Windows 10: windows dvd player is gone after format.

Discus and support windows dvd player is gone after format. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i got this dvd player after i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10. somehow i used media creation tool to format. how do i get it back? 43690 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by model, Mar 10, 2016.

1. model Win User

windows dvd player is gone after format.

i got this dvd player after i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10. somehow i used media creation tool to format. how do i get it back?

:)

model, Mar 10, 2016

2. Windows DVD Player has gone

When I was update windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro, I've got the Windows DVD Player for free. But, after I format my laptop, my Windows DVD Player has gone. So anyone can help me to get it back

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

Yong JinYap, Mar 10, 2016
  3. Cannot play DVD's on my DVD player not windows media player after burning a movie, says cannot read UDF file

Original title: cd.dvd burner

can not play DVD's on my dvd player not windows media player after burning a move, says can not read UDF file I want to burn a video to play on my DVD player. how do I change to a format that I can play on my DVD player????Please help do not want UDF file
    format

JeannetteLeBar, Mar 10, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Mar 10, 2016
  5. VBS
    VBs Win User
    More info Getting the Windows DVD Player app - Microsoft Community most relevant probably is 8th question *Smile
    So if you do clean install your DVD player app will disappear (only way to preserve is to reinstall windows 7/8 with media center and then upgrade) and if you really want to be able to install it after clean install you can buy it in windows store (Spoiler: It's way to expensive for what it does).
    But there is good free software that can play DVDs like for example VLC player.

6. model Win User
    is this windows dvd player app able to play bluray? why is it so expensive for just dvd? can i run power dvd 6 on windows 10?

model, Mar 10, 2016
  7. Hello model Welcome to the Ten Forums!

The Windows DVD Player is normally a for sale only item at the MS online store but MS adds to the list of initial updates seen when first upgrading to 10 as an incentive to keep on running 10 rather then rolling back to the previous version. That was developed after MS decided to strip Windows Media Player down to the bone with 8! The MS thinking was that there was already too many free dvd players to choose from on the web. *Rolleyes

davidhk's advice on going with VLC is the actual best option since you will notice that is not only one of those free players but now seen at the MS store as well. Why keep updating WMP when you can simply have a download link for VLC? Don't bother with DVDFab Player 9 or any other version for that one since the "DVD" in the name should be changed to "Won't Play" instead while VLC has been a working champ in 10 so far!

Night Hawk, Mar 11, 2016
  8. Winuser Win User

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows dvd player is gone after format. - Similar Threads - dvd player gone

2. Dvd player not playing, now DVD drive option is gone from vlc player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dvd player not playing, now DVD drive option is gone from vlc player: New laptop, went to play a DVD and it looks like my drive erased the DVD without prompt. Inserted new DVD after installing vlc player and still nothing. So several forums said to delete DVD drive and restart. Once it restarted I opened my vlc player and clicked select file,...
  3. Dvd player not playing, now DVD drive option is gone from vlc player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dvd player not playing, now DVD drive option is gone from vlc player: New laptop, went to play a DVD and it looks like my drive erased the DVD without prompt. Inserted new DVD after installing vlc player and still nothing. So several forums said to delete DVD drive and restart. Once it restarted I opened my vlc player and clicked select file,...
  4. Windows DVD Player

Windows DVD Player: I bought a copy Windows DVD Player a few weeks ago. I had to reset my laptop to factory. How do I download it back on this same laptop? I shouldn't have to pay again. Thanks....
  5. Windows dvd player

Windows dvd player: A few days ago I bought Windows DVD Player. On my back statement, it shows: recurring payment? What does this mean? I paid for it, am I going to get charged again for this product that I have already paid for? If so, why?...
  6. Windows DVD Player

Windows DVD Player: I purchased Windows DVD player app for windows 10. It does not appear as a tile box and does not appear in the Start menu list does not autoplay and start when i insert a dvd...
  7. Formatting DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formatting DVD: I am trying to format a DVD-R. My PC seems to think it's a DVD RW, Yes, I know for a fact that it's a DVD-R, It asks me how I want to format it. I say "Like a USB drive." It spins, and eventually gives me an "unable to format error." I have gone through 5 DVD's so far,...
  8. DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player

DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player: Can I change the region for DVD player in windows media player if I have DVD drive with windows dvd player installed? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-region-on-media-player-with-dvd-driver-and/cd23d83c-3505-402a-86bb-4eaf15c8f3cd
  9. windows DVD player

windows DVD player: I have bought this app in the App Store but all that appears on my screen is an unhelpful message saying that "We're attempting" to download it but with no explanation of why it is failing to download. If it won't download, how o I get my money back?...
  10. Windows DVD Player

Windows DVD Player: I was running Windows 7 and did the free upgrade to Windows 10. I know that W10 does not have Windows Media Center, which is being replaced with Windows DVD Player. Windows DVD Player is an add on App for a fee. If you upgrade, Microsoft will give you a free copy of...