Windows 10: Windows email app - "Account settings out of date"

Discus and support Windows email app - "Account settings out of date" in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I had used this app for quite a while. I like seeing the pop-up notifications when emails arrive. Now I get notifications that my email account... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by SJMaye, Jan 16, 2017.

1. SJMaye Win User

Windows email app - "Account settings out of date"

I had used this app for quite a while. I like seeing the pop-up notifications when emails arrive. Now I get notifications that my email account settings are out of date. Sometimes multiple times in a day. I will enter my email password only for it to come back minutes later.
    I have tried removing that account and making a new one. No change. Even tried advanced setup without success. One thing I have also noticed is I am unable to modify my email account sync settings. It is grayed out. Not sure if they are related. It almost appears the app is corrupted. In reading posts elsewhere on the Win10 email app is buggy. Is there any hope in making it work?

Windows email app - "Account settings out of date" [​IMG]

Other than fixing this issue , one of my goals is to get this working for my elderly father working with a Win10 tablet. If there is a better app for doing emails on a tablet I am open.

:)

SJMaye, Jan 16, 2017

2. cant sign in to microsoft account since update,

Are you attempting to access your email via Win10's Mail app or via the webmail page
    Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jan 16, 2017
  3. kitlach Win User
    email account settings out of date and people sync problem

I have a Surface Book with email accounts from charter.net loaded into the windows 10 mail app. I repeatedly get "account settings are out of date" and have to reset the password. I have the same accounts on a Surface Pro 4 with no problems. It makes
    the email app unusable. We have deleted and reloaded the accounts, checked and double checked all the settings, but cannot find a pattern or common thread to associate this with. Any help???

kitlach, Jan 16, 2017
  4. Barman58 Win User

With the current situation at Yahoo I strongly advise that you stop using Yahoo Mail at once - other than the well known serious password security breaches they are currently going through a company breakup (maybe asset strip is a better term)

The likes of Gmail and others have options to transfer your email data from Yahoo to a new account which will be a lot safer

As for tablet use - I use several android devices - and a catch all Gmail account, (multiple email accounts with multiple providers are polled and channelled through the one Gmail account),

This account uses IMAP so that whatever device I check my mail on and with whatever mail app or directly using a browser the information is synchronised

Barman58, Jan 16, 2017
  5. SJMaye Win User
    Hello Barman58,

Funny your response about Yahoo email accounts. Exactly what I have been looking at for myself. That part is not a problem. The glitch within Windows 10 email app still remains though. So, it sounds like the very simple, built-in Win10 app can't be fixed. A pity.

SJMaye, Jan 16, 2017
  6. Jack07 Win User
    I have the same issue on two accounts out of 4. The other 2 yahoo accounts are working fine.

Jack07, Jan 16, 2017
  7. SJMaye Win User
    It is weird. I can remove and add back that Yahoo account and it continues to do the same thing; I would enter the email and password information successfully. A few minutes later I get a pop-up that I need to update my account settings. I click on that and the there is no password shown. I re-enter the password. A few minute later I get the pop-up again to update my settings. I look and the password is gone again. Strange.

SJMaye, Jan 16, 2017
  8. Windows email app - "Account settings out of date"

Use a web browser to login to yahoo mail with the affected accounts and then logout. Now try the windows mail app. See if that resolves. It did for me once but it may of just been a BT/Yahoo glitch, this was the fix on the BT forums - worth a try

Scottyboy99, Jan 16, 2017
  9. SJMaye Win User
    Thanks for the idea, but no go for me. I think I will look for a different app.

SJMaye, Jan 16, 2017
  10. Barman58 Win User
    I've just re-installed and tried the Mail and Calendar app that is shipped with Windows 10 ( I personally uninstall all universal (modern) apps after I install Windows as I have Desktop apps that do the tasks better), It installed and worked fully with a Gmail account - So transferring your Yahoo account / contents to Gmail would still allow you to use the mail App you prefer (but with more reliable security) *Wink

Barman58, Jan 16, 2017
  11. SJMaye Win User
    Good to know. Thank you, Barman58

SJMaye, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows email app - "Account settings out of date" - Similar Threads - email app Account

2. Outlook email account settings out of date.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook email account settings out of date.: outlook email setting out of date windows mobile 10. long standing issue which I cant find the answer to. This started last month on my device, I have tried many attempted fixes time date reset devise hard reset, delete account re add etc. Laptop and android device working as...
  3. Outlook email account settings out of date.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook email account settings out of date.: outlook email setting out of date windows mobile 10. long standing issue which I cant find the answer to. This started last month on my device, I have tried many attempted fixes time date reset devise hard reset, delete account re add etc. Laptop and android device working as...
  4. Email settings out of date

Email settings out of date: Every 2 days I get a notification on my desk top saying my email settings are out of date. I have windows 10 and Microsoft told me to reinstall Windows which I did . The notification which also appears on my live.co.uk mail account gives me the option to fix my settings. I...
  5. Email account settings out of date

Email account settings out of date: When I try to access my email It says my settings are out of date when I try to fix. I get an error code 0x8019019a https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-account-settings-out-of-date/8d7be33c-773e-4d0c-a8c0-deb8fdad03b8
  6. AOL Email Account Settings Out of Date

in Windows 10 Customization
    AOL Email Account Settings Out of Date: Why does Windows not accept my valid AOL account login password for my AOL email account?When I click on "Fix Account" for the AOL account, I'm presented a panel for entering my email account password. I've tried entering the password several times. But moments after...
  7. Your Email Account Settings Are Out Of Date

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Email Account Settings Are Out Of Date: My dad's Outlook email stopped working a couple days ago and I can't fix it. It says Email account settings are out of date. I click fix it and let it go for 6+ hours and it didn't do anything. I Googled around and changed the time and date settings like people said but it...
  8. Email settings are out of date

Email settings are out of date: I keep getting an error message ‘Your email settings are out of date”. I type in my password and the problem seems to be sorted out. But then, in a few days, it appears again. Help me with solution, please....
  9. Account Settings out of date on email problem

Account Settings out of date on email problem: I had to change the password on my att email today due to a possible hacker issue. After I changed the password, I also changed it on my yahoo account. After I rebooted my computer and tried to access email, I got an error msg stating "account settings are out of date". The...
  10. Your email account settings are out of date

in Browsers and Email
    Your email account settings are out of date: Every day i get this alert even after i do the "fix" Your email account setting are out of date." Danielle TYiA *Smile 61627