Windows 10: Windows encounters an error and restarts when editig RDP files

Discus and support Windows encounters an error and restarts when editig RDP files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I wonder if anyone have had the same problem with editing RDP files? Each time I open a RDP file for editing to change the user name and enter the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by metalnoise, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Windows encounters an error and restarts when editig RDP files

I wonder if anyone have had the same problem with editing RDP files?

Each time I open a RDP file for editing to change the user name and enter the new domain\user but no password and press enter a black error window pops up saying there is only one minut to restart... I can only close everything a wait... the start menu is locked and the task maneger doesn't work too. How strange is that?

Then after it rebooted and is starting it needs a few minutes (usualy a few seconds) to come up.

I looked at the event viewer and there is a list of half a milion error messages *Eek about the biometric processor I've disabled it hoping it won't slow windows down next time.

Can this have anything to do with the crashing RDP editor?

:)

metalnoise, Feb 13, 2016
  2. MichelB62 Win User

This RDP File is corrupted. The remote connection cannot be started

I work at home and need to connect to a remote server sometimes. Today I tried to connect again and got the error "This RDP File is corrupted. The remote connection cannot be started". How can I create a RDP connection again when you even can't startup the
    RDP dialog?

I tried using 'Create a .rdp File' but in my 'Windows Accessories' folder is no
    RemoteApp Manager.

MichelB62, Feb 13, 2016
  3. johnhurst2, Feb 13, 2016
Thema:

Windows encounters an error and restarts when editig RDP files

1. Windows encounters an error and restarts when editig RDP files - Similar Threads - encounters error restarts

2. The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...: I tried resetting my PC Asus it got to 98% and now I keep getting this message - “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click. Ok to restart the computer, and then restart the...
  3. The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...: I tried resetting my PC Asus it got to 98% and now I keep getting this message - “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click. Ok to restart the computer, and then restart the...
  4. The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...: So, this is a topic that has been covered elsewhere, but my issue has a further complication.My computer was really slow, so I wanted to do a full reset and wipe everything after doing a backup of my data first.After quite a few hours, the computer had done its wiping and...
  5. The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...: So, this is a topic that has been covered elsewhere, but my issue has a further complication.My computer was really slow, so I wanted to do a full reset and wipe everything after doing a backup of my data first.After quite a few hours, the computer had done its wiping and...
  6. Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error: Dell G3 3590, didn't boot up so tried to reinstall using a flash drive with windows 10 from the media creation tool. It gets stuck at the "Getting devices ready" stage and was forced to hard shut down which makes it loop in "Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an...
  7. "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error" message when...

"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error" message when...: Hi there I have an ASUS Notebook T100TA with Windows 10 x86. I was having issues with the audio & mic not working & decided to reset my PC doing a complete reinstall via the reset menu install from my PC. The computer appeared to complete the "preparing" and "restoring"...
  8. Windows encountered an error and restarted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows encountered an error and restarted: So I don't know what is going on. This has never happened before. Twice now has my computer gave me a screen that it encountered an error and needed to restart. The first time was a few days ago and it created a dump file, but I did not ask about it because I thought it was...
  9. Windows 10 encounter and error and must restart

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 encounter and error and must restart: Several times a day I get this blue screen message: windows has encountered and error and must restart. This seems to be happening when I am moving large files from ondrive onto my PC. Has anyone else experienced this?...
  10. “Error Encountered” when checking for Windows Updates

“Error Encountered” when checking for Windows Updates: When checking for Windows Updates with Windows 10, you might get the error: “Error encountered. We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn’t work, make sure that you‘re connected to the Internet.” We are...