Windows 10: windows edge

Discus and support windows edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Do you have to accept Windows Edge as your default browser when downloading Windows 10. I am a die-hard Chrome user and do not want to use another... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JayTaunton, Jul 17, 2015.

1. windows edge

Do you have to accept Windows Edge as your default browser when downloading Windows 10. I am a die-hard Chrome user and do not want to use another browser. I have certain pages with saved passwords by Chrome and I have forgotten the passwords. I do not want to go through the hassle of resetting my forgotten passwords. To put it simply, I DO NOT WANT TO USE WINDOWS EDGE AS MY BROWSER!

:)

JayTaunton, Jul 17, 2015

2. Edge keeps crashing

That does not work for me. I tried it several times.

RonCheney1, Jul 17, 2015
  3. bavalde Win User
    How to Resolve Microsoft Edge crashing to desktop

Hi,

I'm having the same experience, i.e. Edge crashes approx 5-20 after launch. Every time.

This is on AU (14393.10 Enterprise).

The "fix" suggested above (ie re-create a new user etc) is a rather ugly hack.

I'd rather not do it to be honest. Are there any other ways to fix this?

I've not seen this crash on any of the recent pre-AU Insider builds of Edge...

Baffled.

BR Bjørn

bavalde, Jul 17, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

windows edge

Brink, Jul 17, 2015
  5. Does this mean that you do not have to keep Windows Edge as your browser, during the download process?

JayTaunton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

windows edge

1. windows edge - Similar Threads - edge

2. how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...: I am looking for a way to run a custom script which is located on my local drive when I receive a specific notification based on notification title? or from an edge notification from a specific url?I am using omnichannel on the CRM dynamics platform to receive phone calls in...
  3. how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...: I am looking for a way to run a custom script which is located on my local drive when I receive a specific notification based on notification title? or from an edge notification from a specific url?I am using omnichannel on the CRM dynamics platform to receive phone calls in...
  4. how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in: Exactly as it says on the tin! When clicking on any link in Outlook, Edge tries to sign in but advises "The user is not granted permission to sign in" > However when the GPO Setting/Registry setting to sign browser in is enabled, it makes no difference. Edge is the latest...
  6. when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in: Exactly as it says on the tin! When clicking on any link in Outlook, Edge tries to sign in but advises "The user is not granted permission to sign in" > However when the GPO Setting/Registry setting to sign browser in is enabled, it makes no difference. Edge is the latest...
  7. when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in

8. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?: I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge....
  9. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?: I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge....
  10. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?