Windows 10: Windows Embedded Sci_Linux

Discus and support Windows Embedded Sci_Linux in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can Scientific Linux Wyse C90LE7 WES7 WFR3 File description 7z SFX version 4.65.0.0 2.71 GB run on the same pc where WIN8 Windows 10 is installed?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hofkar, Nov 18, 2015.

1. hofkar Win User

Windows Embedded Sci_Linux

Can Scientific Linux Wyse C90LE7 WES7 WFR3
    File description 7z SFX version 4.65.0.0 2.71 GB
    run on the same pc where WIN8 Windows 10 is
    installed? Like you can start the one or the other?
    I downloaded the above file but do not dare to
    run it.

:)

hofkar, Nov 18, 2015

2. Why do some new phones have older versions of Microsoft OS after Windows Phone 7 release?

Actually I was looking for a Microsoft OS not iOS or Android etc. I did some researches and they ended up with Windows Embedded. There are eight products of Windows Embedded: Windows Embedded CE Windows Embedded Standard Windows Embedded Enterprise Windows
    Embedded Automotive Windows Embedded POSReady Windows Embedded Handheld Windows Embedded NavReady Windows Embedded Server Do you guys know which version of Windows Embedded is compatible with "Handheld devices with an integrated phone"

Ahmed Hesham, Nov 18, 2015
  3. DivYZ Win User
    DreamSpark Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro upgrade to Windows 10

This topic describes the supported installation paths for upgrading Windows Embedded devices. Customers must have a license for Windows 10 Enterprise to exercise any of these upgrade paths. The following table shows the upgrade path
    for various Windows Embedded devices.

Starting SKU
    Ending SKU
    Components upgraded
    IT-initiated in-place upgrade

Windows Embedded 8.1 Pro

Windows 10 Enterprise

Operating system + data/settings

Yes

Windows Embedded 8 Pro

Windows 10 Enterprise

Yes

Windows Embedded Enterprise 7

Windows 10 Enterprise

Yes

The following devices cannot be upgraded directly to Windows 10. You must wipe the devices and then reload Windows 10 Enterprise.

• Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Enterprise
    • Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro
    • Windows Embedded 8 Industry Enterprise
    • Windows Embedded 8 Industry Pro
    • Windows Embedded POSReady 7
    • Windows Embedded 8 Standard
    • Windows Embedded Standard 7
    • Windows Embedded Standard 7 Service Pack 1
    • Windows XP Embedded
    For information about upgrading Windows Embedded Handheld devices, see Enable offline upgrades to Windows 10
    for Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld devices

Upgrade Windows Embedded devices to Windows 10

DivYZ, Nov 18, 2015
  4. Fafhrd Win User

This is confusing:

Scientific Linux Wyse C90LE7 WES7

There are 3 entities here:

Scientific Linux - I guess a Linux distro designed for scientific work
    Wyse C90LE7 - a thin client terminal type PC
    WES7 - Windows Embedded Standard 7 - a cut down version of Windows 7 designed for embedded systems

The next bit is about the delivery file:

7z SFX version 4.65.0.0 7-Zip self extracting file version 4.65.0.0

2.71 GB - the filesize

so can you clarify? Origin of this software etc.

Fafhrd, Nov 18, 2015
  5. hofkar Win User
    Hello
    I think You will find the files here:
    Index of /linux/scientific/7x/x86_64/iso
    Thank You for responding
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hofkar, Nov 21, 2015
  6. hofkar Win User
    I think the name of the Lab is Fermilab. Hope this is of any use.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Most rsync users are familiar with the command, so these examples here can be modified to your needs. For space saving purposes, you can easily exclude SRPMS, install images, and debuginfo. If you don’t need something, exclude it!

For mirroring SL5x
    rsync -avSH --delete --delete-after --exclude=sites/Fermi --exclude=archive/obsolete --exclude=archive/debuginfo --exclude=SRPMS rsync://rsync.scientificlinux.org/scientific/5x/ /export/pub/linux/scientific/5x/
    For mirroring SL6x or SL7x
    rsync -avkSH --delete --delete-after --exclude=archive/debuginfo --exclude=archive/obsolete --exclude=SRPMS rsync://rsync.scientificlinux.org/scientific/6x/ /export/pub/linux/scientific/6x/
    To mirror other releases simply modify the commands above.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hofkar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Embedded Sci_Linux - Similar Threads - Embedded Sci_Linux

2. Windows 11 won't recognize my Philips 34E1C56000 embedded camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won't recognize my Philips 34E1C56000 embedded camera: I have a Philips 34E1C5600 - 34 inch wide LCD Monitor 34E1C5600 - with an embedded Windows Hello compatible webcam. I am running Windows 11 version 23H2. I've done troubleshooting using device manager as well as followed all account settings in Settings and cannot get it to...
  3. Windows 11 won't recognize my Philips 34E1C56000 embedded camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 won't recognize my Philips 34E1C56000 embedded camera: I have a Philips 34E1C5600 - 34 inch wide LCD Monitor 34E1C5600 - with an embedded Windows Hello compatible webcam. I am running Windows 11 version 23H2. I've done troubleshooting using device manager as well as followed all account settings in Settings and cannot get it to...
  4. embedded win 11 in bios how to bypass?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    embedded win 11 in bios how to bypass?: I brought a new Lenovo system with Ryzen 7 and 4070 12 GB video card. It comes with Windows 11 Home. The Lenovo product is Legion T5 26ARA8. I copied the Win 11 home files and formatted the system ssd with windowsxlite Window 10 Pro version and under system, windows can't be...
  5. embedded win 11 in bios how to bypass?

embedded win 11 in bios how to bypass?: I brought a new Lenovo system with Ryzen 7 and 4070 12 GB video card. It comes with Windows 11 Home. The Lenovo product is Legion T5 26ARA8. I copied the Win 11 home files and formatted the system ssd with windowsxlite Window 10 Pro version and under system, windows can't be...
  6. Virtualized Windows XP Embedded machine will boot normally but BSOD in safe mode

Virtualized Windows XP Embedded machine will boot normally but BSOD in safe mode: Hello,I created a virtual machine from a drive image taken from a Windows XP Embedded machine. Initially, I had a BSOD with STOP: 0x0000007B when trying to boot normally, but I remedied that by mounting the SYSTEM hive in a different VM and manually applying the registry and...
  7. Virtualized Windows XP Embedded machine will boot normally but BSOD in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtualized Windows XP Embedded machine will boot normally but BSOD in safe mode: Hello,I created a virtual machine from a drive image taken from a Windows XP Embedded machine. Initially, I had a BSOD with STOP: 0x0000007B when trying to boot normally, but I remedied that by mounting the SYSTEM hive in a different VM and manually applying the registry and...
  8. When is Microsoft going to fix their embedded spyware/malware so that we can disable it ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When is Microsoft going to fix their embedded spyware/malware so that we can disable it ?: Microsoft Text Input Application...SPYWARE.Keylogger. Cannot be disabled. Can NO LONGER EVEN KILL THE PROCESS IN TASKMAN.MALWARE.Legitimate claimed uses: Accessibility virtual input, keyboard, etc. , clipping tool, search.Microsoft Search IndexerThis can be disabled, in...
  9. When is Microsoft going to fix their embedded spyware/malware so that we can disable it ?

When is Microsoft going to fix their embedded spyware/malware so that we can disable it ?: Microsoft Text Input Application...SPYWARE.Keylogger. Cannot be disabled. Can NO LONGER EVEN KILL THE PROCESS IN TASKMAN.MALWARE.Legitimate claimed uses: Accessibility virtual input, keyboard, etc. , clipping tool, search.Microsoft Search IndexerThis can be disabled, in...
  10. When is Microsoft going to fix their embedded spyware/malware so that we can disable it ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging