Windows 10: Windows encountered a problem.....

Discus and support Windows encountered a problem..... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My integrated web cam has stoped working and displays a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager. When I try and update the driver i get a "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kashegan, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Kashegan Win User

Windows encountered a problem.....

My integrated web cam has stoped working and displays a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager. When I try and update the driver i get a "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device" "USB video device" "Access is denied". The device does not have a unique driver but uses a microsoft driver. How do I resolve this issue please?

:)

Kashegan, Sep 6, 2017

2. ActiveSync encountered a problem???

No, I don't think so-one liners at most, but most cotacts because they are business have full address, phone,fax,mobile (cell) mailing address etc but I would think that should nt be a problem. It just may be that my mail,contacts and calendar are big enough
    to scare Activesync into inactivity??? Anyway, I will tackle the whole list of things to do again on the weekend.

cashmerebill, Sep 6, 2017
  3. ActiveSync encountered a problem???

Thanks for the tip it did work for me but I never use notes so there is nothing to sync. Still doesn't work for calendar, mail or contacts

cashmerebill, Sep 6, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Sep 8, 2017
  5. Kashegan Win User
    My mistake, the Dell is my home desktop, the problem is on my MSi CX61 laptop. The solution you suggest accurately represents my problem, but the actual solution is not quite applicable to what I see in the Registry in Windows 10. There are some boxes that I feel could help if I could select them, but they are greyed out. As I am the owner and administrator i don't understand why there appears to be another one (or two) layers of security above what I have access to?

Kashegan, Sep 8, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    There are many files in the Windows Registry that are system files, and if altered would ,make the computer inoperable, so they are greyed out so you won't accidentally delete it.
    Make sure you are logged in as an Administrator User. Press the Win key+X and choose Device Manager, right click the yellow flagged device and Uninstall it. Go to the MSI support/download drivers page for your model and download the Chipset Driver. Then Restart. If the yellow flag is back, Uninstall it again, then right click Any device and choose Scan For Hardware Changes. This should reinstall the driver. If this fails, the hardware itself may have failed. You can always get a USB web cam,

spunk, Sep 10, 2017
  7. Kashegan Win User
    I tried your suggestions - with no success. Finally managed to solve the issue with a clean install of Windows. A bit drastic, but it worked. Thanbsk for your jhelp anyway, it was appreciated.

Kashegan, Sep 10, 2017
  8. spunk Win User

It's too late now, but in the future, anything like that happens,
    Press the Win key+X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) Here type
    SFC /Scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing system files.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows encountered a problem..... - Similar Threads - encountered problem

2. "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...: My computer crashed, and when I power it on, it loads the manufacturer logo and then the blue screen "Windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it reboots and does the cycle again - manufacturer logo, blue screen, manufacturer logo,...
  3. "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...: My computer crashed, and when I power it on, it loads the manufacturer logo and then the blue screen "Windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it reboots and does the cycle again - manufacturer logo, blue screen, manufacturer logo,...
  4. "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart." Stopcode: registry error. Then it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How can I resolve the “We encountered a problem. [1001]” error when logging into Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I resolve the “We encountered a problem. [1001]” error when logging into Microsoft...: After starting my PC as usual, I realize that my 365 applications as well as the EDGE browser display an error at the level of the login account saying that it is not possible to access my account and invites me to log in to resolve the problem. Once I attempt to log in, the...
  6. How can I resolve the “We encountered a problem. [1001]” error when logging into Microsoft...

How can I resolve the “We encountered a problem. [1001]” error when logging into Microsoft...: After starting my PC as usual, I realize that my 365 applications as well as the EDGE browser display an error at the level of the login account saying that it is not possible to access my account and invites me to log in to resolve the problem. Once I attempt to log in, the...
  7. Laptop running windows 11 suddenly encountering multiple problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop running windows 11 suddenly encountering multiple problems.: Hi, I've been having problems with my laptop for the past few days. First my microphone stopped working followed by the speakers, then the HDMI port and now I cant adjust fisplay settings like brightness there's no slider in settings and hotkeys don't work or night light or...
  8. Laptop running windows 11 suddenly encountering multiple problems.

Laptop running windows 11 suddenly encountering multiple problems.: Hi, I've been having problems with my laptop for the past few days. First my microphone stopped working followed by the speakers, then the HDMI port and now I cant adjust fisplay settings like brightness there's no slider in settings and hotkeys don't work or night light or...
  9. I am encountering an unusual problem "wavy interface" on my Windows 10 Pro system.

I am encountering an unusual problem "wavy interface" on my Windows 10 Pro system.: specific apps like "Brave" and "Capcut" display a wavy interface with melted fonts. I've checked and confirmed that all graphics drivers are up to date, but the issue persists. I'm uncertain whether it's a graphics driver problem or there are apps provide utilities like...
  10. I am encountering an unusual problem "wavy interface" on my Windows 10 Pro system.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am encountering an unusual problem "wavy interface" on my Windows 10 Pro system.: specific apps like "Brave" and "Capcut" display a wavy interface with melted fonts. I've checked and confirmed that all graphics drivers are up to date, but the issue persists. I'm uncertain whether it's a graphics driver problem or there are apps provide utilities like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows encountered a problem 1803 migration