden when I click on the little wifi, audio, or battery icon on the bottom right of the screen the menu doesn't pop up any more please help....
  5. Wifi menu doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi menu doesn't show up: I've been using windows 11 for ever since it came out and all of the sudden when I click on the little wifi, audio, or battery icon on the bottom right of the screen the menu doesn't pop up any more please help....
  6. Windows not showing up in boot menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not showing up in boot menu: I had windows and ubuntu on dual boot both on my ssd I was using ubuntu and mistakenly typed sudo rm -r /* which deleted everything and when I restarted both operating system on my ssd are not in the boot menu . I think bootloader is damaged . Pls help me in restore windows...
  7. Windows 10 not showing up in dual boot menu(GRUB)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not showing up in dual boot menu(GRUB): I recently installed Phoenix OS alongside my windows 10 on a partition . It is working fine except now imI unable to go back to my windows 10 . I'm using grub dual boot menu, but it only shows Phoenix OS. Before i was using grub menu, the laptop was directly booting with...
  8. Start menu doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu doesn't show up: HI, my pc is having this simple problem: when left clicking on the start icon the start menu doesn't show up, instead the icon background chances colour from black to white. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Other info: - full screen start menu mode works. - the start menu works with...
  9. Dual boot no option menu

Dual boot no option menu: I'm currently running ver 14393 (32) and tried installing 14986 (insider) on a partition. The install went ok but the installed version had some problems: repeated BSODs and really slow response. The hard part was getting back to my working version. I thought there was a boot...
  10. Dual Boot No Boot Menu

Dual Boot No Boot Menu: Ladies and Gentlemen I am in a new arena and need some help. I have been in the INI and BCD Arena but not the EFI MBR. I decided to go with a new motherboard and AMD RYZEN CPU. I set up the new system and moved my hard drives with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and Windows 8.1 Pro...